Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2634
  1. #2151
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by ego7man View Post

    Nice video. Good tree skiing in New England is hard to beat.

  2. #2152
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by ego7man View Post
    That was a fun ride.

  3. #2153
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i don't know why you'd ask us when you could just fork over 25$ for the pros at Skiology. He does wind holds too I hear.
    Name:  What'sUp.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  7.8 KB

  4. #2154
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    14,883
    thanks for putting the video on top

    Quote Originally Posted by AirheadD8 View Post
    Nice pics I'm in the blue jacket 3rd chair on the double . Awesome day Attachment 452145
    backing pow at platty back too, it was a good run!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  5. #2155
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    nj / 'dacks
    Posts
    449

    Eastcoast Roll Call TwoTwo/TwoThree A Slow Start to a Big Finish

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i don't know why you'd ask us when you could just fork over 25$ for the pros at Skiology. He does wind holds too I hear.
    Eh ya know what it doesnít really matter...flooring job comes with unlimited soup (job for family member, known to whip up a mean soup), so itís a win win...since this is the ECRC some may even consider this a superior option to the skiing anyways. $25 buys good amount of broth

  6. #2156
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Masshole
    Posts
    714
    The Loaf was snow up high until 2ish. Super dense, but its soft. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89085.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	452938

  7. #2157
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,847
    ^^ good to see winter hanging on and making snow.
    was feeling ready to submit to spring, but hoping for another storm day (or three!)

    Quote Originally Posted by ego7man View Post
    way to rip those trees!

  8. #2158
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    6,448
    nice day to rent a shack…

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64D4ACB8-6430-4271-856A-0BC8B93C28EE.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	684.6 KB 
ID:	453010



    fact.

  9. #2159
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    6,448
    valves? we don’t need no stinking valves…

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7CBF2EA-473B-4CFF-A3A9-4E1AD41742E7.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	453023





    fact.

  10. #2160
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,564
    Got out for a quick lap last night.

    Nice to have so much daylight.

    And the light on the ridge was great. The wind, not so much.

    The snow was bulletproof, but skiing is still fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  11. #2161
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,627
    I just proved what many of you that have met me already thought; I'm an idiot.

    After a fun afternoon of near perfect corn at Magic (yesterday) I was walking into the lodge to de-boot. Was kicking the snow off my boots and tripped. On my way down, my elbow caught a picnic bench and I dislocated my shoulder. Knew it immediately. As Patrol was trying to wrap me up for transport to the ER, I shrugged that shoulder and it slid back in on its own.

    Of course it happened on a Friday afternoon so I wont be able to get an ortho appointment until next week. I'd say it's likely my season is done. It wasn't a great season overall but the last 3 weeks have been very good. I was looking forward to a couple of minis in NoVT and possibly Maine to harvest the corn. That's off the table now. Ah well, there's always next year....

    Not looking for sympathy...I did this to myself and I will heal. This forum is just an easier way to get the word out to a ton of people I've met, bonded with, and skied with.

    Here's to a great Spring for all of you !

  12. #2162
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I just proved what many of you that have met me already thought; I'm an idiot.

    After a fun afternoon of near perfect corn at Magic (yesterday) I was walking into the lodge to de-boot. Was kicking the snow off my boots and tripped. On my way down, my elbow caught a picnic bench and I dislocated my shoulder. Knew it immediately. As Patrol was trying to wrap me up for transport to the ER, I shrugged that shoulder and it slid back in on its own.

    Of course it happened on a Friday afternoon so I wont be able to get an ortho appointment until next week. I'd say it's likely my season is done. It wasn't a great season overall but the last 3 weeks have been very good. I was looking forward to a couple of minis in NoVT and possibly Maine to harvest the corn. That's off the table now. Ah well, there's always next year....

    Not looking for sympathy...I did this to myself and I will heal. This forum is just an easier way to get the word out to a ton of people I've met, bonded with, and skied with.

    Here's to a great Spring for all of you !
    As a too frequent lodge faller I feel your pain. Sorry

  13. #2163
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I just proved what many of you that have met me already thought; I'm an idiot.

    After a fun afternoon of near perfect corn at Magic (yesterday) I was walking into the lodge to de-boot. Was kicking the snow off my boots and tripped. On my way down, my elbow caught a picnic bench and I dislocated my shoulder. Knew it immediately. As Patrol was trying to wrap me up for transport to the ER, I shrugged that shoulder and it slid back in on its own.

    Of course it happened on a Friday afternoon so I wont be able to get an ortho appointment until next week. I'd say it's likely my season is done. It wasn't a great season overall but the last 3 weeks have been very good. I was looking forward to a couple of minis in NoVT and possibly Maine to harvest the corn. That's off the table now. Ah well, there's always next year....

