Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PSA: Superior Fleece Sale Now

Just a heads up that Superior Fleece is taking orders for a short time this morning so that they can ship everything from this round before Christmas. These guys make naked polartec alpha hoodies as well as some other fabrics. I just ordered the high loft wool cuz I dig my alpha 120 hoodie so much.

www.superiorfleece.com
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

just missed out, seems like everything is sold out. If anbody happens to be selling a brule men's M let me know haha :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. It strikes me as an interesting business strategy... but if it works it works, I suppose.

Sale starts at 9am central if anyone is in the market. Fwiw, the high loft with wool (Amnicon) is heavier than the alpha 120 (Brule) for sure but it's super soft against the skin and has plenty of loft.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Thanks for the tip, sent me down the fleece fabric rabbit hole and came out just in time to score a brule, solid deal.

Thanks - just ordered an Amnicon hoodie. Been looking for something along these lines.

Sold out, does that mean I’m too late?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got mine yesterday. Super nice and way cheaper than something like a Melanzana.

Can anyone speak to relative fit of these vs. other brands? I tried the lay-flat measurement on some of my current sweatshirts and their listed small seems huge (bigger than a medium Patagonia Capilene Air by a few inches in every dimension)... but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    Can anyone speak to relative fit of these vs. other brands? I tried the lay-flat measurement on some of my current sweatshirts and their listed small seems huge (bigger than a medium Patagonia Capilene Air by a few inches in every dimension)... but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    They are indeed roomy compared to Patagonia. I'm 5'9"/135lbs, my small R1 (which is 8-10 years old) is essentially skintight, and my small Brule fits more like a casual sweater. The Brule is not so roomy that it doesn't layer under other things well, but it's definitely not a skintight fit. The torso and arm length is about the same as my R1.

That said, I'm happy with the sizing. Polartec Air doesn't stretch very much, so a really tight fit would suck. I haven't worn my Brule for sports yet (way too warm for that in WA), but if I were to use it as a ski layer, my main concern would be the relatively loose hood not playing well with a helmet, and I guess I'd worry about durability around packs and trees and rocks. No issues wearing it around town yet, though.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

It's a somewhat loose, straight cut with longer than average arms and torso. Perhaps a half size larger than many of the popular outdoor brands. I'm between a medium and a large in a lot of stuff at 6' 175# with a +2 ape index so I got the large in both the ones I ordered but could probably have gotten into mediums if I'd wanted something more trim and fitted.

In case anyone is interested it looks like the next sale starts in about 20 minutes at 8am mountain time

Website says hoodies are sold out still... do you know got this works?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jakezee View Post
    Website says hoodies are sold out still... do you know got this works?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Their FB says they were open from 9am-10am Central. Guess I'll have wait for next month :/

Just got an email that they're gonna open for orders from 8-9am mountain time this morning. 120 weight Brule hoodie is still tits

Heads up that they're gonna take orders for an hour or so on Monday morning starting at 9am central

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Heads up that they're gonna take orders for an hour or so on Monday morning starting at 9am central
    How do you like the high loft wool? I love my mango brule and thinking of getting a gift for the dad

Been toying around with an order myself. Whats the preferred model?

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    How do you like the high loft wool? I love my mango brule and thinking of getting a gift for the dad
    It's mighty comfortable against the skin so I wear it more than the plain alpha one. But it's a good bit heavier and it still has virtually 0 wind resistance so you could prolly argue it's less versatile Even tho it's warmer. I've washed and dried it multiple times with no ill effects.

My summer summit kit has the alpha 120 hoodie and a 5oz gore shell. It's stupid light and has a huge comfort range with a long sleeve base layer top.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    My summer summit kit has the alpha 120 hoodie and a 5oz gore shell. It's stupid light and has a huge comfort range with a long sleeve base layer top.
    I have a 120 hoodie (not from them), that when paired with my FRS vest is just perfect. So blown away at how the warmth to weight ratio is on the fleece, but you do have to add on for wind. Obviously it breaths very well, and weighs practically nothing.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thanks for bumping this. I was curious about their stuff last time and have a need for a good hooded base layer after retiring a couple this season.

Thinking of a Brule in the 120 for those cold but active days as a base layer. Seems like a few of you have them, I am 6' 175lbs and thinking medium based on the measurements.

have a similar 120 piece (rab alpha flash) and big fan, very versatile piece under a shell or for active use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for a 120 brule for me and a high loft wool for my wife.

Wish more of these producers would offer a no-hood option. My hoodless 1/2 zip R1 is still my go-to layering piece for most winter things as I just don't want another hood in the mix (hooded shell, hooded puffy, etc.)

I bought an Amnicon hoody last year and it's hands down the most comfortable thing I've ever owned. 6'3"/200lbs... size large has room to spare. Definitely not an athletic or slim cut.

Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    I bought an Amnicon hoody last year and it's hands down the most comfortable thing I've ever owned. 6'3"/200lbs... size large has room to spare. Definitely not an athletic or slim cut.
    I ended up going with an Amnicon high loft after looking through my layers. I had a big need for a really warm base layer and I think this will do the job.

A no hood option might be nice but I like going hood on base layer, no hood on midlayer (wind-breaking vest or fleece), and hood on shell/insulating layer so these were perfect.