Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Going to try with a slash of Sprite.
    Try with squirt, that's how the paloma started.

Margarita no sugar? Aka skinny margarita

I haven't thought about this in a while, but another that is a party is the Si Guey. A Petraske original.

2oz tequila reposado
    1/4oz curacao
    3 dash orange bitters

1/4oz islay whisky float.

The best tequila old fashioned you've ever had. The bible recommends you build it backwards, in the glass. Dilute with one large cube then float the whisky on top.

While thinking about things that are best forgotten, try an M&M shot with the kiddo. Equal parts mezcal and Montenegro. I can't stomach that shit but it is a handshake of the first degree.

Tequila, .5 oz triple sec/orange liqueur, unsweetened lime juice - preferably squeezed from actual limes. Dry, proper margarita.

This is the way

My experimentation landed me in bed till noon. So much sugar at all inclusives so Don Julio Blanca dressed shots became the norm.

Will continue the quest in a bit.
    Ghost, been asking for a very close version of that, sans whisky. I just don’t care for brown liquor.

And then would love to smoke a big fat joint about now, smelled someone out on the beach and that’s my jam.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Tequila, .5 oz triple sec/orange liqueur, unsweetened lime juice - preferably squeezed from actual limes. Dry, proper margarita.
    Mrs Buzz makes these at home con Contraeu, agave nectar with real limes. And they are very buzzworthy 😁

Living up to your namesake I see. Haha.

Here's a thought. One of the best ways to SHOOT tequila is instead of the traditional lime/salt, you do it with an orange slice with cinnamon. I wonder if that would translate to a good cocktail. Thoughts on that, Mixmaster Ghosthop?

Its hawt.

Margaritaville today.
    watch out for snakes

Unique Spirits & Cocktails

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Living up to your namesake I see. Haha.

Here's a thought. One of the best ways to SHOOT tequila is instead of the traditional lime/salt, you do it with an orange slice with cinnamon. I wonder if that would translate to a good cocktail. Thoughts on that, Mixmaster Ghosthop?
    The best way to shoot tequila is by having a bandera. Buzz, ask the bartender for a bandera and report back. The red should be sangrita.

But at some point you need to transition to anejo, neat. Too much lime juice will wreck your stomach and too much sugar will wreck your head.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Mrs Buzz makes these at home con Contraeu, agave nectar with real limes. And they are very buzzworthy ��
    This is the Bmillsrita as well.

2-point-ish oz of decentish blanco (100% blue agave no additives but still good for mixing), 1 fresh squeezed Persian lime (thin skin has the juice), .5 oz Cointreau or similar (Patron Citronage is a cost effective substitute) and a tiny squeeze of some Whole Foods light agave; shaken like a paint can with some ice.

I’ll mix a couple big Yeti’s worth of these and throw 8 or so small Yetis, a small cooler of ice, some lime wedges and hand em out at the neighborhood pool. Have yet to have someone turn one down much less not ask for another.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The best way to shoot tequila is by having a bandera. Buzz, ask the bartender for a bandera and report back. The red should be sangrita.

But at some point you need to transition to anejo, neat. Too much lime juice will wreck your stomach and too much sugar will wreck your head.
    MontuckyFried, that sounds good actually!
    Zigzag, I’m intrigued. Have not heard of a bandera.

Years past I was into anejo. Maybe I’ll switch back over tonight. Don Blanca has been smooth. But I need something different.

Italian reservations at 7, headed to the bar in 5.

I still need that joint

I don’t make a lot of margaritas, but when I do I like to use Grand Marnier. The brandy base makes it a little richer and I don’t add a sweetener. I also tend to use reposado.

I bought an antique Juice-O-Mat a decade or so ago. It makes juicing about as easy as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I don’t make a lot of margaritas, but when I do I like to use Grand Marnier. The brandy base makes it a little richer and I don’t add a sweetener. I also tend to use reposado.

I bought an antique Juice-O-Mat a decade or so ago. It makes juicing about as easy as it gets.
    Heretic!!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Mrs Buzz makes these at home con Contraeu, agave nectar with real limes. And they are very buzzworthy ��
    Loose the Cointreau, up the agave nectar/syrup. Now we're talkin' purist.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Loose the Cointreau, up the agave nectar/syrup. Now we're talkin' purist.
    At the end of the day a margarita is really just a tequila sour

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You are 1000% spot on that going with a good quality tequila, served neat (or on ice - whatever floats your boat) is the best way to avoid a hangover. Everybody blames the tequila for feeling like crap while forgetting they ingested a gallon of sugar and citric acid. Now Cuervo Gold (NOT real tequila btw as it's not 100% agave) does wreck you no matter what, but nobody should be drinking that past 21 anyway. We've ALL had bad experiences with that garbage. Blech.
    Last edited by MontuckyFried; 06-02-2023 at 07:40 PM.

Anyone try Crème de Violette? Blue Moon cocktail on a warm summers night are quite good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685756192.511880.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	460692

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Anyone try Crème de Violette? Blue Moon cocktail on a warm summers night are quite good.

Okay their clear gin is great, but have you had their old Tom?? Fuck me I will pay anyone richly to mail me a bottle of that. So good.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Aviation is good too. I think it’s basically a Blue Moon with maraschino liqueur.

I also like an Aviation with rose water and some simple syrup substituted for the crème de violette.

I have half a boner after reading this next iteration

I also can’t feel my feet

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    At the end of the day a margarita is really just a tequila sour
    I think a critical part of a margarita is that the primary sugar comes from alcohol and not a syrup.

One of the better variations I’ve tried is a regal or royale where a lime twist is shaken with the drink instead of being expressed afterwards.

I’ve said it before, probably in this thread but everyone should stop buying Cointreau and get a bottle of Pierre Ferrand curaçao. Brandy base like Grand Marnier but much drier.

Montucky, I often don’t care for fresh cinnamon in my drinks. I think it works as an aromatic over an egg white cocktail or flip. The M&M I posted above is a very similar vein, instead of a chilled shot you could sip it over a large cube and there is no hassle of grit in your drink. Agave spirits and amaro play really well together and combinations are worth experimenting with.

We drank so much tequila when I was in Montana, fucking Jimador (you want a Jimmy?) and an impressive amount of Casamigos. I prefer Herradura in a cocktail. A favorite drink to riff on was a Debbie Don’t, another Petraske affiliate.

1oz tequila reposado
    1oz amaro averna
    3/4oz lemon
    1/2oz maple syrup

I also can’t feel my feet

This is the issue with tequila. I’m the fucking energizer bunny and I’m still kicking and wide awake. Except my can’t walk a straight line. But I can type on my phone fine. But I feel nothing.