Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    How is flex compared to senders and bodacious? Had ordered them originally but also have 186 bodacious and kept thinking how similar they look

Noticeably more stout on the hand flex than the sender squads in tips and tails, not crazy different v the bodes but a bit more of a consistent flex throughout.

Feels real strong but not alarmingly stiff. As Marshal had suggested, stiffer in the tip than the LPs but the tail feels a touch more mellow to the hand.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

These rocker pics and flex profile descriptions are putting my want gland into overdrive. I'm putting in a preemptive dibs on the first pair of 194's that someone wants to sell complaining about icy mogul performance, or doesn't match their bindings, or prefers their Line SFB's for skiing switch, or.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    These rocker pics and flex profile descriptions are putting my want gland into overdrive. I'm putting in a preemptive dibs on the first pair of 194's that someone wants to sell complaining about icy mogul performance, or doesn't match their bindings, or prefers their Line SFB's for skiing switch, or.......
    Goddamn. I designed the fuckers, stared at and adjusted that profile for days and weeks. These came out how i wanted.

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Noticeably more stout on the hand flex than the sender squads in tips and tails, not crazy different v the bodes but a bit more of a consistent flex throughout.
    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    This is all soo very exciting. Fucking pumped; countdowns on.

LT, yer fuckin killin me man, haha. Can’t wait to get these fuckers on snow.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Please mount with gold pivots, post pics so I can live vicariously through you until feb 7. If UPS don't lose them over the Atlantic somehow.

Carry on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4546.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	444851

I have not been this excited about a new pair of skis in quite some time.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shit, them are badass.

Fuuuck the gold looks good!

Bry the collection is peaked right now!!

BIG DICK ENERGY

Name:	C113rocker.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	444887

Name:	C113rocker2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	444888

Name:	C113 rocker trail.jpg 
Views:	144 
ID:	444889

Name:	C113 weight.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	444890
    194 C113
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230127_113437.jpg 
Views:	122 
ID:	444886  

My 194 C113 are basically flat directly underfoot then a very slight reverse camber out to the rocker points. Exactly what I'd hoped for... hope they ski as good as they look! Super solid feel- look like a real ski at a tourable weight.

This entire lineup is looking dope as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Which skis are these made to emulate? If any? A bode with original flex and sidecut, but «spurred» tip rocker?

Or is it just a ski you wanted to make, Arild?

Looks great, but probably a bit more ski than needed for norwegian birch steeps

Have you not been paying attention? Perhaps the answer to your question is a bit of a read.

I’m not trying to be a standoffish dick. But this ski (these skis?) has been on the back burner for years.

If you’re new, I’ll be polite.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Which skis are these made to emulate? If any? A bode with original flex and sidecut, but «spurred» tip rocker?

Or is it just a ski you wanted to make, Arild?

Looks great, but probably a bit more ski than needed for norwegian birch steeps
    Not a ski designed in the last ten years, at least. I wanted, basically, a Thirteen with a slightly easier tail (read: some tail rise), and a more balanced taper profile, so it would scrub speed, slarve and pivot better. In addition to Thirteens, there is influence from at least ten different skis, some more progressive and others more trad chargy. After the Thirteens, the only truly lustworthy skis to me have been SiSt/Down's cd3/115 and sd105s. Both brilliant. Plus, there's nothing quite like going so fast that trenches can be laid with a 40m+ sidecut radius, and the speed can be felt more in your face and flappy, baggy clothing than in your feet.

You're right, more ski than technically needed where I live, but last season I skied my thirteens a lot at my local 200m elevation hill, and they made me feel 13 years younger and back in Narvik. Just go fast, don't worry about death cookies, deflection or hookiness, stop when you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by nate s View Post

Name:	C113rocker.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	444887

Name:	C113rocker2.jpg 
Views:	154 
ID:	444888

Name:	C113 rocker trail.jpg 
Views:	144 
ID:	444889

Name:	C113 weight.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	444890
    194 C113
    That's seriously light for such a big ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post

Name:	IMG_4546.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	444851

I have not been this excited about a new pair of skis in quite some time.
    Well executed! I have no qualms going gold instead of black icon now.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Have you not been paying attention? Perhaps the answer to your question is a bit of a read.

