Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Looks like MS-MSL. Did they leave any powder for you?

Some of your pics from GE show that grooming was left to mother nature. If they had not groomed here at Boler it would have kept ski patrol very busy. Super thick 15 cms was some of the heaviest snow that I have ever shovelled.

Any reports from Limberlost and the tele day yesterday? Had hoped to make it there but the cards didn't align. Maybe I can make the next gathering?

More snow in the forecast tomorrow with a decent long ranger.

Ontario 2022-23 - Yours To Discover

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    Looks like MS-MSL. Did they leave any powder for you?

Some of your pics from GE show that grooming was left to mother nature. If they had not groomed here at Boler it would have kept ski patrol very busy. Super thick 15 cms was some of the heaviest snow that I have ever shovelled.

Any reports from Limberlost and the tele day yesterday? Had hoped to make it there but the cards didn't align. Maybe I can make the next gathering?

It was thick melty slush all day, which is better than ice so I don’t mind. Will probably not go back though - the amount of selfish morons in the lift lines is too much. Told a lady it wasn’t her turn and you’re supposed to alternate (hence the sign) and I got sworn at. This is fine, but in front of her kid and my kids? Cmon pick better words. I told her it’s okay and she can try harder in the line on the next run, I won’t give up on her.
    Other people all seem to be in some sort of mad stampede rush to get to the loading area as well, it’s all so poorly designed and chaotic. Also there’s a certain demographic that seems to be the worst of the bunch when it comes to simple common courtesy, but these things are better explained in person IYKWIM.

Anyway, we all had fun. And the kids said it was worth it, too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5808.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	450542

Kids are gross.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    - the amount of selfish morons in the lift lines is too much. Told a lady it wasn’t her turn and you’re supposed to alternate (hence the sign) and I got sworn at. This is fine, but in front of her kid and my kids?
    When adults (esp. along with their kids) bud in the lift line it drives me absolutely mental. Little kids being clueless, or preteens thinking they're being badass I can easily ignore. But when grown ass adults are demonstrating that bs "me first' attitude it tends to make this generally calm if not quiet individual to call them out. And yes, them reacting by swearing back is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    When adults (esp. along with their kids) bud in the lift line it drives me absolutely mental. Little kids being clueless, or preteens thinking they're being badass I can easily ignore. But when grown ass adults are demonstrating that bs "me first' attitude it tends to make this generally calm if not quiet individual to call them out. And yes, them reacting by swearing back is the norm.
    This is why it's important to have the Lift Line Police. Especially with the 6+ person lifts, because for some reason skiers can't count past 4.

Blue does a lot of things poorly but when things are slammed they do a great job marshaling the merges into perfect 'sixes' to load on the chairs. (of course, when things are that busy, they kinda have to be so efficient lol)

Tuesday was great. Super fast and really fun carvey snow. Best day of the year for me, but that obviously isn't saying a lot.

One thing I don't get - usually at this time of year when there's very little natural snow there are some pretty large icy areas in high traffic spots. This year there's very little ice. I would have assumed a base that's basically all man made snow would be more prone to icing? Or maybe just less traffic over all maybe. I dunno, but I'll take it.

Mostly walk on lifts, this was the busiest I saw it.

Name:	PXL_20230307_192728032.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	451060

Also they've got (a very short) snow cross style trail going. Just rollers and a few banked turns but is a fun twist.

Nice!

And yeah I'd understand the MSLM lift line shitshow if a lift ticket was still $70 but it's $110 for the day now - they need to hire some staff to run those lines, at least when it's busy from 11am-2pm on Sat/Sun.

Even Glen Eden gets people out there to assemble us dumb skiers and snowboarders in to 4's for cryin' out loud! Like, it's Ontario - the skiing sucks, the least we can do it make the lift experience as enjoyable as possible.

Glen Eden closing weekend coming up. Will be there Sunday morning first thing, tailgate at 11:00, and leaving by noon. If it's raining, well, I'll probably be alone since my kids aren't really in to that sort of thing.

Not in the cards for me but have fun. You ski in the rain too? I love it every now and then. Well, for an hour or so anyway. Nothing like having the trails to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Not in the cards for me but have fun. You ski in the rain too? I love it every now and then. Well, for an hour or so anyway. Nothing like having the trails to yourself.
    Life is too short to ski in the rain. Well, the skiing part is okay, I just hate dealing with all that soaked gear when I get home.

Sunday is supposed to be sunny and 6C, so we'll see.

Well, windstorm rolled through on Saturday night, and operations were shut down due to a power outage on Sunday.

"Thanks for a great season!" Yeah I don't think so. Maybe next year.

Damn. Usually get pretty bummed this time of year but with the season we had I'm almost glad it's (close to) over.

Hit BM yesterday, it was deserted. This pic shows a good angle but there's tons of brown everywhere and they were down to less than 50% open. On the bright side I may have broken even of my pass lol. Yikes.

Next year can only be better. Right?!

Name:	PXL_20230327_183621621.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	453568

Just had a bunch of laps at Blue. Lots of skiing left here!

It was a good day, sorry for the late reply. Some fresh snow on the crust, people had fun. The skin up/ski down at Hidden Valley has been rescheduled from April 1 to April 2. If your lifts aren't running it is a great chance to get some exercise and turns. It's a WWHSTA members-only event but you can join up online ahead of time at wwhsta.org.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

It was a good day, sorry for the late reply. Some fresh snow on the crust, people had fun. The skin up/ski down at Hidden Valley has been rescheduled from April 1 to April 2. If your lifts aren't running it is a great chance to get some exercise and turns. It's a WWHSTA members-only event but you can join up online ahead of time at wwhsta.org.

A couple of pics from WTD (not my images):

Turns at Limberlost:

Name:	WTD for TGR.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	453704

Aerial view the cabin at the "Top of the World" courtesy of Scott Turnbull Photography:

Name:	LL drone tele day.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	922.8 KB 
ID:	453707
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Beautiful!

Holy shit Blue's main lift was closed for a day due to a direct lightning strike! I assume it was in that early morning storm. Must be ok, it's back up and running today.

https://twitter.com/BlueMtnResort/st...25193506967554

Skiings still good up this way!! Next week looks to be a hot slushy beer drinking week like spring should be!

Somebody needs to start a new nanner for Ontario. Guessing that several resorts have already opened? Haven't skied yet so maybe if you have been sliding start this season.

Missed a chance at x-country in Pinery Provincial Park at the beginning of November. Went to camp in the park and discovered that they had half a foot of dense the day before we got there. Still slidable when we arrived but alas, had bikes and canoe.

Boler made a lot of snow and just noticed that it has been spread out on the runs. Thinking they'll open before the weekend even with the crap weather they have had lately.

Woot!

Somebody needs to start a new nanner for Ontario. Guessing that several resorts have already opened? Haven't skied yet so maybe if you have been sliding start this season.

Missed a chance at x-country in Pinery Provincial Park at the beginning of November. Went to camp in the park and discovered that they had half a foot of dense the day before we got there. Still slidable when we arrived but alas, had bikes and canoe.

Boler made a lot of snow and just noticed that it has been spread out on the runs. Thinking they'll open before the weekend even with the crap weather they have had lately.

Woot!
    I was in ski country on the weekend (Wasaga area). Trust me, it ain't worth posting about yet - had beta on the conditions at MSLM and was told to not even bring my stuff. Looking like early Jan before anything gets decent, might be a polar vortex shift or something right after xmas. Shitty start here.

Once it snows in the GTA and I have a pretty picture to share, I will!

Call it the 2024 thread. Since there's no reason to mention 2023 lol..