1971 Airstream $22,750

I know this isn’t the primary market… Mrs. Hood26 didn’t like it being listed for a different price, so ask me for change mags Being transparent, there is already one mag entertaining buying and I will honor first right refusal for them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xvu...w?usp=drivesdk

Reach out if you want a virtual tour of her. She is as 4 season rig so long as you have power and LP. I will also throw a set of tire chains for sure, and maybe a winter road safe hitch set up, in the deal to get you to the ski hill safely.

I can facilitate some of the transportation weather and schedule dependent if buyer is willing to help with fuel.
    Last edited by Hood26; 11-24-2022 at 05:33 PM.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Wow. That is a sweet rig.
    Glwts

Always a spot in my heart for the late 60’s/early 70’s models. She looks very nice and clean.

GLWS

That looks awesome, I showed Mrs Teleee with the hopes of saving me $80k but nope she wants modern. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thanks guys! I was nervous to post here.

We are in Mrs. Telee’s corner. We loved this unit, but since Airstreaming is what we do it was time to get some modern and room for the boys. We sure are going to miss this one though many happy trips and we hope she goes to someone who will have many happy more.

Sweet rig. I was looking at the weight and the electric brake spec, then I wondered. What was used back in the 70 to tow these? Pickups were not the standard family car.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Not quite the 70s, but my grandparents had one like this in the 80s/90s and hauled it with a big ford van. Wish that rig was still kicking around…

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Sweet rig. I was looking at the weight and the electric brake spec, then I wondered. What was used back in the 70 to tow these? Pickups were not the standard family car.

Stationwagons on 1ton frames with big V8s under the hood. Drum brakes back in the day was probably the greatest issue with towing, but generally tow vehicle weight, suspension, and powerplant/transmissions of the era were very much up to the task.

Right, I am guessing my 3.2 6spd A4 wagon outperforms the cars of that day in most ways. But these days they look at me weird when I rent a 5x8 U-Haul trailer.

Just chiming in to say that this is freaking sweet!!! How does it do during the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Just chiming in to say that this is freaking sweet!!! How does it do during the winter?
    As long as you have power and LP gas she is trouble free. We run off the freshwater tanks on-board to not have the hassle of freezing hoses. All of her plumbing is onboard and out of the wind because of the Airstream unique under skins with an insulated belly. We have been comfortable in her with super low outside temps and massive windchill. Getting out of the door was a bit interesting with snow several feet deep and solid ice from freezing rain. One of the best ski days ever!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A22FCB58-5DDA-4C37-9A1F-F1A710EE84AE.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	724.7 KB 
ID:	435348

1971 Airstream $22,750

I saw in your advert that you added the front window plexi shields. Did you also install the rock guards over the front corner panels? Also, she looks lifted, or is that just the new axles (or did she get a set with greater angles)?

I see your jack control head is rotated like mine as well! Does your newish Barker powerjack have those dang limiter switches that I keep a couple spares in the toolkit, or is it newer enough Barker without them?

The only downside I see overall is no solar add-on. But with the tech getting better every year, even my 2010 solar package (80W) is dated.

Seriously, if my wife hadn’t jumped on our 20ft Bambi, I would be giving this other interested mag a run for their money. It’s lighter in gross weight and tongue than ours, with most of all the needed functional updates. If something falls through, maybe we should talk about a trade. Your boys need to learn how to rough it even in the winter anyway

The solar shield was rebuilt by a local glass shop. They did good work. She came with the rock guards already and those were probably add ons at some point. I only shot some new paint on the lower plastic panels.

She ended up with a suspension lift with a taller axle angle from Dexter. We decided to pick her up for all the boondocking we do. I am a bit worried about the new one but we are going to give her a go before we have it lifted with the block kit.

I intentionally rotated the Barker jack so I could get my tailgate down and luckily it hasn’t had any of the problems of the older models.

Solar is a much needed mod for her and I started down that route by removing the TV antenna, but then we started shopping new so I stopped.

I threatened the boys with a tent, but figured they deserve a little better shelter after a day of ski training. I think if we were summer only campers we would go the tent route. Plus I really wanted the split bath and the 40 gallon black tank and on board grey tanks which may be the number one and two reasons for me.

I really appreciate your questions and interest and I wish your wife hadn’t bought the Bambi 😝 If y DW had her way we would have a Bambi or an even a damn Basecamp. I am somewhat shocked it is lighter, but the math maths and I do know the late models got a bit pudgy, so I bet that 28 is going to be a lot more noticeable behind my TV, but I bet the Cummins is up to the task because she honestly runs like shit when she isn’t working. The re-gen needed when putting around really sucks the life out of her.