Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    According to a friend
    riiiiiight

sometimes they are just for racer kids (with rich parents)

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Who the fuck schedules a demo day in November on a Wednesday?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

the crazy thing about this is 90 pounds. Limit for regular checked bag is 50, so 45 per bag, and a decent bag that can hold the full 50 is like 5 pounds. so this guy had two checked bags at the max weight full of weed. no clothes or anything in there. just open the bag and BOOM totally full of weed. BOTH BAGS. wow. just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...rport/3974880/

Relevant quote: "The spokesperson said that while the agency isn't looking for drugs specifically during inspections, when agents come across illicit substances, police get notified."

Kinda hard to miss 90 pounds. Put a bud in a prescription pill case or Tylenol container and the odds of trouble are lower than a snowstorm this weekend......

Weather change comes next week. Hang in there. Recommend proper homegrown medication in the meantime.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Who the fuck schedules a demo day in November on a Wednesday?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669910396.303775.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	919.9 KB 
ID:	436179

Did they have Bauers and CCMs?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    slatham bringing the lulz!

As Peruvian noted, I used to run the TSA at 16 airports in the Upstates. I dealt with 15 different police departments (Buffalo and Niagara Falls used the same popo). Not one of them would even respond to a call for recreational amounts and this was before weed was widely legalized or de-criminalized.

But understand Single's trepidation with licensure.
    I've been flying with weed for 30+ years. No fucks given. Before 911 they asked me if I had anything in my pockets and I pulled out my wooden one hitter and some money, laughed, and put it back in my pocket and walked thru. The guy had no idea what it was, nor did he care apparently.

Name:  CryingSoup.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  179.8 KB

Did they have Bauers and CCMs?
    More like companies that mass produce 90 day skis show casing their 110+ clown shoes and explaining to OGE how to tell potential buyers how hard they can hold a rail on ice.

In NY, simple possession up to just under an ounce was a $100 fine and a lecture from the judge even in the late 80's. It was a "violation", not even a misdemeanor. According to a friend. Twice. Apparently the lecture from the judge didn't have the desired effect.
    I don’t remember anybody even getting the stern lecture when I was a kid. I remember hearing about my friends being forced to dump their bag into the storm drain while a couple Rensselaer County deputies chuckled.

As those with an affinity for marijuana – or pop culture aficionados – can tell you, April 20, or 4/20, might as well be a national holiday.

That’s the day cannabis lovers celebrate the legendary weed. Legend has it that the most plausible historical origin of 4/20 came from the 1970s, when a group of California teenage buddies met each day at 4:20 p.m. to smoke marijuana, with the ritual soon spreading from there and the time stamp simply evolving to 4/20.

Of course, what was taboo 50 years ago is more accepted today. Medical marijuana dispensaries are nationwide, and most states have relaxed their laws on how much recreational marijuana a person can have.

Ah, but can you fly with it? (And by fly we mean literally, on an airplane, not metaphorically.)

The short answer is, no. And, at the same time, sort of.

According to the Transportation Security Administration, “Marijuana and certain cannabis-infused products, including some Cannabidiol (CBD) oil, remain illegal under federal law except for products that contain no more than 0.3 percent THC on a dry weight basis or that are approved by FDA. (See the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, Pub. L. 115-334.) TSA officers are required to report any suspected violations of law to local, state or federal authorities.”

There’s your hard no. Marijuana is still illegal to fly with.

However…

“TSA’s screening procedures are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers. Accordingly, TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs, but if any illegal substance is discovered during security screening, TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.”

There’s your ‘sort of.’

It’s a risk you, as a passenger, will have to take. The TSA takes jurisdiction over airline policy when it comes to marijuana and will refer you to the proper authorities if they find it.

If they find it being the key phrase.

For instance, when the state of New York last year legalized the recreational possession of up to three ounces of cannabis, TSA spokesperson Lisa Farbstein admitted the strange dichotomy of the interpretation of the law. Farbstein said TSA officers aren’t looking for marijuana, but have a legal duty to report it if they find more than three ounces of the stuff.

“There has been no change in the way that TSA handles marijuana or other drugs that TSA officers come across when they are performing their security duties,” Farbstein told Gotham Magazine.

Benjamin Branham, a spokesman for the Port Authority, which operates John F. Kennedy International Airport and LaGuardia Airport in New York City, said:

“New Yorkers 21 years old and older can possess, obtain and transport up to three ounces of cannabis. Therefore, PAPD does not issue tickets, seize or arrest for this amount at New York airports.”

Another point to consider is where you are traveling to as a final destination. While society might be more accepting of limited marijuana use, only 18 states – less than half – have legalized cannabis for recreational use.

So while you might think you’ve dodged a bullet by getting your stash past the TSA checkpoint, you still might have to deal with state laws depending on where you arrive.

Critical information added to this VERY IMPORTANT topic.

I'll be back later with more cut and paste articles from the Interwebz. No need to thank me in advance.

So I bought an Indy pass add on, thinking I would ride lifts more this year. I was hoping to ski Waterville Valley early, but looking like they won’t open until 12/10. Cannon is supposed to open Saturday and be open next week. Not much information yet. JHyatt, anyone else have much information?

First avalanche bulletin issued for chic chocs today. Grim there too with thick breakable crust

Dude! Have the brainworms won already??? ^^^

FFS Get a grip!

meant for one[1]post above you Cat

Midweek turns, though fairly boring are unfettered

Name:	20221201_115107.jpg 
Size:	671.6 KB 
ID:	436266

Of course turn around and the wind is back!

