Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Killer wind buff at Mission today, so smoothly and silky

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We have to remember to get some photos next time.

. This is the video version of Mission today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7FBE77D9-9812-44A1-A207-968BCF0F5C1C.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	739.5 KB 
ID:	445996Homage to Sinistar in there….

Astro Blaster

Actually that homage was to Missile Command

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4CDAC0B-9B78-4AE0-AD83-6E11EA06E7DD.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	506.2 KB 
ID:	446276I was skeptical of the off piste but good thing I’m not the boss anymore. Even the ski patrol was shocked when Todd decided to take us under chair four off the top but the new snow that came in without wind bonded beautifully to what was previously crust. Some kind of magic snow. So eventually we hiked out to Bowl Four which was nice.

I like Todd’s steeze

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I like Todd’s steeze

He says “Thanks Aaron. Shout out to you!”.

I found out something interesting today. I got the $150 voucher this year from Stevens Pass that they offered to passholders due to last year's sub-par experience. I didn't buy a full Epic Pass this season, just a five day Whistler Edge Card since I wasn't sure how much local skiing I'd be getting in (turns out it was the right decision). Anyway, was thinking about heading up to Stevens this week so I called to confirm that I could use the $150 credit to buy a lift ticket. Nope. You can more or less use it for anything except lift tickets. The guy I talked to on the phone even expressed that it was BS, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I found out something interesting today. I got the $150 voucher this year from Stevens Pass that they offered to passholders due to last year's sub-par experience. I didn't buy a full Epic Pass this season, just a five day Whistler Edge Card since I wasn't sure how much local skiing I'd be getting in (turns out it was the right decision). Anyway, was thinking about heading up to Stevens this week so I called to confirm that I could use the $150 credit to buy a lift ticket. Nope. You can more or less use it for anything except lift tickets. The guy I talked to on the phone even expressed that it was BS, but there you go.
    That's such bullshit. I was gonna do the same.

That's amazing, I remember last year someone was like "I bet you can't buy beer with it" but nobody would have suggested you couldn't buy a lift ticket.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Fuck Vail

The worst of the worst

It doesn't even make sense either, a lift ticket at window rates is probably the most profitable thing they could sell (i.e. lowest cost to give away)

I almost didn't even call, because obviously you could buy a lift ticket with the voucher, but then I thought "This is Vail. Don't assume anything."

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    It doesn't even make sense either, a lift ticket at window rates is probably the most profitable thing they could sell (i.e. lowest cost to give away)
    IKR? Completely backwards from a business standpoint. Passes and lodging are the cake for ski areas. Walk-ups after Xmas are pure icing. Can't say I'm surprised though. It seems like the new model is to attract new customers at the expense of old ones.

So what does the $150 credit work on then? Food and beverages, alcohol?

Or does it only work on garbage like rentals and lessons, etc.?

Not sure what else you can spend money on, gear shop?

Such bullshit.

My plan was to put it towards the bike park, which they said was an option for last year's credit. Hopefully this hasn't changed and I will still be able to do so when the summer rolls around.

Nothing during the winter (lessons, rentals) is of interest to me other than a lift ticket.

Food, beverage, gear for sure. I think alcohol is included. Not sure about rentals or lessons.

I'm going to have to eat a King Henry VIII level lunch when I go up, I guess.

Food, beverage, gear for sure. I think alcohol is included. Not sure about rentals or lessons.

“Drinks on me folks!”

Isn’t a couple of burgers and a couple beers like $150 at Stevens?

Maybe buy some gloves or bindings or something.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Maybe buy some gloves or bindings or something.
    Yeah, I do need a new helmet, so that's an option. I'm sure I can use it for something.

See? They're going to get me up there anyway and now I'll have to drop $100 or so on a lift ticket, too. Bastards.

lessons.
    Get a private lesson on a pow day and skip the lines? Keep ya head on a swivel for the snowballs though...

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Get a private lesson on a pow day and skip the lines? Keep ya head on a swivel for the snowballs though...
    A private lesson for $150….haha

Even at Summit right now a 2hr private lesson is running $369 + tax.

The demographic and socio-political buttcrack.
    Two hours isn't even long enough to break them down into a sobbing mass of jello before you start building them back up.