Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Is centered how Candide mounts them? If so, I'd keep them there just so I can try to ski like him

Bmills, from one former Lake Erien to another...if want to mount yer own in the future(all you need is a punch, the appropriate bit, a drill, posi driver, some glue and the paper template), this stuff can easily be sent via USPS and I'd be happy to loan u everything but the drill.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is centered how Candide mounts them? If so, I'd keep them there just so I can try to ski like him

Bmills, from one former Lake Erien to another...if want to mount yer own in the future(all you need is a punch, the appropriate bit, a drill, posi driver, some glue and the paper template), this stuff can easily be sent via USPS and I'd be happy to loan u everything but the drill.
    I appreciate that man. I'll obviously be putting the toolkit back together after this lesson.

Candide's mounting position is 3cm aft of true center on these particular boards, which, due to the running length and surface area of the skis makes that position ski more like a center mount. This will be at least the 3rd Candide-designed ski I've owned, and I still can't ski anything like him, but I like the way his boards are set up - especially in the modern world of skis where everything is a 2 foot wide floppy noodle built just for Haines, AK type days.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    That's polite of you to say but I was just making fun of the inevitable "could be worse!" response you got, and also given to anyone complaining on the internet. i don't get the need to put someone in their place when something bad or annoying happens to them and then one-up them. Do they do that to their wives too? Ha, no they don't.

"Of course it could be worse, and it could be a lot better too asshole!"
    I don’t feel sorry for anyone that can afford a custom 36’ marlin fishing boat

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Lift served in da Bronx? Please post up some deets on that.

I could believe perhaps in Yonkers, the City of Hills - where nothing is on the level. My old man wanted to put in a rope tow at Pelton for the sledders.
    It was in Van Cortland Park. They had a rope tow (may have been a handle tow), a large open slope and some flat tree shots off the sides. The ski school was always busy from what I was told by former instructors but the rental shop had garbage that didn't help people learn. My old boss used to take the subway up from Bklyn in college with his friends. It's on the NY Nelsap page.

I also recently heard about a possible portable tow that was brought into Forest Park in Queens for a few winters.

I didn't feel sorry for his brother/biz partner either when he told me that because the market was down he would have to sail his own 36' marlin boat to the SA fishing grounds instead of hiring a crew. I did find it amusing. I need to work on my empathy.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    where everything is a 2 foot wide floppy noodle
    Clown shoes. And the folks wearing them are clowns. I'm ok with the people who know they are clowning. I feel sadness for those who don't.

I know this is heresy, but couldn’t you ski them first, before you go nuclear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a side note, wtf kind of a self respecting ATL attorney skis on Factions ? Don't you need some $2K Bomber skis with matching $500 slippers for partner meeting cred ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    No, he will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No nuclear, but I did ski these last spring which were mounted where they're supposed to be, and I also have center mount park skis so I know what I don't want out of these.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    On a side note, wtf kind of a self respecting ATL attorney skis on Factions ? Don't you need some $2K Bomber skis with matching $500 slippers for partner meeting cred ?
    If Salomon ever gets back into making the Gun Labs or a pro-model park ski that is more of an all-mountain ski like the Lab CR 1080s then I'll happily go right back to them. Until then, the Factions fit the bill better than anything I've tried.

I try and keep my gold-plated Black Crows under wraps until an appropriate occasion presents itself.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    No, he will die.
    Most certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    On a side note, wtf kind of a self respecting ATL attorney... skis the park?
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    FIFY
    One who still can to an extent I guess?

Reading the Villages thread though, I may want to keep my hips in good shape for those later years in life.