    Not looking for sympathy...I did this to myself and I will heal. This forum is just an easier way to get the word out to a ton of people I've met, bonded with, and skied with.

    Here's to a great Spring for all of you !
    Wow, random and that sucks. Heal up fast. Out of curiosity have you ever dislocated or damaged that shoulder before?

  14. #2164
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,847
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post

    Here's to a great Spring for all of you !
    damn MNIAW!
    not looking for sympathy but was hoping to run onto you at k this spring.

    sorry to hear and wishing you a quick recovery and the least tortuous PT.

    my season nearly *started* with an injury falling hard on ice in the lot at K. complete yardsale but somehow avoided knee trauma. luckier than smart there.

    there *was* a guy skiing superstar in a sling a bunch of springs back.
    he waa a complete kook...but just saying.

  15. #2165
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Less flat
    Posts
    3,489
    mniaw - don't fall for the beer & remote control hole too long. Yer fiddle fit... speedy recovery

    steady pelting graupel in the katzkill's
    ​I am not in your hurry

  16. #2166
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Wow, random and that sucks. Heal up fast. Out of curiosity have you ever dislocated or damaged that shoulder before?
    Nope, popped my cherry with this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    damn MNIAW!
    not looking for sympathy but was hoping to run onto you at k this spring.

    sorry to hear and wishing you a quick recovery and the least tortuous PT.

    my season nearly *started* with an injury falling hard on ice in the lot at K. complete yardsale but somehow avoided knee trauma. luckier than smart there.

    there *was* a guy skiing superstar in a sling a bunch of springs back.
    he waa a complete kook...but just saying.
    Maybe/maybe not on May at K. Even if I don't ski, the tailgating is worth the short trip. Hope to see you there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    mniaw - don't fall for the beer & remote control hole too long. Yer fiddle fit... speedy recovery
    Thnx R. Fit for my age mebbe but things definitely taking longer to heal than they used to.

  17. #2167
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Got out for a quick lap last night.

    Nice to have so much daylight.

    And the light on the ridge was great. The wind, not so much.

    The snow was bulletproof, but skiing is still fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    beatiful light - if snow firm. nice work.

  18. #2168
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    2,701
    Vibes MNIAW… heal fast and be ready for sailing season!

    Just getting back into range after a week at the hut in the Gaspe’. Preliminary reports are that an excellent time was had with Mrs. single, cat, danmelon, and some non-mag IRL friends.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9387674D-BCD9-474D-8B78-1F0A2F87A528.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	986.1 KB 
ID:	453108

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F396A2A-AC5D-4D96-AA66-E0FD1999C757.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	453111

  19. #2169
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Vibes MNIAW… heal fast and be ready for sailing season!

    Just getting back into range after a week at the hut in the Gaspe’. Preliminary reports are that an excellent time was had with Mrs. single, cat, danmelon, and some non-mag IRL friends.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9387674D-BCD9-474D-8B78-1F0A2F87A528.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	986.1 KB 
ID:	453108

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F396A2A-AC5D-4D96-AA66-E0FD1999C757.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	453111
    SCHWING!!!! In other news the Bottles are heading Back to the Saddle again on Monday. Can't Kwit that Shit!

  20. #2170
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    14,883
    big fat snowflakes coming down north of the border.

    beautiful preview, single.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  21. #2171
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    7,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    mniaw - don't fall for the beer & remote control hole too long. Yer fiddle fit... speedy recovery

    steady pelting graupel in the katzkill's
    That pic is classic for me. My dad spent his career as a marketing salesman for Texaco. They provided a roof and food for our family, but my dad always called them crooks half joking and half serious, but they treated him well!

    MNIAW...dude. Injuries happen when you least expect them. Of course, it didn't happen skiing when you were in A-game mode. It's when you're relaxed and ready for a beer. We're all jackasses, so can totally relate! I smashed my head last week on a low branch walking into an airbnb. My neck is tweaked...wtf! We're all with ya man! Heal up!

  22. #2172
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,801
    Heal up, MNIAW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    mniaw - don't fall for the beer & remote control hole too long. Yer fiddle fit... speedy recovery

    steady pelting graupel in the katzkill's
    It was a wild day at Platty for sure. How long did you stick it out?

  23. #2173
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    433
    Hopefully the fact that it went back in on it's own is a good sign. Heal fast!

  24. #2174
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,476
    Mniaw- heard neighbor telling Chris about someone who fell on deck - then found out it was you , sorry man!!

    that surface is treacherous !

  25. #2175
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Less flat
    Posts
    3,489
    11-2:40ish
    sparing the particularz
    Meat Grinder

    Prognosticated a sucker hole at 1pm that wasn't ever gonna get through and was so wrong

    Considered going left out, but hanging back for softer soon
    ​I am not in your hurry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •