Glad you got yours, Swede!

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Brakeless! Bold move

Go get em Phishy! Excited to hear what you think with a few more laps

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Brakeless! Bold move

Not bold when willing to commit tib/fib at alarming speeds and din 16!

Brakeless! Bold move

Gotta stare at 'em some time before drilling before deciding where to...

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Gotta stare at 'em some time before drilling before deciding where to...
    -11(83cm from tail),of course. For the 187s, that is.

^^could very well be, as tails feels a wee bit softer than expected. Initially thought -11.5--12. Lemme dwell summore...

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    -11(83cm from tail),of course. For the 187s, that is.

I’m going to bite the bullet for all at -9.5, then back to -11 if it doesnt work out

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I’m going to bit the bullet for all at -9.5, then back to -11 if it doesnt work out
    That is as far forward as would probably make sense, but with the right skier and boot (ie skiing Rens at -5.5 or -6) I think it should ride well.... very curious to hear how you get on with it.

I’m going to bite the bullet for all at -9.5, then back to -11 if it doesnt work out
    I think with the combo of your preferences otherwise in skis, the sidecut and profile, you'll be just fine, S!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Found some tougher conditions on the mountain today. Been so spoiled since day one with nothing but cold powder so the slabby/recycled/grabby stuff today was a bit of a challenge. We didn't get up on the summit but got into some steeps on HW. The FL113 is definitely at home on the steeper stuff. Took me a minute to trust that these can just kinda be pointed through any suspicious snow. So far happy with -11.5 but if I had another pair I might mount them at -10.5 just to see.

All in all they can whip around real easily and are pretty confidence inspiring. Really hoping to get back up there tomorrow and ski some chalk off the summit in full sun where I can actually let them run. I couldn't really see shit on the shady stuff today.

Thanks for the viddy! Besides the visibility, looked like fun snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Found some tougher conditions on the mountain today. Been so spoiled since day one with nothing but cold powder so the slabby/recycled/grabby stuff today was a bit of a challenge. We didn't get up on the summit but got into some steeps on HW. The FL113 is definitely at home on the steeper stuff. Took me a minute to trust that these can just kinda be pointed through any suspicious snow. So far happy with -11.5 but if I had another pair I might mount them at -10.5 just to see.

All in all they can whip around real easily and are pretty confidence inspiring. Really hoping to get back up there tomorrow and ski some chalk off the summit in full sun where I can actually let them run. I couldn't really see shit on the shady stuff today.

Looks like conditions more suited to the r99. I forgot that you were from Jersey

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is the stoke we want! Thanks WG!

Was able to lap the tram today and really let these bad boys run. Just awesome in alpine chalk. Lively for quick/jump turns in the narrow stuff like the cooler.

Hey all with time on the FL113 so far, I am Curious how people are liking how the ski is tune.

On my end, the snow the past week has gotten pretty grabby and scratchy, so I ended up adding a touch of base edge bevel under foot so the ski with drift a little more cleanly.

Curious if that is a change I should make to subsequent skis, or if it’s more that I am only at about 75% skiing coming from injury… and if folks are happy as-is…

BOOM!

Baller!

That decides it, gold on the 187s, forza on the 194s

Baller!

That decides it, gold on the 187s, forza on the 194s
    Saving my golds for the R87s, turned out my wife likes the forza look better. Just keeping the peace!

Fuck around and find out. The 113s saw some untracked and had to go. What I found out is that there was soft heavier pow with hard avy debris underneath. Gonna have to go back and rebate with a little better skiing, but we got it done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xchute2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	446530

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xchute3.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	446531

Hey all with time on the FL113 so far, I am Curious how people are liking how the ski is tune.

On my end, the snow the past week has gotten pretty grabby and scratchy, so I ended up adding a touch of base edge bevel under foot so the ski with drift a little more cleanly.

Curious if that is a change I should make to subsequent skis, or if it’s more that I am only at about 75% skiing coming from injury… and if folks are happy as-is…
    Ok so I don't know shit about tuning really. I just wax when needed. Definitely some grabby/dense/soft-over-hard this week here as well and wondering if I should de-tune somewhat as well to get more drift?

Right on!
    going to play with some stuff on the skis today and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

Ok so I don't know shit about tuning really. I just wax when needed. Definitely some grabby/dense/soft-over-hard this week here as well and wondering if I should de-tune somewhat as well to get more drift?
    Yo M... IMHO it's very much worth knowing just a little about detuning to make skis work how they're intended, especially with a long low rocker ski like the 113 that doesn't really have defined contact points. You need to be able to use subtle edge pressure to feather the drift, rather than just let em on/off grab. I'll defer to Marshal of course but my recc would be a progressive detune... dull af at tips/tails, blending to sharp underfoot. Not hard to do w/ file and stones/diamond. Maybe start small and gradually dull em back as you see fit.

Skis that are sharp all the way out make me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yo M... IMHO it's very much worth knowing just a little about detuning to make skis work how they're intended, especially with a long low rocker ski like the 113 that doesn't really have defined contact points. You need to be able to use subtle edge pressure to feather the drift, rather than just let em on/off grab. I'll defer to Marshal of course but my recc would be a progressive detune... dull af at tips/tails, blending to sharp underfoot. Not hard to do w/ file and stones/diamond. Maybe start small and gradually dull em back as you see fit.

Skis that are sharp all the way out make me insane.
    Hey man, so I definately agree with this generally (and that is how they are prepped out of the box) -> so the logic of a little more is a great point.

I pose the question as I am at like 75% skiing ability while coming back from an injury, so I love how these behave when pushing hard on them, but when skiing passively (since at 75%, not that I normally would), the ski doesn't drift quite as much as I would like... but I am wondering that has anything to do with the ski, or likely, its just me skiing slower than normal and not putting enough energy into it.

With the long low rocker with near reverse profile underfoot, I don't think I want to detune the tips that much further, since they don't really make contact on windboard at shallow edge angles, and I am feeling a little drag underfoot rather than tips/tails catching. But again, I am still stuck on me skiing like a wuss vs. anything with the ski. Just trying to get out my own echo chamber in my head!!!

I will report back, mainly so that if anyone else is experiencing this with the FL113, they can make a small change or two. And if nobody is... then color me stoked!

Maybe just too sharp still underfoot?

Doubt it's geo related

Family picture!

Sorry, but the lifts are closed this week due to rain (!) , so my first hope to get a feel for the tune is Saturday.

I doubt there are any geometry reasons for unwillingness to slarve, but then I might be biased, just a touch.