Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tales of Petty Revenge

At the grocery store the other day. Busy as hell. I usually just park at the far end where it's less congested but the entire lot was slammed with cars.

See a guy pulling out of a prime spot so stop to wait, and put my signal on to indicate I'm pulling in when he leaves. Dude takes a bit of time backing out, and moments later car comes from the opposite direction, sees buddy pulling out, so he stops, and put his signal on for the same spot..

The car exits the spot, and dude slides in and takes it. I know he saw me waiting, we made eye contact. Not cool man, not cool. So I make a mental note of his make and license plate, and continued to find a spot elsewhere.

I see the spot stealer walk into the store and say to myself I need to send some sort of message to him. Thought of writing some passive aggressive note for his windshield, then realized I have some of these in my trunk:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221118_135745.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	434684

Walked over to his car and pushed one of these into the tread of his tire. He will need to back out of the spot as there's a curb in front so I placed it at the back of the tire so as he backs out the metal plate will push all the way into his tire.

The sharp bits aren't long enough to actually puncture the tire, but as he drives it's going to make one hell of a noise which will hopefully cause some confusion and force him to pull over to investigate. Worst case (best case?!) scenario is he takes it to a shop for service.

Petty as hell, I know.

Any else get way too much satisfaction from immature shit like this?!

Was in Alberston's today picking up a few item, 1 check out aisle that is maxed and self check out. Fucking self checkout won't recognize a Zucchini so the one attendant eventually comes over. She makes a snarky remark I didn't quite get but whatever.

I put in my CC, pay and then the system says I need the attendant again, light is flashing above the self checkout etc. I wait 5 minutes but she is busy off somewhere else. So I said hell with it, grabbed my basket full of stuff and walked out. I kept the basket and took it home.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Not sure whats worse.

What u did oar bragging about it on webbernet.

I will go with both for a nickel Alex.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Not sure whats worse.

What u did oar bragging about it on webbernet.

I will go with both for a nickel Alex.
    It does say “petty” in the thread title, though we went very quickly from petty revenge to petty theft.

Most good parking spots are well within the view of security cameras. Definitely camera trail from self checkout to your license plate in the parking lot. Best to not do anything illegal.

Drive thru last weekend.. It's one of those where you have to enter going 1 way and drive ALL the way around to enter a cone corral for a designed que line up to the speaker window. As I'm coming around at the end oft he REQUIRED lap some bitch pulls in and turns the WRONG WAY towards the lane and cuts me off, does a three point turn to snipe my spot in the line. When she got up to the speaker I rolled down my windows and blasted the stereo at 11 so they couldn't hear her ordering.. She looked like she was at least 70 years old.. Old enough to know better..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Maybe this should change to an “AITA?” thread, and the answers so far are “yes”

I lived in an apartment complex in Las Vegas for a little while, had a dog that we would walk around the area. Nearby apartment dweller had a dog too, pit bull type, never walked it and kept it outside in a fenced patio area where it barked incessantly. It would escape occasionally and went after our dog once.

Neighbor patio fence had enough of a gap underneath that I could empty an entire can of refried beans under the fence. The pit bull enjoyed the beans. Hope the neighbor enjoyed the farts.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Tales of Petty Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    At the grocery store the other day. Busy as hell. I usually just park at the far end where it's less congested but the entire lot was slammed with cars.

See a guy pulling out of a prime spot so stop to wait, and put my signal on to indicate I'm pulling in when he leaves. Dude takes a bit of time backing out, and moments later car comes from the opposite direction, sees buddy pulling out, so he stops, and put his signal on for the same spot..

The car exits the spot, and dude slides in and takes it. I know he saw me waiting, we made eye contact. Not cool man, not cool. So I make a mental note of his make and license plate, and continued to find a spot elsewhere.

I see the spot stealer walk into the store and say to myself I need to send some sort of message to him. Thought of writing some passive aggressive note for his windshield, then realized I have some of these in my trunk:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221118_135745.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	434684

Walked over to his car and pushed one of these into the tread of his tire. He will need to back out of the spot as there's a curb in front so I placed it at the back of the tire so as he backs out the metal plate will push all the way into his tire.

The sharp bits aren't long enough to actually puncture the tire, but as he drives it's going to make one hell of a noise which will hopefully cause some confusion and force him to pull over to investigate. Worst case (best case?!) scenario is he takes it to a shop for service.

