Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    My first day out i got through the approach hike, realized how deep it was and began thinking how much I regretted not hauling them in there- first thing when I get off work is to get them in service for the year! Lots of “floatection” there for early season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

What skins y'all using on the 190s?
    Looking at POMOCA free pro v.2, contemplating whether the L size will fit. Its rated as 175 - 190 cm, but considering the shape of the tips they might be ok?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_1813_skin_matrix_image_fullscreen.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	831.8 KB 
ID:	477603

I went with the xl and they fit great. Really enjoying the free pro 2 on big skis as well.

Free Pro 2.0 for sure! XL as well for me.

Gravity always wins...

Cheers lads. If anyone can be bothered to snap a photo or two of the XL fit, I will be forever indebted

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Black and yellow with a bit of white writing.
    Box states: E.FKS 180 PRO
    Also that I should ski them like it's 1999.
    DATE 22/03/1999

Looks like FKS180 / Pivot 18 with different toes.
    Brake assembly looks the same and I have a new wide brake assembly ready to go.
    They even have the factory included whippet of lithium grease.
    That's the Geze toe that Rossignol once used when they first got in the binding game.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    That's the Geze toe that Rossignol once used when they first got in the binding game.
    I thought Geze toes were three screws?
    This one has the same four screw mounting pattern as FKS/Pivot.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    I thought Geze toes were three screws?
    This one has the same four screw mounting pattern as FKS/Pivot.
    I don't exactly remember the timing of everything, but IIRC the OG Geze was three hole, with a forward center screw and two rearward holes that line up with modern pivots. Similarly, the OG Look 3 hole had two forward holes that line up with Modern pivots and the center rearward hole. Then when Geze, Rossi FKS, Pivots merged, they kept the holes than now line up with modern pivots, and the Geze brand was phased out when Rossi moved the FKS to the modern toe aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    What skins y'all using on the 190s?
    Looking at POMOCA free pro v.2, contemplating whether the L size will fit. Its rated as 175 - 190 cm, but considering the shape of the tips they might be ok?

Name:	thumb_1813_skin_matrix_image_fullscreen.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	831.8 KB 
ID:	477603
    I'm just dealing this. You will NOT be OK with the L.

Normally, an L would work on a 190, but given the significant rocker on these the running length is far longer. You'll NEED the XL.

I was literally about to email Marshal about this as it might be worth posting a note on the website for the C132s.

Cheers lads. If anyone can be bothered to snap a photo or two of the XL fit, I will be forever indebted
    I can do that for you when my XLs arrive. That said, you simply NEED the XL. It's not a question of choose a L stretched to the max or an XL with excess room. The L is short by several centimeters — even the excess tail (beyond what the plastic clip holds onto) does not get near the end of the ski.

Found this out last night.

Yes, just confirming that the C132 is a 191.5cm straight tape pull, and 192.5cm material length.
    190cm max length skins go up to 190cm material length.

Please also note that I recommend a 95mm tip buckle on the 132.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can anyone compare the C132 to the Praxis Protest (my current pow touring stick) or DPS Spoon? Would love some insight or comparisons…

Use would be touring on a pin binding in the Tahoe Sierra.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    I can do that for you when my XLs arrive. That said, you simply NEED the XL. It's not a question of choose a L stretched to the max or an XL with excess room. The L is short by several centimeters — even the excess tail (beyond what the plastic clip holds onto) does not get near the end of the ski.

Found this out last night.
    Thanks a bunch man. Just read Pomocas reply to my email, suggesting the XL as well. That seals it then - XL it is.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Can anyone compare the C132 to the Praxis Protest (my current pow touring stick) or DPS Spoon? Would love some insight or comparisons…

Use would be touring on a pin binding in the Tahoe Sierra.
    Protests get knocked around less in tracked out snow and generally feel more secure on exit tracks with the tiny bit of sidecut and camber. C132 is more drifty (think long slarvy turns), easier to pivot, and also stays on top of upside down and or crusts better.

