You Heard It Here First...again - Utah's Upcoming Season Snowfall

A long-time friend of mine from this forum, as well as from the old Powdermag forum where all the old-timers came from, asked me last week about my upcoming post. He wondered how it was that my annual season snowfall predictions have been more accurate than those of trained weatherpeoples. And certainly far more so than, say, the Farmer's Almanac. He asked if it was due to special training or education. In turn, I asked him how much special training does a monkey need to throw darts at a weather prediction dartboard.
    Utah is coming off of a very disappointing 2021-2022 season which only made it out of the dreaded 300s because of a lucky couple weeks in April.
    I am predicting that this 2022-2023 season will end significantly above 600 inches. No, really. Just watch.
    If I'm wrong, which I am not, then I'm not THE druggist.

Ive got a pair of rossi cuts I'll sell you for 650$. 4 mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDruggist View Post
    I am predicting that this 2022-2023 season will end significantly above 600 inches. No, really. Just watch.
    Bold move, Cotton.
    Waiter, I'd like to have what he's having.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Good to hear!

It's not always about how many inches you get , its how well you use it

Feb was pretty damn firm...but besides that, I found a ton of high quality turns last season. Snow stayed decent with the cold temperatures. Did not get a ton of variety in my runs-had to stick to wind laden runs much of the year.

Whatever though>looking forward to a good year with a lot more options.

It's not uncommon to get a good snowfall total after a dismal one like last year/Hail ULLR!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheDruggist View Post
    A long-time friend of mine from this forum, as well as from the old Powdermag forum where all the old-timers came from, asked me last week about my upcoming post. He wondered how it was that my annual season snowfall predictions have been more accurate than those of trained weatherpeoples. And certainly far more so than, say, the Farmer's Almanac. He asked if it was due to special training or education. In turn, I asked him how much special training does a monkey need to throw darts at a weather prediction dartboard.
    Utah is coming off of a very disappointing 2021-2022 season which only made it out of the dreaded 300s because of a lucky couple weeks in April.
    If I'm wrong, which I am not, then I'm not THE druggist.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alta.639.inches.season.ytd-3.6.23.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	474.2 KB 
ID:	450648
    It's only the first week of March and I already owe you that dinner, TD. People will still be talking about this season a hundred years from now.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Ive got a pair of rossi cuts I'll sell you for 650$. 4 mounts.
    Rossi cuts still available. 625$

I tore the ACL early January is it too early to predict next season for me?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums