Question Look pivot turntable not engaging forward pressure tab correctly?

Just picked up some used RMU apostle 3.0s mounted with Pivot 12 GW bindings.

Not that familiar with pivots so didn't notice anything up with them at first. But now that I'm trying them with boots I've discovered one of the turntables is acting strange.

The black plastic crescent shape on the rear of the turntable doesn't engage with the white forward pressure tab. Instead it's sitting above it. I can manually force the turntable down to enagage the white tab, but it pops back up super easy.

Couple videos here -> https://imgur.com/a/aC8mkKc

Any ideas what's going on here/how to fix it? Had a bit of a search for internet wisdom, but not much luck. Cheers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221118_080944134.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	434466

Rotate the heel 90 degrees past the end of the black plastic cover on the bottom of the turntable. Then, with a bit of down pressure rotate the heel back straight and white forward pressure indicator will move rearwards to allow the turntable to sit flat. If that doesn't do it then the turntable is bent so it's big hammer time!

^^^^hammer time^^^^

Yeah “resetting” it with the 90 degree twist should fix this. Also helpful to do each time after adjusting the bindings

Also you probably know this but don’t work off the indicator when setting forward pressure since they’re not accurate on pivots. There’s a big thread on it here
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Thanks for the suggestions, still doesnt quite engage enough when doing that, so I think I'm in the hammer time category!

I'll try bend it as-is. But if I need to chuck it in a vice... can the turntable be removed without taking the binding fully off the ski?

No.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

I should say, though, that it doesn't matter much. The FWPI is completely shit on pivots.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

This sometimes happens when the turntable is above the tab during installation, which means that its not really gonna be fixed by hammering, and what really needs to happen is the screws need to be tightened. I'd advise taking the heel piece off, putting in new epoxy, re-installing, and make sure you do the twist reset during install so it doesn't happen again.

If that fails, then tap the black plastic part down with a mallet or gentle with a hammer, and if that doesn't work, give up and drink a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I should say, though, that it doesn't matter much. The FWPI is completely shit on pivots.
    Yeah fair, it's just a visual indicator right? No biggy if it's not actually engaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    This sometimes happens when the turntable is above the tab during installation, which means that its not really gonna be fixed by hammering, and what really needs to happen is the screws need to be tightened. I'd advise taking the heel piece off, putting in new epoxy, re-installing, and make sure you do the twist reset during install so it doesn't happen again.

If that fails, then tap the black plastic part down with a mallet or gentle with a hammer, and if that doesn't work, give up and drink a beer.
    Realised that the turntable has actually worn away the tip of the white FP indicator, from sitting on top of it. So even if I remounted properly or bent the turntable, there's barely enough height on the indicator to latch with the turntable.

So might jsut have to suck it up. Thanks folks.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    id advise taking your binders to a trained professional
    with a token offering of buds or brew
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Can usually tell if the forward pressure is *close* to correct if you pay attention to the orientation of the heelpiece with the boot. Too little, and the heel will kinda lean back and the cupping portion wont make a full half circle of contact with the boot.

That being said, id probably still take it into a shop.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Can usually tell if the forward pressure is *close* to correct if you pay attention to the orientation of the heelpiece with the boot. Too little, and the heel will kinda lean back and the cupping portion wont make a full half circle of contact with the boot.

That being said, id probably still take it into a shop.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I think that’s more related to whether the mount size matches the boot size, or is slightly bigger/smaller and being adjusted.

I think that’s more related to whether the mount size matches the boot size, or is slightly bigger/smaller and being adjusted.
    I’ve also noticed some of the older pivot/fks heels sit a little further open than the new ones
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I’ve also noticed some of the older pivot/fks heels sit a little further open than the new ones
    What do you mean further open? Like the angle of the arms/spring dildo?

What do you mean further open? Like the angle of the arms/spring dildo?
    Yeah I have a couple pairs of newer pivots and some older FKS and on the older ones the dildo angle is a little more leaned back when clicked in. Idk if there's any factual backing to this but I adjust all mine the same way using the brake movement/dildo rotation method and it's what I've noticed