Help me fix my quiver

I need some ski advice because I am starting to have quite a few pairs and there is way too much overlap but nothing is perfect. Here is my setup.

183 Volkyl Gotamas (2006 maybe) with marker griffons. Bought these from a friend for 100 bucks for patrolling. Really awesome ski but a bit short. My main ski on non-powder days but they are super old and beat up.
    183 Black Crow Corvus Freebirds (2017ish) with Kingpins. These things surprisingly rip groomers super hard. Decent in non-variable powder. Beat to absolute shit.
    184 Moment deathwish with dynafit rotation 14s. I want to love these but I despise the bindings. They were decent for the couple of tours I did but did not trust the bindings in bounds. I was thinking of maybe putting pivots on them?
    190 Moment Bibby with shifts. My go to powder ski, unfortunately I do a lot of rock skiing and not big bowl skiing anymore. I don't think I would ever tour on these with the black crows or moments so I am not sure why there are shifts on them.

What is the easiest way to fix my shit? Put the shifts on the deathwishes? Buy pivots for the deathwishes? Get rid of the deathwishes because they overlap too much with the bibbys? I am heavily lacking an inbound ski in the 95-105 range.

Even though 112 is a bit big for everday skiing I think I would like the deathwish with better bindings on them. My go to ski for the last 10 years were 116 bibbys but the 190 and 118 underfoot of the new ones makes them much less playful.

Throw cast on your deathwish and ski hard every day. If you still aren't happy talk to a shrink.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yeah seems like I should move the shifts or kingpins to the deathwishes. Not sure how much I trust the kingpins though, but I have had prerelease issues with the shifts too.

Maybe I should see a shrink.

Your problem is obvious.

4 skis is not enough.

For inbounds 95 I demo’d the enforcer 94 last year and was blown away by how much fun they were.
    FYI above and below 95 they are different skis.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Yeah seems like I should move the shifts or kingpins to the deathwishes. Not sure how much I trust the kingpins though, but I have had prerelease issues with the shifts too.

Maybe I should see a shrink.
    Cast .

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Where do you ski, how much do you tour, how many days do you ski?

I'd agree with Vic on "50/50" setups, Cast>Duke PT>Shift
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Where do you ski, how much do you tour, how many days do you ski?

I'd agree with Vic on "50/50" setups, Cast>Duke PT>Shift
    Northern rockies. I ski about 50% in bounds and 50% backcountry. Lots of crawling around deadfall and below treeline missions. Lots of rocks, and variable snow. I am thinking I will get pivots for the deathwishes, and move the rotations to the black crows. Still makes my wildcats a bit redundant.

Also, does anyone know how to remove dynafit rotation heel turrets?

Fully unscrew the din screw.

Be careful screwing it back in. The plastic strips easily.

When you say put pivots on, you mean CASTified pivots right?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

https://www.wildsnow.com/15074/dynaf...ng-take-apart/

It's been a minute since I've taken a pair of radicals apart, but it was very similar to verticals, from what I recall.

There is a good chance your top plate screws may be broken if you have heel pin play like you described in another thread.

cool skis but all poorly thought out. Curious - why don't you tour on the bibby's in soft snow?

You have two hybrid bindings, four skis and zero skis that are perfect for a single thing. Take the conditions you ski most and prioritize optimizing for those. Then continue based on descending frequency.

You don't talk about boots but let's assume you have a touring boot and a downhill boot. If not, start there. Then get a set of pivots and put them on the ski you want to ski inbounds most. If that's your bibbys, great. If not, get longer deathwishes.

Sell your kingpins and get alpinists. They use the same toe holes and don't explode.

The rotations are not the best touring binding but not worth more holes in your skis unless you want to go super light - like 175s or something like that.

You want a 190 deathwish not a 184

Old gotamas are actually fun af. Too bad they have markers on them but don't spend money on replacing. Ski them til the markers break.

