Shooting ski photos with iPhone 14 pro

The decision not to buy a compact camera was based largely on upgrading my phone. In past I have enjoyed the fast manual photo taking of the phone. The questions are specific to my iPhone 14 pro but sure general apple processing traits apply

I can shoot in raw, should I?

Any settings help when taking pictures in bright snow? Gray overcast?

Video?

I can't comment specifically on your iPhone settings, but if your memory can handle it, shoot in raw. You can correct most issues that show up in snow pics, like white balance and contrast.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Don't have an iPhone but...

Shoot RAW if you can, this will capture more data and allow you to make larger adjustments to correct exposure, contrast, white balance, etc. in post processing.
    Set white balance manually if possible, using a full frame of white snow in whatever light you're shooting in as the reference.
    Lock shutter speed to something fast when shooting action. I usually go for 1/1000s or faster if possible.
    If the iPhone has a continuous shooting mode definitely use it for action shots.

Thanks guys that should get me there. Camera in raw can be set to 48 or 12 I read two things one that Apple is pixel binning to improve 12 and shooting in 48 takes up to a second to process the data between shots so best to use 12 with action shots

It's easy to pull a frame grab from a phone video rather than try to time action right, but the quality isn't great for cropping in and manipulating. Lightroom on the phone is pretty sweet for making shitty iphone photos look decent. It also has had a raw photo option for awhile if you take the photo with the app itself.