Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    SkiRack has a XCD tune on their menu of options. They just need a scrape, grind, and hot wax and you will be all set.
    They can grind the scales out too? I've already had them waxed and scraped and waxed a few times to no avail.

I find brushing with a brass brush and scraping with a metal scraper will refresh the scales…but only have positive scales, iirc the chugach are negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Like watching paint dry...which may be better than skiing.
    UVM men’s soccer has been very exciting this year, and record breaking. Saturday might be a good day for a doubler header, US in World Cup and then UVM.

Patience with the weather looks like it will be rewarded. Some really encouraging signs that just need to come together.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    They can grind the scales out too? I've already had them waxed and scraped and waxed a few times to no avail.
    802-658-3313

802-658-3313
    Is that your Grindr number?

Eastcoast Roll Call TwoTwo/TwoThree A Slow Start to a Big Finish

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    UVM men’s soccer has been very exciting this year, and record breaking. Saturday might be a good day for a doubler header, US in World Cup and then UVM.

Patience with the weather looks like it will be rewarded. Some really encouraging signs that just need to come together.
    The winning goal in Syracuse’s last game was pretty cool. Cornell had a corner kick and SU’s goalie caught a point blank header. He ran out a few yards and threw it to a guy that dribbled the length of the field, split 2 defenders and beat the goalie from 20 yards or so. The other 89 minutes? Meh

https://youtu.be/kGPD-2MmdW0

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    The winning goal in Syracuse’s last game was pretty cool. Cornell had a corner kick and SU’s goalie caught a point blank header. He ran out a few yards and threw it to a guy that dribbled the length of the field, split 2 defenders and beat the goalie from 20 yards or so. The other 89 minutes? Meh

https://youtu.be/kGPD-2MmdW0
    Actually, REALLY fucking cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska-RWC View Post
    I'm one flight to the east coast away from making my next mileage tier, and my nephew is in his freshman year in Boston. Having done my undergrad in Boston and grad school in VT, I'm flying to Boston on Friday to pick him up and spend Saturday and Sunday skiing . . . somewhere. He needs to experience fake snow and a WROD. When I lived in Vermont I mostly skied Killington and Sugarbush due to the student season passes, but the New England Jeep dealers did this promotion where if you show up at whatever mountain they said on whatever weekend they said, you skied for free, so I've skied all over the place.

From snow reports it looks like Sunday River has the best coverage right now, although I was surprised that Killington didn't open Superstar today given the race last weekend. Stowe also has coverage but the open terrain looks pretty blasé.

Any recommendations on where to take him? I'm not married to skiing at the same place two days in a row either. I'm just going to find some dive hotel(s) so moving on Saturday night won't be a problem.
    It's a slow start for sure. I skied at Loon last weekend with family and the coverage was ok and you can ride an 8 person chair. That's an option and not far from Boston. I really don't like that place but it's open. It's also not far from there to Sunday river.

I will be working at Cannon for opening weekend and it looks sporty.

Personally I would stay in Boston and watch the USA world cup match and go for a nice walk or a museum or something.

I also have to add that people who make big flights to get the next tier... Have no regard for the environment or climate situation.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I also have to add that people who make big flights to get the next tier... Have no regard for the environment or climate situation.

I'm not flying to France to have a glass of wine in the airport and flying back FFS--I'm flying to spend a weekend with my nephew who is four thousand miles away from his family, in an area that is my old stomping grounds, and slide down a mountain that may or may not have some snow on it. Is the mileage an inspiration for the trip? Sure, but I wouldn't be taking three days off work and renting a car if I was just going somewhere to turn around. I'm stopping in Portland on the way to crash with a friend who has also been holding a pair of skis for me for a year. I'm visiting a friend from grad school who lives in New Hampshire that I haven't seen in 15 years. I'm staying with a friend in Boston from AK that also went to my undergrad, and I'm swinging by my alma mater for a meeting since I'm the regional chair for an alumni volunteer group.

If you want to get into a discussion about climate change, I've personally witnessed the dramatic recession of glaciers first hand and seen the devastation of melting permafrost on our coastal villages. Am I sensitive about this subject? Absolutely, because Alaska is the canary in the coal mine. IMHO high oil prices are good because not only is it good for the state budget, but more importantly it forces people to make energy decisions based on cost. I think THAT is what is going to drive the push for alternative energies and investment in new energy-related technologies much more-so than pure government regulation.

