Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    My bigger issue with these events is the time limit. I'm consistently half the speed of the fastest riders so might not meet their cutoffs. So it might depend how they treat stragglers. If they think they're going to pick me up off the course and not let me finish, F that. I'm finishing my coffee.
    They mentioned something about this before the race started. It was along the lines of, "if you don't make the cutoff times then you're on your own." They weren't sweeping the course or anything like that, it was more about having a recognized time on the finishers list.

Strong work!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm pretty used to no one being around when I finish an event. Would be bummed to not get a finish time though. If they're charging hundreds of euros that's the least they could do. Maybe I just need to train a little before signing up : )

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I'm pretty used to no one being around when I finish an event. Would be bummed to not get a finish time though. If they're charging hundreds of euros that's the least they could do. Maybe I just need to train a little before signing up : )
    Wouldn’t it be pretty easy to figure out your time at a race like this since the clock is always running? Simple subtraction really.

The photo of your bike with the stars is poster worthy. Seriously envious of you guys that understand photography and have the patience to stop and take the shot

This is awesome

That looks like an amazing experience ... on a motorcycle. Great photography, thanks.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Wouldn’t it be pretty easy to figure out your time at a race like this since the clock is always running? Simple subtraction really.
    Sure. But that's not the point. Maybe I wasn't clear, but was referring to someone finishing after the organizer's arbitrary time limit and getting listed as a DNF despite actually riding the whole route. People want to talk about gatekeeping, there you have it.