Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’m having a hard time
    Not speculating how much fun I’d have on some C132’s set up with really tiny bindings….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Hey Riff,

You can try mine when you make it up here to the Methow. I'll have alpinists on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Hey Riff,

You can try mine when you make it up here to the Methow. I'll have alpinists on them.
    What length did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by ASP View Post
    I saw the note that says "production is now locked on these skis" and assumed that meant no more orders. Am I wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I saw the note that says "production is now locked on these skis" and assumed that meant no more orders. Am I wrong?

Not quite, Marshal ordered a few more pairs than what was pre-ordered so there are still some available. If you can order and pay online then they are available! I just ordered a pair of AM99s as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Yes, exactly, there are a couple extra pairs available of many models. If its in stock, I have an extra for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    What length did you get?
    190's for my chubby little legs. You're welcome to give them a try as well. Could bring them down to Wenatchee or Mission sometime. I'm going to be using the shit out of them as soon as they get here.

I'm going to be using the shit out of them as soon as they get here.
    Bated breath, man.

I bailed down to the 190cm upon considering arboreal proclivities.

Quitter, staying the course with my 200s hahahah

yehhhh well if I ever skied wide open pow I'd have stayed the course. The lighter weight and (expected) slightly better behavior in trees and on skintrack led me to downsize. Oh and my svelte azz and gentle touch. Not like the 190 is small, tho

Hahahaha, totally, just giving ya shit! Mentally I’m still on the fence.

The correct answer is both the 190 & 200

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    The correct answer is both the 190 & 200
    I'll need help justifying more skis in the 130+ category to the significant other, though the past 2 weeks in UT have been a good use case for having a quiver of full R/R skis. How many skis in the 132-138 range is acceptable?

Biggest question I have for you is how do you adjust your skiing style to drive skis this big with 1000g boots? I'm in dobermans for an inbounds boot and love the flex, lean, and weight to drive big skis, but when I'm touring in scarpa maestrales they feel a bit vague as i'm so accustomed to the preciseness of a race boot inbounds.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Quick question — I'm getting closer to placing an order. You wrote in the first post +/- 1,950g/ski, and sounds like you may have gotten your sample above @ 1,950.

When I went back on the website I noticed it says "Target weight 2075g at 190cm." Is that old info?

May not matter to most, but I'm 100% human-powered so want to know what I'm getting.

Seems like many production samples I've seen/prototypes often come in heavier in the production versions (K2 Dispatch comes to mind).

Thanks!!
    Bump for this query: have you measured a production model MO?
    sproing!

Yes, thanks for re-posting that, sorry to have missed it before.
    2075g is old and needs to be edited on the site.
    the verified weight for my pair here is ~1950g +/-
    This skis is not changed at all for production.

Oh outstanding Lord Thomas! I bet they deliver

Gravity always wins...

Ok…

so first, boot pic.

Then a little backstory. I spent a year on Alien 1.0s (only), and they were great, but I broke them numerous times. Then I spent 2 years on Fischer Travers Carbons, and once dialed in, they were great too, but they didn't ski any better than the Alien, and toured worse. I then experimented with the Hoji and F1 LT the last 2 seasons before landing on this La Sportiva setup.

FWIW, I run a very different setup between boots. The bigger boot (1500g) has way more forward lean (17deg + 10mm spoiler vs 14deg + 6mm spoiler), and I like 2-5mm binding delta with them. The big boot's zeppa is nearly flat -- more like an alpine race boot (I also ski in Dobermans). This particular boot, as setup, is probably like an 8 flex Full Tilt give or take.

Conversely, I run the light buddies much more upright in the cuff for two reasons... firstly there is noticably more heel lift in the boot itself so I like to run 0-2mm of delta to generally keep everthing with ME inline onsnow. And secondly, while the cuff is much stiffer than a grilamid/pebax upper, they are still quite soft, and all the flex is in the lower, so essentially, I ski flexed into the boot - my stance is the same, I am just 1/2 way into the boots flex pattern. This really helps "preload" the boot and gives more control overall. The light boots are also much more form fitting and anatomical, so the fit itself is much more similar to my Dobermans than my bigger boot is -- which really helps.

I get some people don't notice low friction ROM of the little boots, but it makes a big difference for me, as I have limited time to ski each day, and try to keep my heart rate near threshold while touring as that is how I ride MTBs in the summer too.

But the thing is, I really only ski the little boots when the snow is CONSISTENT. Doesn't need to be blower, but not pockets of windblown, breakable crust, sun-effected, etc. When the snow is NOT consistent, its kinda hard to maintain my stance, I get tossed fore/aft alot, and the boot really starts to struggle for my large bones and meathead-i-tude... and the bigger boot powers through more like a normal alpine boot.

So... conclusion...
    I love the little boots for the times they are good at what they do, but thats about 50% of the time I go out... So I am just sucking up owning 2 boots until Benneke can talk me into PG Mountains... haha.

but, at least for me, the little boot pairs super well with my c132 and some 85-88mm skinny sticks I am messing around with… and the big boot will pair perfectly to the c113 bc daily driver.

and yes… owning 2 nice touring boots is ridiculous, but what the hell. Life’s short.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E916C743-5B6F-4C25-A463-94EF474D09E9.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	448.8 KB 
ID:	441116  
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 01-03-2023 at 09:31 PM.

190's for my chubby little legs. You're welcome to give them a try as well. Could bring them down to Wenatchee or Mission sometime. I'm going to be using the shit out of them as soon as they get here.
    Put me on the demo list too T! You've got some great options for getting them out this year.

Yes, thanks for re-posting that, sorry to have missed it before.
    2075g is old and needs to be edited on the site.
    the verified weight for my pair here is ~1950g +/-
    This skis is not changed at all for production.
    Wow. Impressive. Thanks for the reply!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Put me on the demo list too T! You've got some great options for getting them out this year.
    John, we should talk soon about getting out. We also have some very similar demo options for your wife too. I think somebody should get me a long track for the heel since I don't think everyone's boots are going to fit in the 301-316 bsl window. Down the road I might also put insert in for KP's too.
    Last edited by Lord Thomas; 01-04-2023 at 08:57 AM.

Don’t feel bad Marshall, I’ve got four pairs of touring boots, all between 1000 and 1400 grams…..

Gravity always wins...

and yes… owning 2 nice touring boots is ridiculous, but what the hell. Life’s short.
    You're right, owning 2 pairs of touring boots when you ski almost every day is ridiculous.. its simply not enough! I own 2 pairs of original Skorpius (backup pair since they changed the design), Hawx XTD, and PG Mountains and have my eye on a 5th pair. I think I'm right in the sweet spot

I'll have alpinists on them.
    Ah, missed this earlier. You decided!

I'm doing Trab toes with Haute Route heels and a freeride spacer. If the retention of the 10 din heel doesn't cut it, then change to SSL2.0 heel.

Gah, the waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Gah, the waiting!
    Is the hardest part….

I’ve got a backup pair of skorps too, benneke!

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Ah, missed this earlier. You decided!

I'm doing Trab toes with Haute Route heels and a freeride spacer. If the retention of the 10 din heel doesn't cut it, then change to SSL2.0 heel.

Gah, the waiting!
    Yep. For several reasons I decided to go with alpenists. They should be here in a couple of days. Also new contour mohair skins waiting to get the knife as soon as the skis arrive.

In the meantime I check this thread every 4 minutes waiting..............waiting..............waiting for Marshal to ring the bell and let us know that they are on the way. Fucking can't wait much more!