Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    LMAO. That's gold, Fred. GOLD! Join us over in teh Mega Jillions thread so you can buy your dream. Heck. Maybe we can all group buy a mobile home park as a dream getaway for mags! Can be like a redneck version of the YC, except we can be slum it up, leaving all our sleds and driftboats all over the place.

Yes, “Correspondence with Dad” is a book I would buy.

fred baits Dad with questions, Dad replies, fred publishes and profits, Dad gets famous. We get entertained.Win/win/win.

I like fred’s dad - funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Got a few. SJG, dunfree, and a few others that are just noise.
    SkiJ is fine besides otherwordly formatting issues. It's like he's still typing on a typrewriter.

Spot on with these two though.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    While I have never considered owning a mobile home park it has been my lifetime goal to live in a trailer so I could enjoy pot luck dinners of squirrel or raccoon with my neighbors and drink malt liquor encased in a paper bag while sitting by a blazing metal trash can fire pit.

So. attractive as it may be to attempt to collect monthly rents from unemployed , dentally challenged , mullet wearing tenants I'll have to pass on this opportunity.
    I nearly spit out my coffee reading this, absolutely hysterical
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'm with you. SkiJ is the only person on TGR that I have blocked.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk
    You are missing out. I recently skied with him (talking about SkiJ) and a more genuine and honest human being you will not find. He is wired a bit differently, his syntax makes more sense when you meet him and learn his life story.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ya like me Ski-J sometimes gets too worked up about issues he's passionate about. We disagree strongly on some of those but I don't think he's a bad guy or would ever do anything intentionally harmful to anyone else. I think he has me blocked hahaha..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's really too bad that SkiJ can't seem to write in a fashion that is readable by normal people. I believe he's a great guy and has a lot to add to the conversation, but simply can't get past the bizarre syntax. It's like trying to read Pig Latin or something. If you want to be understood, express yourself in a way that is understandable...

I agree that there is a book, or at least a great long-form magazine article, in the exchanges between FF and his dad.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    SkiJ is fine besides otherwordly formatting issues.

Spelling error somehow makes it work better

TRIED TO BUM A MILLION DOLLARS OFF MY OLD MAN LAST WEEK DIDN'T GO SO WELL

Dad

I found this great opportunity, maybe you would like to go in on it with me?

https://www.mobilehomeparkstore.com/...n-freeville-ny

It is overpriced, but I think we can get them down to the 900k - 1.1 mil range. I will check with $#@* to see if he wants to go in on it too. Of course I will move closer to you and be the onsite manager for a few years to bring the place to the upscale surrounds I'm used to here in Colorado luxury resort living. So don't worry. Once the place is printing money I will start my true dream of opening a medical marijuana healing retreat center in Ithaca.

Can't wait.

Fred,

While I have never considered owning a mobile home park it has been my lifetime goal to live in a trailer so I could enjoy pot luck dinners of squirrel or raccoon with my neighbors and drink malt liquor encased in a paper bag while sitting by a blazing metal trash can fire pit.
    My clients who owned rental real estate believe that the maximum price an investor should pay for rental property is six times pre tax net income. Based on that principle a cursory analysis would indicate that the asking price is a mere $1.6M overpriced. So. attractive as it may be to attempt to collect monthly rents from unemployed , dentally challenged , mullet wearing tenants I'll have to pass on this opportunity.
    More concerning to me is the fact that you're looking into local real estate. I hope you're not considering moving home. If so, give me advance notice so I can have your next residence ,{ our storage shed,} wired for wifi and an 85 inch smart TV installed.
    Dad
    I do appreciate that for all his negative talk he’s actually appraising the trailer park at about double what you did

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I like fred’s dad - funny guy.
    They're like a white, upstate Sanford and Son.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Go fasfreds dad!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Do fast Fred's dad and digital death's mom know each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Boy, I've missed some things it would appear.

I gotta catch up.

Fred, your dad sounds hilarious.
    I still call it The Jake.

I always wanted to party with Fred. Wind him up, feed him chemicals. And watch him go.

I changed my mind. I’m wanting to hang with Fred’s dad and savor his poetic sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They're like a white, upstate Sanford and Son.
    Nope we were more of the hold your fork and knife properly at the country club family

Old man been sober for a number of years now

As a kid when I asked what the "wet your whistle at Jack's bar" bumper sticker on his car was all about it was like a deer in headlights since his office was a couple blocks from the now defunct gay bar in ithaca somebody got him good w that one

I’m thinking Fred’s dad swung both ways.
    Nttiawwt

Wet whistle time

Fred. Email dad about jacks wet whistle bumper sticker
    Hilarity will result.
    Post results. Can’t wait.

wow

I’m here to post in this very impotent thread
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’m thinking Fred’s dad swung both ways.
    Nttiawwt

Wet whistle time

Fred. Email dad about jacks wet whistle bumper sticker
    Hilarity will result.
    Post results. Can’t wait.
    so he was a republican or a democrat depending on which suited his purpose at the time ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

extremely conservative
    he was pretty excited when he helped his guy get elected mayor years ago breaking a solid liberal hold on ithaca
    my favorite quote was "so what if he did a bunch of coke and sold it out of his restaurant it was the 80s"

mother fucker is in mexico for the month since it was too cold on the beach in south carolina

Maybe now’s the right time for a follow-up request for seed capital?
    I still call it The Jake.

I still want to see the Christmas tree picture.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

extremely conservative
    he was pretty excited when he helped his guy get elected mayor years ago breaking a solid liberal hold on ithaca
    my favorite quote was "so what if he did a bunch of coke and sold it out of his restaurant it was the 80s"

mother fucker is in mexico for the month since it was too cold on the beach in south carolina
    I helped a young lefty become mayor, he booted out the entrenched old fucks on main street who are now all on vaca in mexico. Then he became an MP ( big federal money) and so if he sees me in the bar he always buys me a beer cuz i'm his sign guy, i will put up signs but I ain't gona knock on doors

a buddy told me Aspen in the 80's if you turned yer bread plate upside down at dinner it was the universal sign for the waiter to bring you the coke ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-13-2023 at 01:42 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I agree that there is a book, or at least a great long-form magazine article, in the exchanges between FF and his dad.
    Eh, skip that and go straight to a Youtube series, which should lead in short order to a big $$ deal with a major streaming service. He'll get that million, and more!

Thinking ahead to casting, I actually think That 70's Show dad would be the perfect dad, but he's doing That 90's Show now, so he's out. His loss. Anthony Hopkins? He likes a good stretch.

And I hear Nic Cage is available.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    <snip>

Thinking ahead to casting, I actually think That 70's Show dad would be the perfect dad, but he's doing That 90's Show now, so he's out.
    Nah - Red would have no problem doing both shows.

Dumbass.