I’m not trying to be a standoffish dick. But this ski (these skis?) has been on the back burner for years.

If you’re new, I’ll be polite.

For not trying you’re succeeding at being a standoffish dick very well, kudos!

Damn. Should have grabbed mine before leaving for Jackson!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Damn. Should have grabbed mine before leaving for Jackson!
    Really???? You went to, of all places, JHole without them? FWIW, I am trying to be a standoffish dick.

The hype in this thread really makes me want to buy skis I don't need. Marshall, just curious, but are you seeing sales from outside of TGR? Listened to the Blister episode you were on recently and just wondered how big a reach you'd found with these.

Love seeing the early stoke and so pumped for everyone to get on snow with them! Proof is always in the pudding, my hope hope is that folks are really impressed. They are exactly what I was personally after with them, which is immensely gratifying.

@Pinned - I would guess about 1/2 are TGR and 1/2 are friends and family, give or take? The numbers I shared on Blister remain about right. My view is that number of skis is about ideal. It ensures I roughly break even on mold costs, and can justify investing into some new molds for next season. My personal skis this year cost a touch more than everyone else's once all said and done, but whatever. From my perspective, sure there could be broader appeal, but that would tell me we aren't making weird/niche enough shapes! I'd love to actually pay myself for my time someday, since I am a consultant who bills for his time, but whatever. That isn't a requirement. I'd also rather sell fewer skis to people who want something specific than more skis that are homogenized and boring. Not sure that really answered your question, but I get these types of questions alot via email, and thought folks in this thread would appreciate a little more background.

I’ll keep buying Marshal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Love seeing the early stoke and so pumped for everyone to get on snow with them! Proof is always in the pudding, my hope hope is that folks are really impressed. They are exactly what I was personally after with them, which is immensely gratifying.

@Pinned - I would guess about 1/2 are TGR and 1/2 are friends and family, give or take? The numbers I shared on Blister remain about right. My view is that number of skis is about ideal. It ensures I roughly break even on mold costs, and can justify investing into some new molds for next season. My personal skis this year cost a touch more than everyone else's once all said and done, but whatever. From my perspective, sure there could be broader appeal, but that would tell me we aren't making weird/niche enough shapes! I'd love to actually pay myself for my time someday, since I am a consultant who bills for his time, but whatever. That isn't a requirement. I'd also rather sell fewer skis to people who want something specific than more skis that are homogenized and boring. Not sure that really answered your question, but I get these types of questions alot via email, and thought folks in this thread would appreciate a little more background.
    Awesome - thanks for the info.

I don't think the shapes are weird or niche at all - I think the market has just become more homogenous. My take, as someone who is just curious about trying different shapes/builds, is that I need to look further back to find things that are actually different from the currently available skis. There aren't that many standouts right now. There is a ton of overlap between brands and shapes - most of the ~20m radius skis that are common daily drivers at the resorts are full of compromises. That's fine for most conditions, or at least the marketing says it is.

A pair of HLs are in my future for next season - the toughest part is deciding which ones.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I wanted, basically, a Thirteen with a slightly easier tail (read: some tail rise)
    Thanks. Probably going to pm you at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post

A pair of HLs are in my future for next season - the toughest part is deciding which ones.
    I think I'm in the same boat...This first lineup covers a lot and offers the types of skis that I've missed the last few years. I've got a move coming up which will impact how and where I ski. Once that's finalized I hope to support this project for 23/24. C113 or C132 is what I'm hoping for. I showed my wife some pics people have been posting of there HL skis last night. Her quote was "those look fucking sweet"