Name:	20221201_115111.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	884.2 KB 
ID:	436271

Flounder beat me to it, thought I had seen this before. Not many takers today and the tents were leaning against the locked cabins, lol.

Name:	20221201_115342#1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	436262

Burned off to thinness coverage

Name:	20221201_112816.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	436264

Name:	20221201_080813.jpg 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	436265

Nice runoff stream from the snoillogic ground gun, thanks win!

Name:	20221201_120335.jpg 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	436267

GH had a bunch of wet guns running requiring goggle shielding, meh. Leaving saw a few Green Coat Coaches from yesterday guarding a dozen pair of poles top-o-GH. Morning webcam revealed GMX/Summit running and a group of gcmvs blackcoats and a dog? heading up early. Later saw Elbow fenced so south should be empetee midweek from now on.

Beef Birria FML Second time cooking this up last two weeks.

Name:	20221201_201308.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	436272

popped up in my feed
    Someone is going to Chicago soon and should report on this place. Fk MTaco, $3.75 for one of these? bump to 6:20

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Dude! Have the brainworms won already??? ^^^

FFS Get a grip!

meant for one[1]post above you Cat

Midweek turns, though fairly boring are unfettered

Name:	20221201_115107.jpg 
Size:	671.6 KB 
ID:	436266

Of course turn around and the wind is back!

Name:	20221201_115111.jpg 
Size:	884.2 KB 
ID:	436271

Flounder beat me to it, thought I had seen this before. Not many takers today and the tents were leaning against the locked cabins, lol.

Name:	20221201_115342#1.jpg 
ID:	436262

Burned off to thinness coverage

Name:	20221201_112816.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	436264

Name:	20221201_080813.jpg 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	436265

Nice runoff stream from the snoillogic ground gun, thanks win!

Name:	20221201_120335.jpg 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	436267

GH had a bunch of wet guns running requiring goggle shielding, meh. Leaving saw a few Green Coat Coaches from yesterday guarding a dozen pair of poles top-o-GH. Morning webcam revealed GMX/Summit running and a group of gcmvs blackcoats and a dog? heading up early. Later saw Elbow fenced so south should be empetee midweek from now on.

Beef Birria FML Second time cooking this up last two weeks.

Name:	20221201_201308.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	436272

popped up in my feed
    Someone is going to Chicago soon and should report on this place. Fk MTaco, $3.75 for one of these? bump to 6:20

Thank you for your pictures of snow. The brain worms are at rest. I hope.

Yep, taco and a cup of broth for dipping is bliss.

Name:	20221201_211953.jpg 
Views:	82 
ID:	436278

PS forgot to mention, threw out the rain gauge yesterday ; 1 1/4" and not quite 5/8" snow today
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 12-01-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    So I bought an Indy pass add on, thinking I would ride lifts more this year. I was hoping to ski Waterville Valley early, but looking like they won’t open until 12/10. Cannon is supposed to open Saturday and be open next week. Not much information yet. JHyatt, anyone else have much information?
    Yes cannon will open. First day with the new RFID system and there was no advance season pass pickup (or employee training) so it will be "chaotic". Employees asked not to ski unless working on snow.
    Also 100% chance of rain Saturday.
    Also you should check but I am pretty sure Indy pass is blacked out at Cannon all weekends and holidays. Midweek only.

Skiing not looking awesome in the western whites. It was warm all week and last weekend wasn't great.

USA v Netherlands Saturday 10 am is my suggestion. Stack wood. Ski Loon?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Let's close the book on flying with weed.

Is it illegal? Technically, yes.

Is there even the slightest chance in hell you're going to get popped for under an ounce? The answer is a hard no. Except maybe in Utah so make sure you smoke what you brung to the Beehive State.

TSA Spokesperson has to say what the law sez but the reality on the ground is much different. The Security Officers may well report finding it but that's where it ends. Explosives are organic compounds and the screening machines highlight those. That's generally how they find it. But the federal law is enforced by local Law Enforcement and they don't want to be bothered. I've been out of that game for 7 years but nothing has changed. Hell, maybe even Utah has relaxed a little since I left.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    USA v Netherlands Saturday 10 am is my suggestion.
    Yup and UVM vs Syracuse at 2pm should round out a rainy Fall day. I’m heading to SoVT to hang with friends and maybe make some cannabutter/oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Yup and UVM vs Syracuse at 2pm should round out a rainy Fall day. I’m heading to SoVT to hang with friends and maybe make some cannabutter/oil.
    Is the UVM match available on TV/online?

Is the UVM match available on TV/online?
    ESPN+

Let's close the book on flying with weed.

Is it illegal? Technically, yes.

Is there even the slightest chance in hell you're going to get popped for under an ounce? The answer is a hard no. Except maybe in Utah so make sure you smoke what you brung to the Beehive State.

TSA Spokesperson has to say what the law sez but the reality on the ground is much different. The Security Officers may well report finding it but that's where it ends. Explosives are organic compounds and the screening machines highlight those. That's generally how they find it. But the federal law is enforced by local Law Enforcement and they don't want to be bothered. I've been out of that game for 7 years but nothing has changed. Hell, maybe even Utah has relaxed a little since I left.
    Edibles. Too easy.

Name:	IMG_6887.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	436369

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

Name:	IMG_6887.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	436369

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's better with beer in it. In the late 80s a place I worked in BTV had a beer cheese soup that was damn good. Catamount Ale was the beer we used

It's better with beer in it. In the late 80s a place I worked in BTV had a beer cheese soup that was damn good. Catamount Ale was the beer we used
    These days it’s better with cannabutter.