Petty as hell, I know.

Any else get way too much satisfaction from immature shit like this?!

Anytime someone posts a Padded Room thread; it always turns out Seinfeld already had it covered.

Name:  Image1668892274.343760.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  23.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Whatever you decide to do at a self checkout lane after you've made an honest attempt to pay and been stymied is fine.

BB on the topic:

If I remember correctly rideit has a great story involving a biker gang and valve stem core removal.

My ex and I like to deplete each other’s Fred Meyer fuel points.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    If I remember correctly rideit has a great story involving a biker gang and valve stem core removal.
    Valve core removal is so simple and non destructive, but so perfect since most people aren't prepared to deal with it.

At home in BC some busy streets have timed parking restrictions so the curb lane becomes a traffic lane during rush hour. Every day there was one asshole who would park up and sit in their car 5-10 minutes before the parking restriction ended. When someone still trying to use the lane inevitably laid on the horn behind them, douche mcgoo would put his arm out the window tapping his watch like that was supposed to magically speed up time by 5 mins. Then at top of the hour he'd get out and walk away. Now, you've just pissed a bunch of people off, are you sure it's wise to leave your car there overnight? The most satisfying was seeing one guy talking to parking enforcement the next morning, probably waiting for a tow truck, since he couldn't move the car out of the now-closed-to-parking curb lane with 4 flat tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    A friend of mine likes to grab a handful of small rocks and put them along the bottom of the windshield or wipers. Not something you'll readily notice...until you drive off and hit some bumps or use the wipers : )

^ Genius, love it!

Had a similar experience as OP at a restaurant in Bozeman, fancy sports car guy snaked the spot I was waiting for. When we were done eating I saw he was still parked there and I just happened to have a big thick green post-dinner lugie in my throat. Launched the mucus mass from about six feet away as I walked by and it splatted squarely on his windshield right in front of the driver side. Still makes me chuckle every time I think about it. Guarantee he knew who it came from lol..

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Valve core removal is so simple and non destructive, but so perfect since most people aren't prepared to deal with.
    That was our go to move back in high school. Whenever we’d see someone’s ride that we had perceived wronged us, whoosh. If we really didn’t like them we’d do two tires just so they’d def have to call someone. Extra points given if the petty vengeance was conducted at a movie theatre or other obvious date venue to really ruin their night. Much less hassle than dogshit under the door handles

When I was in 6th grade one of the school janitor use to be a dick to us after buy scout meetings every week. A group of 4-5 scouts took a piss in his car since his window was down.... Still actually feel bad about it and moved on from this kind of shit many decades ago since I've been on both ends of this kind of shit inadvertently and it's never worth the potential consequences at this point in my life. I'll walk the extra 100 yards in a parking lot since I'm fat and can certainly use the exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Had a similar experience as OP at a restaurant in Bozeman, fancy sports car guy snaked the spot I was waiting for. When we were done eating I saw he was still parked there and I just happened to have a big thick green post-dinner lugie in my throat. Launched the mucus mass from about six feet away as I walked by and it splatted squarely on his windshield right in front of the driver side. Still makes me chuckle every time I think about it. Guarantee he knew who it came from lol..
    No way, you gotta get the driver's side window, right in the middle. Washes off the windshield too easily!
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Thought this was gonna be about Tom Petty's estate going after that crazy woman in AZ.

There’s a super douchey pickup truck that’s in our neighborhood sometimes. It’s super loud, jacked up, etc, and whenever I see it, I toss the dog’s poop bag into the bed. Truck’s used to having a piece of shit inside of it.

Man, you guys are a bunch of assholes.

Who cares if someone stole your parking spot? Move on with your life.

To plan, and conduct, a revenge is beyond petty.

Fucking losers.

You should probably just leave TGR, because shit like this is not why this community exists.
    Last edited by gaijin; 11-20-2022 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

Fucking losers.

You should probably just leave TGR, because shit like this is not why this community exists.
    I bet that slapping plate on your tire made quite the racket

Fucking losers.

Are you new here?

Fucking losers.

I’m not the vengeful type for the most part, but it’s human nature for people to seek revenge

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Same could be said for petty commentary/stalking fellow mags ski purchases, sales and usage.