RIP Christine McVie

Sad to hear this. She was the best piece of Fleetwood Mac. Thanks for all the great music.

That sucks

my favorite Mac as well. here's an interesting bit from her NYT obit:

Ms. McVie’s commercial potency, which hit a high point in the 1970s and ’80s, was on full display on Fleetwood Mac’s “Greatest Hits” anthology, released in 1988, which sold eight million copies: She either wrote or co-wrote half of its 16 tracks. Her tally doubled that of the next most prolific member of the band’s trio of singer-songwriters, Stevie Nicks. (The third, Lindsay Buckingham, scored three major Billboard chart-makers on that collection.)

Oooo Nooooo, that is horrible news. I was never a FM fan once the dynamic duo joined the band, but prior to 1975 I loved that band and have many fond memories of their shows. Christine was always so good. I guess I will que up Bare Trees and start drinking, maybe eat a gummy to her and all the great memories she was a part of. RIP Christine. You will be missed, but enjoy the Sunny side of Heaven.
    Last edited by liv2ski; 11-30-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

RIP. Big Fleetwood Mac fan and appreciated that her songs on Mirage gave the album some substance behind Gypsy.

I like that Pollard chose Everywhere for the Crystal segment of Nimbus Cascadia. Unexpected track, but a great choice for those guys scoring Crystal on a pow day

https://www.newschoolers.com/videos/...Route-Cascadia

I never liked her voice, but I respected her talent as a musician and songwriter. RIP.

Thank you for the music. Saw FW for the Rumors tour, Nicks voice was shot so Buckingham and McVie carried the show and it was great.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Her maiden name was Christine Perfect.

Name:  card04.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  73.6 KB

Her brother?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Wow, bummed to hear this. Was lucky enough to see them in 2014 with Christine back in the band. Always loved her presence and the songs that featured her.

((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

RIP:

Sweet wonderful you
    You make me happy with the things you do
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I had the hots for her. Back in the day I was telling my cousin, who was well connected in the entertainment industry. She said, "Would you like to meet her?" Uh, no. I wouldn't have anything to say to her. I'd just stand there like a carrot. Stupid me. I guess I could have asked her to spare me a little.

((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Damn. One of my favorite bands back in the day. Helluva live show.
    Bye Christine.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

A great voice that can never be repeated. Of all the songs from my childhood and FM, hers stood out and were my favorite. So much better than Sheepy Nicks.

Agreed Jax.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I was a bit young during their heyday, never forget my silent gen/older boomer parents going to one of their concerts in Vancouver I think in 77 (or maybe the 75 tour?) cause they liked their music. My father ended up putting a chewed up cig pack wrapper in his ears cause the music was too loud, and both were so disappointed when Stevie fell off the stage into the crowd cause she was so wasted.

I have always enjoyed FM’s music and Christine’s contributions were not the least part of that enjoyment. Thanks for the memories Mrs McVie.