Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    It’s called trolling guys.

Guy is already at the line up for hunters opening

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Go on. We need the deets.
    OK, sorry, didn't see this thread had responses last time I checked...

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I mean, early season colorado/california WROD douchebaggery should be expected, should it not?
    Yeah, it was just the degree, not the existence of WROD douchebaggery. Basically I had more close encounters with aggro skiers/boarders in three days at A-Basin than I've had in...ten years everywhere else? It was nearly every run, including two times when if I hadn't thrown them sideways guys would've collided with me (both were morons intent on hitting stupid jumps at trail intersections). I came within a few inches of getting taken out by a snowboarder who washed out on snow above me while going 40+, and one of the girls in the group I was coaching did get hit by some dude who came down on top of her (she and I both checked above her before she started) but, instead of avoiding her, yelled "Look out!" a moment before hitting her (she was OK).

Just that kind of thing, which I do expect on limited WROD terrain, but again, the volume of it and frequency was shocking. Had one longtime A-Basin skier tell me the people there are inherently entitled for some reason, and another compared them to Alta skiers in how they approach the hill. It was kind of like we were surrounded by people who thought they were going to win some kind of November, WROD freeskiing competition by going too fast in close proximity to other people (and hitting dumb jumps regardless of who was near take-offs/landings).

Things significantly better at Loveland, although over there some of the (older) patrollers were a little too hyper about speed enforcement but also oddly blind to what was really happening around them. Anyway...it actually made me appreciate the EC a little bit. Just not enjoyable to constantly worry about guys who were skiing pretty far over their heads in some cases.

I've skied A-Basin a bunch with better coverage and always liked it, ftr. But this was beyond annoying.
    [quote][//quote]

pretty conclusive evidence of the facts right there.

If the fact you're referring to is that A-Basin skiers last week were typically bag full of dick eaters, then yes, I agree.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    OK, sorry, didn't see this thread had responses last time I checked...

Yeah, it was just the degree, not the existence of WROD douchebaggery. Basically I had more close encounters with aggro skiers/boarders in three days at A-Basin than I've had in...ten years everywhere else? It was nearly every run, including two times when if I hadn't thrown them sideways guys would've collided with me (both were morons intent on hitting stupid jumps at trail intersections). I came within a few inches of getting taken out by a snowboarder who washed out on snow above me while going 40+, and one of the girls in the group I was coaching did get hit by some dude who came down on top of her (she and I both checked above her before she started) but, instead of avoiding her, yelled "Look out!" a moment before hitting her (she was OK).

Just that kind of thing, which I do expect on limited WROD terrain, but again, the volume of it and frequency was shocking. Had one longtime A-Basin skier tell me the people there are inherently entitled for some reason, and another compared them to Alta skiers in how they approach the hill. It was kind of like we were surrounded by people who thought they were going to win some kind of November, WROD freeskiing competition by going too fast in close proximity to other people (and hitting dumb jumps regardless of who was near take-offs/landings).

Things significantly better at Loveland, although over there some of the (older) patrollers were a little too hyper about speed enforcement but also oddly blind to what was really happening around them. Anyway...it actually made me appreciate the EC a little bit. Just not enjoyable to constantly worry about guys who were skiing pretty far over their heads in some cases.

I've skied A-Basin a bunch with better coverage and always liked it, ftr. But this was beyond annoying.
    Thanks big dawg!

That pretty much explains it.

The OP is simply angry that his home hill isn't open yet. And that there was typical WROD going on at the one of a few ski areas that is open.
    Can't we all just get along?
    It's not even Thanksgiving.

Dexter flew from the east coast to CO for the wrod. He’s part of the problem. Talk about clueless

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    The OP is simply angry that his home hill isn't open yet. And that there was typical WROD going on at the one of a few ski areas that is open.
    Can't we all just get along?
    It's not even Thanksgiving.
    Been at plenty of areas under similar conditions, as have the other skiers I was with (everyone remarked on how strange the behavior was compared to other places). This was pretty different, and even different from Loveland.

Unfortunately I no longer really expect my home hill to be open at this time of year...not angry, was happy to be there, just surprised that the shitshow was that much of a shitshow.
    [quote][//quote]

You reference the WROD, even define it in your complaint of said white ribbon of death and then complain about it and are surprised??

Interdasting

Yes, you understood perfectly.

R
    E
    A
    D
    I
    N
    G

smh
    [quote][//quote]

Been at plenty of areas under similar conditions, as have the other skiers I was with (everyone remarked on how strange the behavior was compared to other places). This was pretty different, and even different from Loveland.
    Well, Loveland has love in it's name.
    Arap is just a Ho.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Dex is getting an “OK Boomer” from me

Yes, you understood perfectly.

R
    E
    A
    D
    I
    N
    G

smh
    At least I didnt write it

Right on.

It

Ho Bay
    watch out for snakes

I'd say save some money and go to Europe next time, but the number of people going fast on the freeski pistes without much regard for the space around them (or lack thereof) was decidedly worse than I've seen in the US, and I spent seven years skiing at Killington.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

I feel like this is a slow pitch for Greg for AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I'd say save some money and go to Europe next time, but the number of people going fast on the freeski pistes without much regard for the space around them (or lack thereof) was decidedly worse than I've seen in the US, and I spent seven years skiing at Killington.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app
    Never been in Euroland for WROD season--the food would make it worthwhile. But this was significantly worse than Kmart. Been there a number of opening days/first week/WROD fall skiing. Abay douchebaggery level far exceeds the worst VT has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I feel like this is a slow pitch for Greg for AZ.
    We did get HottButt and his companion FastFred, so...not as good as AZ, but it's something.
    [quote][//quote]

.... hitting stupid jumps at trail intersections ..... within a few inches of getting taken out by a snowboarder who washed out on snow above me while going 40+ .... hit by some dude who came down on top of her (she and I both checked above her before she started) .... entitled .... surrounded by people .... going too fast in close proximity to other people (and hitting dumb jumps regardless of who was near take-offs/landings)....
    sounds like a typical saturday up here

glad your friend was o.k.

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Dexter, are you one of those people who bring the east coast racer kids out in November and treat the 1-2 runs that are open as racecourses for 'early season training'?

As a not-old patroller who got hit while standing still on the side of a run at Loveland last weekend, yeah -- sometimes we ask people to chill the fuck out during the busiest hours on the busiest days. We also had one of our senior paid patrollers get nailed by a racer the same day.

You won't find any speed enforcement when things are less busy. Try skiing weekdays or after 2pm.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Dexter, are you one of those people who bring the east coast racer kids out in November and treat the 1-2 runs that are open as racecourses for 'early season training'?
    That needed to be asked. In my experience the Jr. Race teams are a big part of the problem.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Seems so. I can't understand why he would go to A Basin for wrod though. So many other options, so much better. A Basin primetime is May/June or sometimes powder days.

I'm enjoying the racer kids this year, can't say exactly why.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

The front range of Colorado must have one of the highest concentrations of skiers/boarders anywhere in the US. Add in limited resorts open, limited terrain open at those resorts, and historically above average pass sales (maybe not as high as last season but much higher than the decade preceding)...expectations should be set accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Dex is getting an “OK Boomer” from me
    FTW.

::Flies to CO to ski the WROD, then complains about skiing the WROD::
    Last edited by cmsummit; 11-18-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    Old's Cool.