Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mount Snow sued for negligence after fall led to paraplegia

https://www.benningtonbanner.com/loc...e17adcce4.html

Woman walking around Mount snow. Ignores a roped warning sign. Apparently, walks onto lift platform and falls. Sues mount snow.

Searched forum didn't see this posted anywhere. Please delete if the is a duplicate.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Bubble. Wrap.

While I am sorry to see she seriously injured herself I don't know how that is the resorts problem if she ignored a roped off warning sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

People who sue for their own stupidity should be shot out of a cannon.
    Her attorneys called the incident "a foreseeable hazard that Mount Snow neglected to protect against with reasonable measures."

"Mount Snow's negligence proximately caused or was a substantially contributing factor causing Ms. Keresztessy to suffer significant permanent injury including paraplegia and all related complications, together with conscious pain and suffering of body and mind, past and future expenses for medical care and treatment, loss of enjoyment of life, including the loss of having biological children, and past and future lost earning capacity," the complaint states.
    Maybe AS can chime in and dumb it down so I can understand.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

You can't really blame them for trying, she's facing a lifetime of medical expenses. Maybe if there was a national health care system in this country some of this lawsuit shit wouldn't happen.

in some cases isn't it the insurance companies (say if she had disability insurance that will now kick in) suing in her name to try and recoup costs rather than her bringing the suit herself

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    in some cases isn't it the insurance companies (say if she had disability insurance that will now kick in) suing in her name to try and recoup costs rather than her bringing the suit herself
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Subrogation claim

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You can't really blame them for trying, she's facing a lifetime of medical expenses. Maybe if there was a national health care system in this country some of this lawsuit shit wouldn't happen.
    Huh. Greater certainty of care with less lawyering? Can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Subrogation claim
    Wtf??

This

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Not in this case.

Maybe she needs to try some ‘magic mushrooms’.
    Seems to have helped Gnarwhale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    People who sue for their own stupidity should be shot out of a cannon.
    Agree with this 100%

A 39-year-old worker on just his ninth day on the job at a Caterpillar-operated foundry in Mapleton, Illinois, died after falling into a vat of molten iron.

The worker was "immediately incinerated" in the incident, which occurred in June, per the Department of Labor.

Federal investigators say that inadequate safety protections may have contributed to the worker's death and propose to fine the foundry operator Caterpillar of $145,027.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), part of the Department of Labor, determined that the foundry routinely exposed employees to unprotected fall hazards, even though they worked less than four feet from deep ceramic containers of molten iron that were heated to more than 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
    Wonder if he will sue? Doubtful.....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Pretty sure there's lawyers crawling all over the workers family, if they're not already in court.

As they should be.

I should sue for emotional distress from reading about that. Bad way to die.

but quick, at least.

I wonder what he thought and felt on the way down?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oh shi.....

I remember when I had my uncontrolled slide for life as I got moving and was getting closer to the trees thinking “okay, this is it”.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I wonder what he thought and felt on the way down?

Terrifying thought, but unlike T1000, it would be over immediately.

I’ve got a lot of experience in a non-ferrous foundry, those steel/iron foundries scare the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Terrifying thought, but unlike T1000, it would be over immediately.

I’ve got a lot of experience in a non-ferrous foundry, those steel/iron foundries scare the shit out of me.
    You can easily up the scare factor.A climbing buddy told me how they create Titanium dioxide. They do it with 800 deg Celsius hot concentrated sulphuric acid in a large, albeit closed (I guess?) , reactor thing. Where they have to replace the Extra acid resistant Walls every few months because they still erode.
    He told me if I ever needed someone to "vanish" I should call Him
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Make our tort law reflect what most of Europe has and then sure. In the meantime, our sue happy country is no small part of why medical care costs so much to begin with.

Can we adopt "loser pays" here too? That would pretty much stop all frivolous suits in their tracks because you better have a damn good case if you don't want to lose your ass as the plaintiff. Wanna have the Law Offices of Buttstein and Buttstein sue for millions of dollars cuz you stubbed your toe walking into a McDonald's? Go for it! Be prepared to pay up tho.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Make our tort law reflect what most of Europe has and then sure. In the meantime, our sue happy country is no small part of why medical care costs so much to begin with.

Can we adopt "loser pays" here too? That would pretty much stop all frivolous suits in their tracks because you better have a damn good case if you don't want to lose your ass as the plaintiff. Wanna have the Law Offices of Buttstein and Buttstein sue for millions of dollars cuz you stubbed your toe walking into a McDonald's? Go for it! Be prepared to pay up tho.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Medical care isn’t expensive because of medical malpractice lawsuits.