Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    On your first visit you should probably sample the bloody's at the bar. It's a thing. Or it used to be anyways.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

The skiing was great this morning tho. I had limited time this morning so I really had to think about that last lap so that I ended up at the A-frame to walk back to high noon. Didn’t care for that.

Quote Originally Posted by PowHound84 View Post
    Fuck yeah, one of my best days ever was mid week at the basin, late May after well over a foot fell overnight. The tunnel was closed that morning and I watched 2 cars slide backwards down vail pass on my way over from Avon. There couldn’t have been more than a couple hundred people skiing that day. Had deep untouched turns on the whole mountain all day. Couldn’t have picked a better place to get those conditions. Doubt I’ll ever get anything like that again with how things have gotten the past 10-15 years.
    Honestly the basin is keeping it real limiting crowds and keeping the experience alive. even on pow days these days there's maybe a line at Pali for opening and for another half hour to an hour, but after that it always feels empty. You'd still be stoked I'm sure, they really do a great job.

They might be doing too good of a job. Even yesterday, a powder day on a Saturday of a holiday weekend, the upper lots above high noon didn't even fill. I rolled in at noon and parked up front in high noon. Early riser had many many open spots. Been like that all week long and no Ikon blackouts this week like in past years. Great for us skiers, but eventually Al's bosses are gonna start looking at the numbers.

Isn't the $20 parking fee only on the weekends for vehicles with fewer than three passengers?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Isn't the $20 parking fee only on the weekends for vehicles with fewer than three passengers?
    Yeah

Mountain was skiing great again today. Dog woods were a lot of fun. Gotta imagine Zuma will open pretty soon, I’m determined to get a good zuma bowl lap this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Yeah

Mountain was skiing great again today. Dog woods were a lot of fun. Gotta imagine Zuma will open pretty soon, I’m determined to get a good zuma bowl lap this season.
    They were bombing the crap out of it again today. Could really smell the gunpowder with the SW/W wind. Would guess tomorrow or Tuesday.

And yeah, the past 6 days have been empty at Abasin. Got a beach spot yesterday at 1pm. Rolled in today right at noon (2 of us) and parked in early riser. Fingers crossed the numbers continue to work as this kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    They might be doing too good of a job. Even yesterday, a powder day on a Saturday of a holiday weekend, the upper lots above high noon didn't even fill. I rolled in at noon and parked up front in high noon. Early riser had many many open spots. Been like that all week long and no Ikon blackouts this week like in past years. Great for us skiers, but eventually Al's bosses are gonna start looking at the numbers.
    Probably why they're trying to get $17 for a brat at Steilhang.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Probably why they're trying to get $17 for a brat at Steilhang.

The holidays is when I allow myself and my wife to splurge on on mountain dining away from our usual parking lot dirtbag tailgating. $15.96 before tip for a Delirium Tremens in a can at Steilhang. "Only" $8 for a Peroni at Il Refugio $15 for a glass of mediocre Italian red wine, $24 for a pretty nice cold cut sandwich with a side of colorful chips and olives (that they couldn't both taking the pits out of) at Il Refugio (Highest restaurant in NA!). Shit cracks me up. That's all over now, back to PBRs and Johnsonvilles in the mud of the upper lots and pocket beers slammed on Lenawee because it's so fast I can't enjoy them at my leisure anymore. Bah! Humbug for realz.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    The holidays is when I allow myself and my wife to splurge on on mountain dining away from our usual parking lot dirtbag tailgating. $15.96 before tip for a Delirium Tremens in a can at Steilhang. "Only" $8 for a Peroni at Il Refugio $15 for a glass of mediocre Italian red wine, $24 for a pretty nice cold cut sandwich with a side of colorful chips and olives (that they couldn't both taking the pits out of) at Il Refugio (Highest restaurant in NA!). Shit cracks me up. That's all over now, back to PBRs and Johnsonvilles in the mud of the upper lots and pocket beers slammed on Lenawee because it's so fast I can't enjoy them at my leisure anymore. Bah! Humbug for realz.
    Yeah I was hoping they'd at least make that new restaurant something cool like a rad taco bar or something, not fancy shmancy italian. Would've liked to see them give some character to steilhang, too. It's just a cool sign then you go inside and it feels like some lame Vail thing.

Either way still fortunate they do what they do, the cafeteria/6th alley are great.

So you can’t eat a bag of dicks on Lenawee anymore?

Maybe a bag is too many dicks. What about a small pouch of dicks? Or a ziploc snack bag?

the way the wind cuts on that thing dicks will freeze.

Aren't we supposed to be getting snow right now? I'll just sip some more coffee and have a leisurely morning I suppose.

Feel like today was the busiest of the season so far, they parked into upper last chance. Traffic in keystone was backed up to the gas station.

If you or someone wants tix to tomorrow (Sat) moonlight dinner, hit me up

https://www.arapahoebasin.com/event/...ner-argentina/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Great. Now I'm hungry for a moonlight bag of dicks.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Has Abasin been selling
    out of day tickets this year?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Has Abasin been selling
    out of bags of dicks this year?
    Fify

Went and visited A-basin to see what the deal is with bags of dicks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230109_185304189.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	442383

No luck finding any bags of dick or dick bags, just empty Pali laps on wind buff
    Name:  PXL_20230110_215304752.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  147.2 KB

Honestly, a-basin is the chillest front range ski hill and the bacon bloody was a good consolation since I never found a bag of dicks to eat

Name:	PXL_20230110_184455938.MP.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	442385

Has Abasin been selling
    Saturday and Sunday are sold out for this weekend.
    Old's Cool.

A-Basin skiers can eat a bag of dicks

Mini HGC took her first trip to the center of the Universe. She was rewarded with a bag of…candy. Cool day!

Name:	IMG_3060.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	442646

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Mini HGC took her first trip to the center of the Universe. She was rewarded with a bag of…candy. Cool day!

Name:	IMG_3060.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	442646
    This makes me happy. Enjoy it! My kid turned 15 this year.....oof. It's been an interesting ride I tell ya.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Has Abasin been selling
    they did this weekend

Got out for a few hours this am. Nice snow, low crowds, no lift lines on Pali. A little bit of lines on Len but manageable. Fun stuff, and a good base for what's coming later in the week. Hopefully some troughs can get more filled in because some of them bumps are getting big.

yeah some nice snow yesterday with some especially nice pockets first thing. I did have a couple pali lines around 10-11 but overall crowds were chill for a holiday. Had some afternoon fun in gauthier then found some nice soft chop in the knolls area at the end of the day.

Name:	K1HkwMM.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	442972

whats the deal with SGs? "
    We know some of you are as anxious about Steep Gullies as we are. Patrol is hard at work over there and we think with a little more snow we can get back to the steep gullies.
    "

seems like they've gotten more snow than last year at this point and I recall them being open by now? Maybe I'm not recalling the past clearly though... Don't bs me Al, just say you don't have the manpower to get em open yet.