Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    This is amazing. Any chance of having one for Solly Wardens or warden demos? Picked up a bunch over the past years and have like 3 pairs to mount

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I don’t think 40-50 is too much to ask at all. We all pay dearly for jigs.

I have a thought on the centering tool that could make it even more handy..

is there a way to build it so the numbers are laying horizontally across the topsheet on the ski as opposed to vertical across the top sheet, then make another sliding part that could have a steel collar epoxied into a hole that corresponds with the centering ruler as well. So the tool would be able to find center and then slide the collar to what ever mm spread your holes are. So drilling two holes 38mm would be able to be found by being 19mm off center line with the collar in the slide. Collar would be the same size as the collars on a jig.
    I'm already overextended and think for now, the centering tool should remain simple. I've looked at tons of other ideas, but they all get complicated and harder to produce...Also, it'd be hard to be assured the centering tool was exactly square to make sure the drill holes would be aligned correctly. That's one of the reasons for developing this layout tool. Simple and straight forward.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    This is amazing. Any chance of having one for Solly Wardens or warden demos? Picked up a bunch over the past years and have like 3 pairs to mount
    I've got three others I have to develop this week and will be in the mode sometime this week. Go ahead and order the tool and leaver a note regarding the Wardens and any help on a verified template from which to base the tool.

EDIT: Warden or Warden 11? Apparently, the Warden is an extension (two holes further out in the toe) of the STH2.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-14-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Attacks have at least 20mm fore/aft so not sure a 5mm discrepancy is that big of a deal. Not 100% sure that Jondrum's template put the heel dead center and BSLs are a crapshoot as far as accuracy goes so, no, not a big deal.

For now, I just want the Tyrolia. I included all of the other info because others may want Marker or Vipec/Tecton.

Thanks so much for doing this and I think $40 is reasonable and would still sell like hotcakes, at least to the TGR crowd. rfconroy printed me a centering jig and IIRC, that's what he charged me.
    Before I hit print, does anything look off to you? The Tyrolia Heel is maxing out the printer's plater. I may have to shorten the length to 360 or 340 BSL if I get crashes.

Also, can you or anyone provide a definitive list of which Tyrolias this Layout Tool would work?

Last edited by Alpinord; 11-17-2022 at 11:42 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Yes, looks right to me. For my purposes, doesn't need to extend out past 335 (I have one bigfoot friend).

All of Tyrolia's Alpine bindings are designed around the same hole pattern, so this works for everything but the Adrenalin and Ambition frame bindings.

Thanks again T!

Yes, looks right to me. For my purposes, doesn't need to extend out past 335 (I have one bigfoot friend).

All of Tyrolia's Alpine bindings are designed around the same hole pattern, so this works for everything but the Adrenalin and Ambition frame bindings.

Thanks again T!
    Thanks for clarifying. Got these into the mail today. Let me know how it goes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1668477917.335435.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	672.3 KB 
ID:	434019

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

^ Yep, got the shipping notice. I have a pair of Attack MNs that are going on a pair of M-Pro 99s that I'm getting from Ptex1 so I'll be trying it out as soon as the skis get here.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    I messaged you but I would snap up that tool for STH2. Thanks
    Please see if the STH2 looks correct to you:

Name:	STH2_persp.png 
Views:	372 
Size:	785.4 KB 
ID:	434132
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Please see if the STH2 looks correct to you:

Name:	STH2_persp.png 
Views:	372 
Size:	785.4 KB 
ID:	434132
    Why not add another set of holes at the toe so you can also do Warden 13's?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Why not add another set of holes at the toe so you can also do Warden 13's?
    Are the 13's the same either the Wardens or 11's?

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Are the 13's the same either the Wardens or 11's?
    Warden 13 is exactly the same as STH2 except the 2 forward holes for the toe are 35mm further forward.

The Warden 11 uses a different jig.

Also, as of this year, there is no more STH2 WTR - only the STH2 16 is offered for '22-'23, and it is now MN (mount pattern didn't change, only the AFD).

Warden 13 is exactly the same as STH2 except the 2 forward holes for the toe are 35mm further forward.

The Warden 11 uses a different jig.

Also, as of this year, there is no more STH2 WTR - only the STH2 16 is offered for '22-'23, and it is now MN (mount pattern didn't change, only the AFD).
    Thanks. I was waiting to be able to look more into the Wardens before combining (or not) the Layout Tool.

EDIT: My current lean is to combine the Wardens and keep the TH2s separate.

Are the older STH2s able to have their AFDs swapped out to MN like Look Pivots are for GripWalk?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Are the older STH2s able to have their AFDs swapped out to MN like Look Pivots are for GripWalk?
    Not sure. I stocked up on STH2 WTR 16's and haven't had to deal with it - plus I have no desire to ski any of the skis with STH2's in my touring boots.

