Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Got in a Willy's hike to snorkel nose today before the masses hammered it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HS6sfME.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	451761

Y chute is looking so nice, hopefully they can get that open soon

^^^^Looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Got in a Willy's hike to snorkel nose today before the masses hammered it.

Name:	HS6sfME.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	451761

Nice, me too, at the end of the day. Pretty nice to show up at 2pm and still get a few wall laps in.

Apparently it could've gone yesterday but most of their avy techs were at some class, so hopefully today!

I opted to do the last sidestep into corner, crazy it was filled in enough to be quite straight forward, usually some big rocks at the entrance. Also great to see the rappel into 2nd notch buried, could just ski right into it.

Name:	IMG_1802.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	451801

Name:	IMG_1824.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	451802

No Taos or Bridger days for 23-24 passes. I'll still renew, but the loss of Taos is a bummer.

Edit: $85 tickets for Taos. Possibly cheaper to use the 50% off MC resort deal depending on the date
    Last edited by ColMan; 03-16-2023 at 12:12 PM.

They got tree chute 7, 8 and Y opened by afternoon today. Ripped one off the traverse quick then grabbed my pack to do North Y. got a little heavy in there but still skied really good, some zipper crust down at the bottom of below the traverse. good couple of days of getting up on the east wall!

no more pay $50 now then the remainder in september as it has been the past number of years, you have got to pay full or go through affirm for a payment plan. went to put my $50 down last night and wasn't expecting that so haven't made any moves yet.

East wall didn’t open yesterday 3/30. Patrol got a decent slab to cut out in corner pocket. More wind today. Steep gullies were chalky and good.

They closed all upper lifts yesterday afternoon when I was there

Anyone go today? I went to copper.

wondering how tomorrow is shaping up

took some pali laps before work and it was real blowy up there as you could imagine. I dropped into spine area just past the cornice and had the thing where I wasn't sure if I was moving or not before just slamming into a drift and toppling over. nothing to do but laugh that one off. snow was a bit variable but really nice spots, some decent loading on the face but more protected areas skied a little better. The tops of bumps were quite firm and fast followed by grabby wind load in between the troughs, was also kicking off a bunch of weird little sluffs from the top two inches of heavy wind load. looks like tomorrow could be nice and I would think it will ski even better but I don't think the wind is really supposed to stop so theres that

Fucking gaper day. At least it didn’t get tracked out too fast because everyone was pounding beers in the lot until 9.

Yeah holy smokes. Skied 8:30-11 and got powder turns all morning plus Pali line was never really that bad (seen worse on normal powder Saturdays) but holy shit I’d never seen a line of traffic like that to park in the morning. I know the pass was closed but still. Soo many cars parked on the highway when I left too.

The people participating in gaper day were in fact themselves gapers. Great skiing tho!

A-Basin skiers can eat a bag of dicks

Yep, skiing was great. Snow was better than copper yesterday. Not as heavy and sticky.

I left shortly after you. Came back up the pass at 2 and they were towing the dumb fucks who didn’t realize they parked perpendicular across the right lane of the last passing zone before the Basin.

Probably some real life April Fools going on right now as these spunions get back to find their cars are gone!

Y

The people participating in gaper day were in fact themselves gapers. Great skiing tho!
    Can't be overstated enough
    Seriously

Showed up at 1p and hiked a few laps on the EW. I wonder how many cars got towed. It was madness in the parking lots, but on the hill was pretty mellow. Glad i went. Last laps were windy as hell. Hope it buffs out the spine for tomorrow.

Haha they Highway Patrol put it on twitter

https://twitter.com/csp_eagle/status...8dg3wEQF0fLQkg

Haha I was just going to post this. What fucking idiots.

Name:	IMG_9251.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	914.6 KB 
ID:	454112

Never read the comments certainly applies. Is that ski area overflow or what?

Saw this chick dressed up in an easter bunny thong suit bending over to put on her ski boots on the side of the road. Big ol white ass in the air, bunny ears, and all. It was entertaining to say the least. Lots of people bailed on going up that day or turned around because of traffic. I think I just got lucky and persevered past the madness to get on the hill and got some great skiing in without having to really interact with any of the debauchery in the parking lot. People seemed to be having a good time though, nothing wrong with that. It definitely still wasn't as crazy as the old Cardboard Derby days.

The parking on the side of the road thing was typical and the sheriff was clearly prepared and very efficient at the towing. Honestly though, why not just prepare for the madness and have a plan of action to allow people to park on the side of the road for one day?

^^^ because as you know STUPIDITY and SUMMIT COUNTY go hand in hand a match made in heaven

you let it slide one day to be nice and people will take it as an ok to do the other 364 days a year

just like the guy with the 100lb pack full of rei gear floundering around on victoria and peak 1 for 16 hrs and finally had to call search and rescue even though there is four skin tracks and endless ski tracks up there
    if dumb shit can happen it happens in scummit

There were plenty of cars parked parallel on the side of the road that I’m sure were not towed.

Still dangerous with those fuel tankers cruising up and down the pass, but at least parking parallel on the side shows some amount of common sense compared to the fucking morons above.

Side note: Every time I look at that picture I lol at the backed-in F-150.

^^^ yes, re: the F150.

That’s a decently long walk back down to those vehicles from AB. Imagine the panic/horror/confusion after a day of drinking and partying, you’re walking down the shoulder in a bunny thong, turn that last corner, and see no vehicles parked where you are sure you parked. LMFAO.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^ yes, re: the F150.

That’s a decently long walk back down to those vehicles from AB. Imagine after a day of drinking and partying, you’re walking down the shoulder, turn that last corner, and see no vehicles parked. LMFAO.
    I saw this happen in real life. Obviously the people weren't skiing Pali or else they would have seen the sheriff and a bunch of tow. trucks doing their thing.

I mean...expect maximum retardation and be surprised when it isn't?

The apres "changing into my driving clothes" scene has basically turned into OnlyFans it seems. If it happens at Winter Park I can't even imagine what goes down at the cool places. I guess when chick more or less take photos of their business in the mirror at the gym with the "what do you think?" lookback it's to be expected.

Let do the math. Bluebird day+powder day+Saturday+Gaper day+A-bay!= Embrace the Chaos!

Not like Al didn’t see it coming. I appreciate the fact they weren't searching peoples back packs at the lift this year. Recycling bins were set up at the lift and full of beer cans. But maybe talk to Keystone about parking people at the conference center and bussing them up? Something?