Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Seems so. I can't understand why he would go to A Basin for wrod though. So many other options, so much better. A Basin primetime is May/June or sometimes powder days.

I'm enjoying the racer kids this year, can't say exactly why.
    Yup, like mountain biking, hiking etc.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    As a not-old patroller who got hit while standing still on the side of a run at Loveland last weekend, yeah -- sometimes we ask people to chill the fuck out during the busiest hours on the busiest days. We also had one of our senior paid patrollers get nailed by a racer the same day.

You won't find any speed enforcement when things are less busy. Try skiing weekdays or after 2pm.
    I get it and am not against it under those conditions, it was just a little baffling to be lectured about speed with guys flying by on powder skis at literally 2x the speed any of us had been skiing. Again, really old patroller who seemed a little confused, but still...anyway, better than A-Basin.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    .. it was just a little baffling to be lectured about speed with guys flying by on powder skis at literally 2x the speed any of us had been skiing...
    That was probably Ken. And we all know that he is the best skier on the mountain .

Put on the foil for the AB WROD...

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Yup, like mountain biking, hiking etc.
    Sure, but the skiing is good at other locations and plenty to choose from.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

But it’s not A-BAAAAY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Are we ready to transition this thread in to the 22-23 Abay STOKE Thread now?

When are they going to open Pali?

I was on here a while back looking for a singular Cochise 130 replacement - because I got hit hard enough from a snowboarder to crack my boot down the center. While chilling on the side of a run. Cracked some of my ribs too.

Generally agree though: I don't ski abasin until much later. March at the earliest; by then the "rad" crowd has started to call it quits or spend the majority of their time Apres-ing at the bottom with bloody Marys. Early skiing at abasin, keystone, and copper are no-goes for me. Too many opportunities for a bad time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

A-Basin skiers can eat a bag of dicks

A-Basin is a poor choice until April.
    Tell your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    That was probably Ken. And we all know that he is the best skier on the mountain .
    I watched him eat shit on home run the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Are we ready to transition this thread in to the 22-23 Abay STOKE Thread now?

When are they going to open Pali?
    the steep gullies look GTG

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Tell your friends.
    Not true! It’s the best place to use your Ikon Pass early season. I highly recommend burning, I mean shredding, 5-7 days before January!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Why is there anything wrong with this? And why are you so judgmental?

TGR is slowly reaching equal footing with a Facebook comments thread.
    Not being sarcastic - I am saying how I like the tradition of how everyone does that during A Basin preseason. It's cute and gets me all hyped

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I heard you get a sweet ikonic sticker in the mail if you use all your Arapahoe Basin days up in November.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Tell your friends.
    Yeah way too many rocks out there

I got nothing to add except Dexter needs to stay EC if he can’t handle the real skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    I heard you get a sweet ikonic sticker in the mail if you use all your Arapahoe Basin days up in November.

Do ewww!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Sure, but the skiing is good at other locations and plenty to choose from.
    Upper elevations are fucking frigid right now. As a dirtbag outdoorsman that camps to support their habits I prefer the warmer places for general recreation before things come into prime conditions. I know, I'm the outlier on this forum but I absolutely hate the cold these days! It's an unfortunate result from living and working in the outdoors.

OR...... it's not, I mean I grab the best elevations for primo recreation results during every season and honestly it doesn't suck at all.

I'm about ready to spend most of my time working, trail building that is and do about six weeks a winter actually skiing somewhere I really want to be. That's all I need these days.

Taos is my main objective after two years right now. I gotta get my kid through high school right now but after that I can go pretty darn nomadic. I'm getting really fired up for that!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Did you get beat up by the Team Summit free ride team? Those kids are pricks.
    Can you sarcasm meter this for me or elaborate please?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Dexter, are you one of those people who bring the east coast racer kids out in November and treat the 1-2 runs that are open as racecourses for 'early season training'?
    Dexter is more into the race scene than us. I am pretty sure he posted the inspiration that convinced me to sign my daughter up with a Beartooth camp. We do our early camps here where WRODS are a bit more settled.. Why go to Colorado for basically the same thing for ten times the money and the I70 vibe on and off the hill? I get it for people with more resources than us that want extraordinary coaching but otherwise...meh. Also, sounds like Dex is byo coach so maybe only 2x or 3x the money.

I'd rather spend the money going to Hood or Beartooth in the summer.

But also, ski your local WROD if you have it. We're going here this weekend. Stepson, who used to get mad at us for making him go skiing, will be at Copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That needed to be asked. In my experience the Jr. Race teams are a big part of the problem.

Hey we agree on something finally. Can’t fucking stand these little d bags that turn limited terrain into their fucking training days. First off most of them suck, second go rent a fucking lane, like in Europe.

ABayyyyyy is as much to blame for allowing it, as dex is for going there early season, unless of course dex didn’t even have the decency to let them know he was coming with a band of heathens.

sorry. That early season race shit triggers the fuck out of me. But then he will really complain when he goes to Europe and realizes A-Basin really wasn’t bad in the least.

the butt hurt isoverwhelming
    I almost feel bad for everyone with a severe case of the butthurt
    if your not having fun when your skiing your doing something wrong

Hey how about that? FF and I agree on something as well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    the butt hurt isoverwhelming
    I almost feel bad for everyone with a severe case of the butthurt
    if your not having fun when your skiing your doing something wrong
    So, we can officially rename ABasin to >Preparation-H Basin?
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    So, we can officially rename ABasin to >Preparation-H Basin?
    come on your confusing a great ski area with people who have too much sand in their pussy
    everyone I know that was there yesterday had a great time
    unfortunately I had shit day at work and was full of butt hurt I don't ever seem to get butt burnt when I'm skiing though

Can I eat a bag of dicks even if I don't ski ABay?