In my opinion the C132 or Lotus is the perfect westshore deep day ski.
    Last edited by GoSlowGoFar; 11-30-2023 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Yes, just confirming that the C132 is a 191.5cm straight tape pull, and 192.5cm material length.
    190cm max length skins go up to 190cm material length.

Please also note that I recommend a 95mm tip buckle on the 132.
    I'm a dumbass.... I remembered 192, but then the other day I just checked the model name (200 & 190). I didn't look back at the specs and thought "oh, it was the Lotus 192 that I'm probably remembering."

Facepalm.

Thanks a bunch man. Just read Pomocas reply to my email, suggesting the XL as well. That seals it then - XL it is.
    It ain't a suggestion. L has no chance of working.

OMG OMG OMG OMG

Good god are these pretty.

Look at that refinement and perfect finish!

A mag who shall remain nameless - unless s/he chooses to reveal herhimself - offered these up to me. Of course, being the slut for sticks that I am, gobbled it right down as soon as it was dangled in front of me. THANKS for furthering my sluttery!!!!

Too bad we have a 5% snowpack here in the Tahoe Sierra right now. Maybe these things will attract pow like magnets???
    sproing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sproing!

S-E-X

Welcome to the club, Meter-Man. The snow gods will reward you in short order.

OMG OMG OMG OMG

Good god are these pretty.

Look at that refinement and perfect finish!

A mag who shall remain nameless - unless s/he chooses to reveal herhimself - offered these up to me. Of course, being the slut for sticks that I am, gobbled it right down as soon as it was dangled in front of me. THANKS for furthering my sluttery!!!!

Too bad we have a 5% snowpack here in the Tahoe Sierra right now. Maybe these things will attract pow like magnets???
    sproing!

Those look awesome with the little ATKs!

If it ever snows in Tahoe let's go for a C132 tour, meter-man

Name:	PXL_20230227_001526627.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	478539

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Return of the R/R - Heritage Lab 132 - Dedicated Thread

Thanks, MO. Stoked out of my gourd - thanks for actualizing this dream!

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Those look awesome with the little ATKs!

If it ever snows in Tahoe let's go for a C132 tour, meter-man
    Hell yeah. Does soulskier have pins on his? We can have a little 132 party in Tahoe…

sproing!

Thanks, MO. Stoked out of my gourd - thanks for actualizing this dream!

Hell yeah. Does soulskier have pins on his? We can have a little 132 party in Tahoe…

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 8.20.45 PM.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	653.3 KB 
ID:	479297

Just switched them over from pivots this week. Nuts to have a ski this big weigh 2250g with bindings I trust to ski hard.

I'd be stoked on a 132 party on a super deep westshore day, now we just need it to actually snow!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Just wanted to say I enjoy these in the open, but really can’t believe how hard they shred trees. Unreal, even if it’s all just in my head and looks like normal skiing to everyone else.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Just wanted to say I enjoy these in the open, but really can’t believe how hard they shred trees. Unreal, even if it’s all just in my head and looks like normal skiing to everyone else.

love it man!

I definitely find myself carrying way more speed, in way tighter tree-hallways, than my “normal ski” armed compatriots. So fun.

We just had a great day up hwy 2 in central WA. Extremely windy with 15” new snow. I spent the morning on a traditional shape with a 118 waist, because it has resort bindings, but in the back of my mind i kept wondering how I might like the 132’s. Occasionally I went over the bars or felt that i was tail gunning to keep speed. After my pals called it a day I grabbed the C132’s from the truck, put on some classical piano tunes and blew my freakin mind- definitely should have been using them all day, regardless of pin bindings. Absolutely incredible- virtually no effort required, and if I had to describe the best technique it seemed something like “think about it less”. Just point em and change direction whenever you feel like it. I can’t even imagine what a heavy core 200cm pair would be like. Thank you Marshal!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Worth considering taking these to a yurt? I'm just worried how the r/r shape will do on the 4.5 mile cross country exit

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I’d say if you have glidey skins, go for it! If snow quality was decent they would be a hoot. Especially if you’re taking your SO, and not in a huge rush or trying to be a skimo vert nerd….

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...