Not to inch towards the padded room or anything with climate discussion but just realize the environmental impact of flying thousands of miles for a long weekend of socializing.
    I do it also, so I'm just as bad.
    One of my neighbors is legit net zero carbon and keeps a budget. Grows his own food. Cold house in winter and firewood from his own land etc etc. One of our friends moved to San Diego and we were all talking about going to visit and he was like "you know that carbon footprint? It would take me years to offset that" but you can get a Boston SD flight for under 300.
    I also agree that pricing is the only way the vast majority of people will adjust behavior (you and I included) but regulations are going the opposite way due to the political pressure of price at the pump BS.
    Anyway I hope you have a great trip. I'm just fucking with you.
    We (skiers) are all pretty green washed and hypocrites with our POW stickers and sustainable jackets that we use to go summer skiing in Chile etc.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

How is a wood stove carbon neutral?

^ exactly. Burning wood is far worse than modern car emissions or (to compare apples to apples) heating your home with electric power generated from nuclear power plants.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    How is a wood stove carbon neutral?
    You cut down a tree. You're not taking sequestered carbon fossil fuels.
    The rise in industrial CO2 is primarily from fossil fuels.
    If we sustainably did this its carbon neutral,like if we all had a family wood lot and that's it.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^ exactly. Burning wood is far worse than modern car emissions or (to compare apples to apples) heating your home with electric power generated from nuclear power plants.
    You can't power a car with wood so apples and oranges.
    Nuclear power is carbon friendly but has other issues.
    It would be impossible to power our population with our modern lifestyle without fossil fuels unless we do some big changes with renewable.
    Anyway... Back to skiing. Or perhaps this December... Not.
    I am always surprised at what people think about environmental science. These are not opinions that wood is carbon neutral. Burning wood certainly has other issues. The real issue is a huge population that consumes huge amounts of energy per Capita.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

O'really?

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Please DEAR GOD make it snow!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    I once saw monkeys throwing poop at each other in the zoo.

It still didn't snow

So they starting drinking DIPA and ripping massive bingers.

And then it snowed.

And they skied.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

802-867-5309
    Fify

Is that your Grindr number?
    For a good time call 248-434-5508

I'm leaving for a wedding in Chicago so it will nuke as soon as I leave.

I once saw monkeys throwing poop at each other in the zoo.

It still didn't snow

And then it snowed.

And they skied.

WOT'S A "BINGER?"

The skiing today is better than flinging poo

^^^This.. Any snow outdoors is better than not skiing. I'm going to take a few manmade poo laps this weekend. Already bought the lift ticket. Might rain too, but I'm still there if it's open and lifts are spinning...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Nuclear power is carbon friendly but has other issues.
    It would be impossible to power our population with our modern lifestyle without fossil fuels unless we do some big changes with renewable.
    Anyway... Back to skiing. Or perhaps this December... Not.
    I am always surprised at what people think about environmental science. These are not opinions that wood is carbon neutral. Burning wood certainly has other issues. The real issue is a huge population that consumes huge amounts of energy per Capita.

Dude, I said that it wasn't apples to apples and then went on to make an apt comparison.

Cutting down trees to burn them is not carbon neutral. Have you ever heard of photosynthesis? You do know that cutting down trees reduces the planet's ability to sequester CO2, right? That is not an opinion, it's a scientific fact.

So tell me what the other issues are with nuclear power. Other than the NIMBY argument, I'm guessing you can't make one based on science. Yeah, don't put nuke plants where a tidal wave is likely to cause a major disaster and don't put them on fault lines. How many people were killed or got sick in America's worst nuclear event? How much radiation was released in that event? The answer to both questions is exactly zero. For once, the French are laughing at the Germans for their knee-jerk reaction to shut down their nuclear plants. France gets more than 90% of its electricity from nuclear.

Renewables will never be the answer unless you classify nuclear as renewable. Wind and solar are too unreliable, are highly inefficient, and cause more harm to the environment (not climate) than most other forms of energy production.

Please God, let it snow soon.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi