Should I add early rise to my Scott P4s?

Just saw a post for some P4s for sale, and it got me thinking about my pair. I loved them when they came out, but I haven't used them much since discovering skis with more forgiving tip rise. The traditional camber of the P4s just make them hard to keep afloat in anything soft (at least with my shit technique). I'm now considering adding some early rise by clamping something between the tips to see if I can make them into a more-forgiving charger. Nothing crazy, just a few CMs of rise to the tips, moving the forward contact point back a bit.

Any opinions on whether this is a good or terrible idea? I'm more than a little afraid that this is a terrible idea I'll very quickly regret... Any best practices to follow? This is the first time I'll try intentionally reshaping the rocker profile of a ski. I'm hoping to do it with a long clamping period and no heat, but may have to resort to the heat gun if they don't hold the form.

Subscribed

The P4's have a pretty forgiving tip that should plane up just fine. A little bit of early rise isn't going to change much of anything. If you're having tip diving issues, moving the mount back 1-2cms is a lot easier than destroying the ski via diy rockering techniques.

If you’re thinking about doing that, I would try it on something else first.
    I had a pair of 190 NinthwardNGPs that were rockered in the home rocker thread (I think) and they were awesome. I didn’t ski them before, and only did it because they were stupid cheap.
    I would look at remounting back a bit first.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Thanks, all. Toast's comment about mount point is where I should have started, but didn't think to look at that. The tip is indeed forgiving, but I think it has trouble floating given how small the shovel is... they have the same surface area as my Volkl BMT 90s, which are much narrower at the waist. I searched for other threads on the P4 mount point, and most recommended going -1 or -2. Mine are mounted on the line, so that's probably the issue. I'll start by moving the mount point back and see what that does. Just wish I'd mounted them with demo bindings....