(My guess is they are, but you have to swap out the entire base plate for the MN one with more AFD adjustment and maybe use longer screws).

Ordered both the wood centering tool and the pivot template thing. Looks great!

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    I messaged you but I would snap up that tool for STH2. Thanks
    It's in the mail.

In hindsight, I probably should label the heels for STH2, Wardens & Warden 13s.

I'm vacillating between three different combos for the Wardens in combination with the STH2s. Simply making individual heel & toes might be more idiot proof vs trying to combine multiple hole layouts in one tool.

Toes:
    • STH2
    • Warden, Warden 11 & 13

Heels:
    • STH2, Warden & Warden 13
    • Warden 11

Any thoughts?

Also, I have a request for the Warden 11 Demo. Do they match the Warden 11 hole & BSC layout?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

It's in the mail.

Amazing! Thank you sir.

It's in the mail.

In hindsight, I probably should label the heels for STH2, Wardens & Warden 13s.

I'm vacillating between three different combos for the Wardens in combination with the STH2s. Simply making individual heel & toes might be more idiot proof vs trying to combine multiple hole layouts in one tool.

Toes:
    • STH2
    • Warden, Warden 11 & 13

Heels:
    • STH2, Warden & Warden 13
    • Warden 11

Any thoughts?

Also, I have a request for the Warden 11 Demo. Do they match the Warden 11 hole & BSC layout?
    As far as I know, there is no "Warden" - only Warden 13, Warden 11, and demo versions of both.

Warden 13 and Warden 13 Demo use different jigs (I only have the former), while Warden 11 and Warden 11 Demo use the same jig. These are probably questions best answered by Jon Coster/Spyderjon.

In for an STH2, just put my order in with a note. Super stoked on this!

As far as I know, there is no "Warden" - only Warden 13, Warden 11, and demo versions of both.

Warden 13 and Warden 13 Demo use different jigs (I only have the former), while Warden 11 and Warden 11 Demo use the same jig. These are probably questions best answered by Jon Coster/Spyderjon.
    Should this template state 'Warden 13' vs simply 'Warden' then?

Name:	warden-sth2_toe.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	434364
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by tuowtraws View Post
    In for an STH2, just put my order in with a note. Super stoked on this!
    Thanks. It'll ship today.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Should this template state 'Warden 13' vs simply 'Warden' then?

Name:	warden-sth2_toe.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	434364
    Yes, it should. Probably drop the "WTR" as well, since it will also work for the STH2 16 MN. Also, there is an Armada version of both bindings.

....... Also, there is an Armada version of both bindings.
    I almost threw in the towel when I read that! My head is spinning and I'm losing my mind so bad I ordered another 3d Printer.

So...this is what I have teed up for the STH2/Warden group & I guess Armada line up. I'll need help correlating the Armadas to these.

So far, I have a template for the Warden 11 Demo, but need some help there, too. Shorty J? It looks like the heel layout matches the Warden 11, but not the toes. I'm uncertain on the BSL basis for this template.

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

I almost threw in the towel when I read that! My head is spinning and I'm losing my mind so bad I ordered another 3d Printer.

So...this is what I have teed up for the STH2/Warden group & I guess Armada line up. I'll need help correlating the Armadas to these.

So far, I have a template for the Warden 11 Demo, but need some help there, too. Shorty J? It looks like the heel layout matches the Warden 11, but not the toes. I'm uncertain on the BSL basis for this template.

I don't own a warden 11 anymore but I think I might have a template file saved somewhere... I'll take a look later.

I think gregorys might have made that one?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

* The Wild Snow and Knut's templates for the Vipec/Tecton are wrong. Thom (Galibier_numero_un) has a corrected template and I verified that the WildSnow and Knut's templates are incorrect (thankfully on a piece of wood and not a brand new pair of Ripsticks) and Thom's is correct. The problem is, Thom uses pinline and heel to determine placement of the template rather than BSL so it may not be an applicable document for this tool. Fortunately, Thom's template shows the corrections from Knut's templates so maybe you can use the 2 of them to create an updated template based on BSL?
    Thom's template: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZt...w?usp=drivesdk
    Knut's template: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yYY6Gg2a3Dd245
    It's worth mentioning that several others have reported otherwise, which is why I have not changed the template. I myself and people that I personally know have mounted Vipecs with my template. I cannot verify where the discrepancy originates from. As always, when mounting any binding with templates from the internet: please proceed with caution - or with confidence and live with the consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    It's worth mentioning that several others have reported otherwise, which is why I have not changed the template. I myself and people that I personally know have mounted Vipecs with my template. I cannot verify where the discrepancy originates from. As always, when mounting any binding with templates from the internet: please proceed with caution - or with confidence and live with the consequences
    Not sure either...I do know that the holes were off by a significant enough margin that the bindings would not have gone on a ski (I tested on a piece of wood). Have you seen Thom's template? That one worked perfectly for me.