skins too short?

I'm definitely a skin jong. Never cut my own before, always had a shop buddy do it for me or had precut skins that came with my splitboards. Got the GF a touring set up with Contour hybrids. Her skis are 172s, so I ordered her the medium skins. These are supposed to fit to a 168, so I thought they would work (whats 4mm, really?). Will this fly, or should I return 'em?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skins2 (2).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	683.9 KB 
ID:	434552
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skins1 (2).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	821.0 KB 
ID:	434553
    Montani Semper Liberi

just to confirm what i see going on, these fit but youre worried theres not enough skin coverage?

imo these are totally fine. i actually get the shortest skins that will fit on my skis for the very small reduction in weight and bulk. some extra plush at the back there is not going to make any difference on skinning performance.

in the same vain i usually trim my skins quite narrow as you rarely need full wall-to-wall carpet on skis >95mm (again, imo).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ya I agree. Nothing wrong with those as all from what I can tell.

She’s gonna die.

She's good to go...

She's gonna die.

But she's fine.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    (whats 4mm, really?)
    10 times shorter than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    She's gonna die.

But she's fine.
    LOL, beat me to it...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

She can die, as long as she's fine.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Hang on, I think you have the tail clip on backwards/upside-down. The longer part of the clip that the tail threads through should be on top of the ski. That way you can use it as a lever to unclip when it's time to de-skin. So try it that way and see if there's still enough length on the tail strip. It looks like you'll still be ok, just make sure there's enough of the strip to stay threaded and not slip through the clip under tension.

Like this:

Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    Hang on, I think you have the tail clip on backwards/upside-down. The longer part of the clip that the tail threads through should be on top of the ski. That way you can use it as a lever to unclip when it's time to de-skin. So try it that way and see if there's still enough length on the tail strip. It looks like you'll still be ok, just make sure there's enough of the strip to stay threaded and not slip through the clip under tension.

Like this:
    Shit... Some decent advice -- how the hell did that happen and how did all of us experts miss it!?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk