Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: No more LSAT

what was Perry Mason's LSAT score ?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

BTW, anyone old enough to remember the old TV show, The Paper Chase, set at Harvard Law?

The main character, Hart, was reminded in one episode by gruff Professor Kingsfield that one of the factors for him to get into Harvard may have been that he came from a rural background (he was white in the show).
    I was reading the other day how "geographic diversity" may have started as a way for east-coast elite schools to dilute Jewish attendance (bring in more rural midwestern wasps vs local big city kids)

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    To me, the most interesting legal trend in ski-adjacent lawyering land is that large regional firms are moving into places like Idaho, Nevada, and Montana and totally fucking up the market for the legacy firms in those places. For example, when I graduated law school, the (perceived) "best" Montana-based firms in places like Missoula and Bozeman didn't pay that well, and still don't--like $65-70k right now for first-year associates. But now the bigger firms have moved in and are paying first-year associates $160k, for essentially the same billable hour requirements. Interesting times, indeed.
    Heh. My ex-BIL was with Browning Kalazac (sp?) last time I saw him. He is a douche, so I hope he gets fucked over by this new trend. Heard he knocked up one of their receptionists, not sure if true. He skis at Discovery.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ha, nice. You would think lawyers, of all people, would know better than to dip their pen in the company inkwell but I have heard so many contrary examples, it's mind-boggling.

Ha, nice. You would think lawyers, of all people, would know better than to dip their pen in the company inkwell but I have heard so many contrary examples, it's mind-boggling.
    At my prior firm, lots of late nights in war rooms trying to drag deals to close lead to no shortage of stressed out young attorneys looking to bang it out. It's tradition.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    At my prior firm, lots of late nights in war rooms trying to drag deals to close lead to no shortage of stressed out young attorneys looking to bang it out. It's tradition.
    Oh yeah, no issues with associates shagging, but partners banging the hourly help? Bad idea. Probably.

Oh yeah, no issues with associates shagging, but partners banging the hourly help? Bad idea. Probably.
    Probably.

But then I just remembered one of my partners is married to his paralegal. Granted she quit when they started dating 20 years ago but hey.

holy shit how many lawyers do we have in here? I thought this was a board for dentists

When I started, back in the day, the firm had a kegerator and the attorneys were all banging the staff. We’d drink every Friday at the firm then go out. I had the “good sense” to wait until my next job to date a staffer from my old job.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    So what makes a good lawyer?
    No signs of life?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    holy shit how many lawyers do we have in here? I thought this was a board for dentists
    I know

I mean I don't really work or have a job so I get why I post here all day but all these lawyers fuckin off and posting here when you think there busting balls all day leaves me confused

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    wondering the same, i guess its easy for them to follow TGR at work, essentially double billing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I know

I mean I don't really work or have a job so I get why I post here all day but all these lawyers fuckin off and posting here when you think there busting balls all day leaves me confused
    Never not working Fred.

In fact, I’m billing for this response right now.

you charge by the word like ol' charlie dickens too?

Well shit, there goes my potential future of going to law school. I aced the LSAT and got huge scholarship offers from high-ranked schools for it, even though my undergrad GPA was under a 3.0 but decided last-minute not to go. It's always been on my list of things I'd still like to do though.

If anything, I think they should have dropped the undergrad GPA requirement. No matter how well you've done in subsequent Bachelor's or Master's programs, the LSAC always uses your first undergrad degree GPA. So you could have partied too hard when you were 18-21 and barely made it out of undergrad, but then worked 10 years in a field and excelled, then taken a Master's and graduated with all the honors and a 4.0, and the LSAC will still take your undergrad GPA.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    you charge by the word like ol' charlie dickens too?
    Shit, I’d much rather be in Charles’ line of work, or Wes Anderson’s. In the words of Max Fisher, “I wrote a hit play, what did you ever do?”

And don’t anyone be too impressed by the number of dentists posting here. If anything, I’ve found dentists to be well versed in extreme multitasking. Shit, I w got a tv on the wall, sportstalk streaming, and 3 widescreen monitors going on top of the phone(s). Pecking some drivel on the blue screen TRG is no more time consuming than walking down to the lounge to see if anyones drinking yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I know

I was shocked at Skadden NYC when a few associates asked me to go to a noon matinee movie.
    Two hours. Mid work day.

And yet they billed 2,900 hours

Never not working Fred.

In fact, I’m billing for this response right now.
    just send the bill through mtm's firm in located in that shit hole stripmall truck stop they call vail
    sometimes he gets paid if I think he did a good job
    other times he gets paid with breckenridge bourbon and a suitcase of coors
    then there are times I dispute the charges
    you for one have put many many billable hours into this place so the invoice may be payable

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I was shocked at Skadden NYC when a few associates asked me to go to a noon matinee movie.
    Two hours. Mid work day.

And yet they billed 2,900 hours
    Never know what’s helpful! I once used part of My Cousin Vinny as a training video.

Name:  Image1670010817.635642.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  43.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Name:  Image1670010817.635642.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  43.6 KB

Blue Screen Business Development

Lee Lau & L Hutz would joke about triple billing but I don't think they were kidding
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Blue Screen Business Development
    UTBMS P280 no doubt. This sounds like a “project” and it appears to be most firmly and more specifically “other.”

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Lee Lau & L Hutz would joke about triple billing but I don't think they were kidding
    I confess to double billing. Billing on a plane flight. Then billing for the work you did for another client.