Ay bets on the shop rat saying .."that's where all the cool kids are mounting theirs.. If you think you hate them now just wait until you ski them!"
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Maybe if the shop tech had taken Ski Shop in high school this wouldn't have happened/

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I can’t justify a full shop either, since I only get a new pair of skis every few years, but I do have a drill, a bit, and a printer
    Hahahah right? Including my snazzy german long shaft Pozi 3 screwdriver, my "ski shop setup" cost $50. Maybe. Of course i did already own a cheap shitty drill, a couple cheapy small C-clamps, a ruler and im not counting the cost of the pencil, nail, tape or paper template printed from work. I usually just stop into a ski shop every couple years to grab a handful of plastic plugs, or i just glue in some golf tees. This is skiing, not rocket surgery. Itll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe if the shop tech had taken Ski Shop in high school this wouldn't have happened/
    High school shop is where they learn to get high.
    It’s a vicious circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    High school shop is where they learn to get high.
    It’s a vicious circle.
    I leaned nerd, but took a shop class my last year of high school. Only thing I recall learning from it is that you can keep your hash sandwiched between two quarters in your pocket. Haven’t ever put that to use though…

Sir Mills, just catching up, and I offer my condolences. I've had two new sets wrecked by mismounts over the last chunk of years, and both times they sourced new ones from another shop and replaced them. Mantras and Marksman. Yes, I mount my own skis. No I don't always have time.

Proctors in NH seems to have your unicorns in stock. I suggest Peter Glenn's army call them and arrange a transfer asap.
    https://proctorski.com/products/fact...39865259065533

Yes, the extra mount matters. Someday little BMills is gonna wanna rock these with a different boot size for throwback weekend, and they'll need to support the remount.

I believe the appropriate ski for your profession is actually a DPS, however. And we're gonna need you to stay on the blue groomers with those, please. Moose at the gate should have told you...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    This is true, so few add this in for future use.

Peter FUCKING Glenn?
    I think they were at Bolton when I was a kid.

Who is/was Peter Glenn anyway? I imagine a young man who grew up in the deep south, but, through a series of random events and a school ski trip to Cloudmont AL, he was discovered to have exceptional athletic abilities on snow during a Chinese Downhill Race. (WTF??) From this point, he was convinced to move out west to follow his dream of becoming an Olympic downhill ski racer. After a long series trials and tribulations, he finally saw his dreams come to fruition when he defeated Herman Maier but one millionth of a second to stand atop the podium at the Olympic Games in Nagasaki. At that point he retired from ski racing to return to his beloved southern states, married his high school sweetheart, and started a ski department store in the most unlikely of places..... Atlanta.

Captain Mel Steubing as the bad guy.

Crazy first episode of Peter Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Who is/was Peter Glenn anyway?
    https://www.peterglenn.com/content/about-peter-glenn

Name:  Image1668133326.079999.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  48.1 KB
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Sir Mills, just catching up, and I offer my condolences. I've had two new sets wrecked by mismounts over the last chunk of years, and both times they sourced new ones from another shop and replaced them. Mantras and Marksman. Yes, I mount my own skis. No I don't always have time.

Proctors in NH seems to have your unicorns in stock. I suggest Peter Glenn's army call them and arrange a transfer asap.
    https://proctorski.com/products/fact...39865259065533

Yes, the extra mount matters. Someday little BMills is gonna wanna rock these with a different boot size for throwback weekend, and they'll need to support the remount.

I believe the appropriate ski for your profession is actually a DPS, however. And we're gonna need you to stay on the blue groomers with those, please. Moose at the gate should have told you...
    Thank you brother, I appreciate that and the message has been conveyed. Stay tuned.

On the DPSes yes, I've got a couple partners who have them. I'm absofuckinglutely confident neither of them could handle them at speed on a blue, God forbid anything remotely close to what they are likely made for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This is true, so few add this in for future use.

Peter FUCKING Glenn?
    I think they were at Bolton when I was a kid.
    I'm not sure of Mr. Glenn's provenance, but their spokesman is someone I've spent some time with during the youth of my bump days, Mr. Jonny Moseley. Take that for what its worth, as I have no idea how the two are connected other than business.

As the shop tech said the other day, just because we're in Atlanta, that does not mean you're an an Atlanta skier, and we can see that; we'll make this right. I've got faith in them, it's a good operation, I just think someone was high at the time. NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    just because we're in Atlanta, that does not mean you're an an Atlanta skier
    For fuck sake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........