Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    Amazing how good the fake snow can be eh. No real ice this season while we have no real snow. This incoming storm looks like a good base builder.

Not much sliding in the last week after visiting friends and family up north with some camping at Pinery thrown in. Got the family together for our Christmas get together and had a terrific time. Skiing was relegated to second fiddle.

Forecast in London is a mix of snow and freezing rain for the next two days. Get out the Goretex.

Your conditions look fine Paulster. Tailgate is the icing on that cake.
    I'll be out tomorrow morning no matter what, just to check it out. Ice pellets? That's sort of like snow - I'll take it.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-02-22 082124.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  10.2 KB

Nobody will be the wiser...

This storm that the are hyping is now saying 15-25cms. My fingers are crossed.

So, last night I get an email from Glen Eden, saying due to inclement weather they are delaying opening until 10:00am this morning. Ummm, what? Sort of ruined my plans to be there at 8 and ski for an hour or so before work, but I was prepared to show up with skins anyway.

This morning - storm was a dud. Looks like 10cm of... stuff, mostly ice pellets. Not worth the hassle - I'd be there if they were open at 8, though.

Will be awesome north of the GTA.

The storm petered out in the NCR. I would say 5-6 cm overnight. We are supposed to get some more during the day, so night skiing should be fun.

10 plus at blue this morning. Good fun!!

One cm of snow followed by an inch and a half of ice pellets. Another lunch bag letdown storm in SW Ontario. Boler didn't open until 4:30 yesterday. Likely cleaning the lifts so that nobody slid off.

Not bad this morning with a half inch of fresh on very firm along with sunshine. Love to see what I'm sliding on. Some funky grooming ruts were easy to see.

Guessing that this is why one of the lifts was down and no grooming happened over night Tuesday into Wednesday.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...tain-chairlift

Oh damn, could have been worse I suppose but you still hate to read that. And the randomness of being hit be a falling tree? Yikes. I mountain bike tons, almost always solo and the thought of that has always freaked me out.

Skied in Paulster's backyard today at Glen Eden. No pics, too cold lol but superb snow quality. Fast snow and super easy to get the edges aggressively working. Maybe Blue can borrow some of your groomers to school the Collingwood folks on how it's done!

No tailgate action but we stopped at the Grind in Georgetown - great burgers, best fries around and really respectable prices, such a refreshing treat for this cheap bastard. Highly recommended!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230224_185200710.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	449153

There is snow up north. This morning's chair:

Name:  chair 2 24 23.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  60.0 KB
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Best snow of the season today at the old Mt. Milton.

Was snowing pretty good - 3cm on top of the new groomed ice pellet base with man-made mixed in really goes a long way!

Name:	IMG_5758.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	449213

Name:	IMG_5759.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	449214

Jimbo the OG was there, as always.

Name:	IMG_5757.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	449215

We actually had fun today, which is something I can’t say has been happening here in Ontario on a regular basis.

The old lady was lookin’ fine, too!

Name:	IMG_5768.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	339.8 KB 
ID:	449216

Funny that 2 or 3 inches of fresh can be the best conditions of the season. Boler was very nice this morning as well. Get ready for ice storm 2.0 on Monday.

Sneaker storm dropped a solid 10cm in the NCR overnight / early morning.

Tack Ullr!

Another good morning at GE. Place was packed by the time we left at 11:00. Should've taken a pic of my borderline parking spot, I've got parking at this place down to a fine art.

Nice to see Ontario with a proper bit of winter. I skied Alpine for an hour this morning. Was pretty good!

Right?! Finally.

Had the pleasure of what I call the February trifecta weekend - downhill ski Friday, cross country ski Saturday, fat bike today. So nice to finally have some decent snow. We'll leave next weeks forecast out of this hopefully.. Get it while it's good!

Snowing big time here so I thought I'd get some turns in. Yah. No. They closed at three when I got there because of wind. Arrrgghhh! Negotiating the roads home was fun. Inertia? Something you need to get up slippery roads? Two parking brake turns to take different routes along with side streets when people managed to get stuck sideways across busy roads. Old man yells at clouds, nobody listens. My wife just smiles

29cm forecasted for Friday night. Actual snow, not these stupid ice pellets and freezing rain. Saturday am is the last kids' lesson so it's shaping up to be a memorable one.

The storm DELIVERS! Snowed really hard all night, albeit some good old fashioned Sierra Cement™️. Great coverage at GE, and smiles and stoke across the board. Keep it coming!!

Name:	IMG_5780.JPG 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	450343

Name:	IMG_5795.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	450344

Name:	IMG_5797.JPG 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	450345

And back to the backyard for Après. I love the March sun!!

Name:	IMG_5798.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	450346

Fuck yeah!

All told, I bet we got 25-30cm in the NCR.

I shovelled a solid 15cm off my driveway at 7:00am, and it was snowing good until around 2pm.

Best day of the year - so far - in the NCR. Better late than never is the theme for this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuck ya!! Way to get at it!
    Anyone else hear the thunder last night during the snow storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

I shovelled a solid 15cm off my driveway at 7:00am, and it was snowing good until around 2pm.

Best day of the year - so far - in the NCR. Better late than never is the theme for this winter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OttawaWxRec...tm_name=iossmf

And yeah, it’s was still going after noon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

Yup. Cascades was fun. It was easily boot top and no lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Fuck ya!! Way to get at it!
    Anyone else hear the thunder last night during the snow storm?
    Yeah that was wild. Had ducked out onto the porch with the bong when it started. 10/10!

Tailgate with a view…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5804.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	679.4 KB 
ID:	450516