Thread: BCA E2 35

BCA E2 35

Has anyone had the opportunity to actually use or inspect the BCA E2?

I’m interested in the E2 35 but I’m curious if it’s as functional as BCA suggests

Opinions/thoughts?

I’m looking for a non-canister pack

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge...

Necrobump - did anyone every get this pack?

No. It’s still available
    Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge...

I'm a fan, although only limited use so far (a few day trips). Very comfortable and feels much lighter than my previous BCA 1.0 pack. The Stash pocket is great for skins and a nalgene. Anything in particular you're curious about?

Quote Originally Posted by wkndwarrior View Post
    I'm a fan, although only limited use so far (a few day trips). Very comfortable and feels much lighter than my previous BCA 1.0 pack. The Stash pocket is great for skins and a nalgene. Anything in particular you're curious about?
    Pretty much that: is it a good and well made pack that some people like, or does it have glaring issues. It’s new enough that there is little info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Pretty much that: is it a good and well made pack that some people like, or does it have glaring issues. It’s new enough that there is little info about it.
    I don't have any complaints... taking it for a tour-heavy trip to Japan in a few weeks and will report back once I have some more extended use but seems very solid.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback

Good to hear. I've been debating on the 35/45L or the Scott Patrol E2 38. Haven't been able to find anything on the Scott so may just have to go with BCA!

The scott packs are significantly more "tall and thin" profile while the BCA are shorter and wider. I own a Scott E1 40 and have tried on both the newer scott and the BCA. BCA definitely feels more robust/durable. My Scott is showing signs of significant wear after just two seasons, when it comes time to replace it I'll be looking at either a BCA or the Ortovox litric for the changeable pack sizes

Tech talk jongs. haha
    I've had one for a year and love it. Light, functional, some nice features. Replaced an ABS Vario 40. I find the amount of actual usable room in the BCA pack to be about the same as the ABS pack. It seems a bit easier to fly with than my ABS pack, however I've only gone through security about 10 times now with the BCA pack. I'd say I'm 9 out of 10 for seamless breezing through security. The ABS pack I'd say was about the same ratio (out of 100 times through security with it, there was 10 hold ups where I'd have to pull out IATA and airline documentation about the pack and esplain shit to people).

I'm not a super long torso-ed guy, so a short stubby pack like the BCA pack fits me way better than the ABS Vario 40 pack I used to use. Plus, I'm happy not to have to deal with the pressurized nitrogen canisters for my pack anymore. Though wifey still has a cannister avi pack. Short story long, I'd buy one of these again and will likely do so for the wife when we get her a new pack.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I've got one. Used in Japan and Holden Village last winter—probably 9-10 full days worth of touring. I'd say it's a fantastic pack. My only other experience is with the 1.0 canister version of the BCA. The stash pocket is legit AF, mostly for your water bottle. My touring partners were all blown away by this feature. I wish it (the 35) was slightly larger... but that may just be the way that I pack for a day in the BC. I like having spare goggles, gloves, and a micropuff, AND a nice lunch. I also tend to carry more water than most. Still, I made it work. Only smallish gripe is the airbag zipper started to come undone a couple times, but resetting it is quick and easy. If the 45 had been available last year, I probably would've gone with that.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.