Don't put more holes in good skis (bibbys, dw, corvus) for shitty bindings. Re-jiggering your current quiver will just do that. Buy good dedicated downhill and touring bindings

I’d keep the kingpins on the Corvus freebirds for release value when skiing where you say you ski back country. Alpinists suck on that ski at that weight. Been there done that.

Put pivots on the bibby and the deathwish, I’d quiver kill them and use the same clamps.

Use the gotama as a rock ski and pick up something in the 100 waist area for a DD. Like a Mantra or something that likes harder snow, as you have soft snow covered.

sell the shifts and the rotations. Neither of those are good at much that you desire with your given skis.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    cool skis but all poorly thought out. Curious - why don't you tour on the bibby's in soft snow?

You have two hybrid bindings, four skis and zero skis that are perfect for a single thing. Take the conditions you ski most and prioritize optimizing for those. Then continue based on descending frequency.

You don't talk about boots but let's assume you have a touring boot and a downhill boot. If not, start there. Then get a set of pivots and put them on the ski you want to ski inbounds most. If that's your bibbys, great. If not, get longer deathwishes.

Sell your kingpins and get alpinists. They use the same toe holes and don't explode.

The rotations are not the best touring binding but not worth more holes in your skis unless you want to go super light - like 175s or something like that.

You want a 190 deathwish not a 184

Old gotamas are actually fun af. Too bad they have markers on them but don't spend money on replacing. Ski them til the markers break.

Don't put more holes in good skis (bibbys, dw, corvus) for shitty bindings. Re-jiggering your current quiver will just do that. Buy good dedicated downhill and touring bindings
    Honestly, I am not touring in super deep snow and the Corvus are way lighter and faster.

I am using dalbello lupo factories for everything. Nobody can do a good punch around here so finding boots isn’t fun.

I am thinking having shorter death wishes and longer wildcats might actually be the better play. I ordered pivots for the deathwishes.

This is what happens when you buy used gear from mags that are good deals hah.

I think I ideally would want a light touring ski, maybe around 100 width, with light pin bindings. Something stable and jibby for crud and soft snow, and a big powder ski, with one of the last two being able to be tourable if needed on very deep days. Sounds look a good plan is to put pivots on the deathwishes, keep the wildcats as is, sell the corvus, kingpins, and rotations and buy something skinnier/lighter for touring.
    Last edited by toastybroski; 11-29-2022 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I’d keep the kingpins on the Corvus freebirds for release value when skiing where you say you ski back country. Alpinists suck on that ski at that weight. Been there done that.

Put pivots on the bibby and the deathwish, I’d quiver kill them and use the same clamps.

Use the gotama as a rock ski and pick up something in the 100 waist area for a DD. Like a Mantra or something that likes harder snow, as you have soft snow covered.

sell the shifts and the rotations. Neither of those are good at much that you desire with your given skis.
    Do you see a spot for 184 deathwishes as a soft snow daily and the wildcats for deep snow or too much overlap? I have one pair of pivot 15s on the way.

Pivots on the bibbys

Sell everything but your shifts

Put shifts on a Sakana

Same concept as this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEqIqwq6TO0

They spin around all day but wont lift off.

Same concept as this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEqIqwq6TO0

They spin around all day but wont lift off.
    Did you remove the cap after removing the springs?

Did you remove the cap after removing the springs?
    Yes there seems to be lugs on the base of the extra turrets I have but I tried pulling them out at various degrees of rotation.

Do you see a spot for 184 deathwishes as a soft snow daily and the wildcats for deep snow or too much overlap? I have one pair of pivot 15s on the way.

yes. I see a soft snow spot, but who cares if they overlap. They both have strong suits. Like shitty snow for the deathwish. Wildcat is a little more fun. I wouldn’t be ashamed to own both. I think your three widest are great. You are only lacking a DD. But definitely dump the rotations and the shifts.

id honestly quiver kill everything for the griffons you are running. But I like markers.

I dig the DW as a daily. It’s a fat all mtn ski that floats great. Knowing you’ll ski the bibby less…I’d pivot the DW and leave the shifts on the bibby.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?