Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1701
    Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    Slow heavy wet mank at Stevens this morning. Backside was warm mashed potatoes, front side was good on the steep stuff with no lines.
    Yeah the backside was good first thing and then got totally sunfucked by a 30 minute bluehole and some midmarch sun.

I thought it was a great day with 4-5" overnight and then another 4-5" throughout the day, lines refilling and some just plain not getting skied except by me... and Zero lines was a real treat. I havent skied that much daily vertical in a long while. Legs are cooked.

Crustal was great, ***+/****.
    Classic one whipped cream pow kept the firmer under layers well buffered.
    Face shots everywhere all day. Throne bowl gave me 3 untracked top to bottomed before mining more choice turns out penny dogs way. Frontside still had some teeth under the spongebut stilll deeeelivered the goodness .
    The skull is still in the library.
    Employee housing was still light at the top but the bottom was getting tuberiferous by 1:00. Alll sew low. No lines except for 50 people in the morning gondy line, then ski on all day. I thrashed it,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC2C023A-DA1B-4528-A9A8-4C7DD7C7CCB9.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	727.7 KB 
ID:	451771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7FCC9AE1-DDAD-4548-99E9-370283FB0DF9.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	365.9 KB 
ID:	451772  

dafuq is going on at Stevens?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	518.3 KB 
ID:	451861

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Probably some isolated incidents. I am there nearly every weekend day and I have not witnessed any issues. Something to watch for I guess.

Likely this tawdry display of hetero dominance: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpyuY..._web_copy_link

Was there on Monday. First thing in the morning coming around the skiers left side of Skyline, with literally no other guests in sight, i pointed to the "Mountain Staff Entrance" to the lift and asked the ticket scanner "can I?" so i didnt have to skate the extra 30 yards to the end of the corral and double back for no reason. A lifty manager (red coat) actually ran over and went off on me saying i was entitled, and rude and if it didnt want to respect her rules that i could leave. the ticket scanner remained silent, and i skated around and doubled back.

So yeah, it would seem that at least some of their staff has some frayed nerves. Rest of the liftys and scanners were mostly super stoked to see me hotlapping the good conditions and were 10/10 despite it being real shitty weather to be standing around in.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Was there on Monday. First thing in the morning coming around the skiers left side of Skyline, with literally no other guests in sight, i pointed to the "Mountain Staff Entrance" to the lift and asked the ticket scanner "can I?" so i didnt have to skate the extra 30 yards to the end of the corral and double back for no reason. A lifty manager (red coat) actually ran over and went off on me saying i was entitled, and rude and if it didnt want to respect her rules that i could leave. the ticket scanner remained silent, and i skated around and doubled back.

So yeah, it would seem that at least some of their staff has some frayed nerves. Rest of the liftys and scanners were mostly super stoked to see me hotlapping the good conditions and were 10/10 despite it being real shitty weather to be standing around in.
    Son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Son of a bitch.

Some people of the snowflake variety shouldn’t be working customer service roles.

Good skiing in the West North zone yesterday

Name:	IMG_20230314_112725941.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	971.8 KB 
ID:	451941

Name:	IMG_20230314_132850410.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	987.0 KB 
ID:	451942

Quote Originally Posted by rbciii View Post
    Probably some isolated incidents. I am there nearly every weekend day and I have not witnessed any issues. Something to watch for I guess.
    I have seen so many entitled middle aged white guys lose their shit over nothing and treat staff at various ski areas like crap for no reason at all that I doubt that it feels very isolated from the staff's perspective.

At Alp it's almost always some middle aged white guy losing his shit over nothing at staff or people who are new to the sport. The entitlement of this group sucks and I'm calling it out when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I have seen so many entitled middle aged white guys lose their shit over nothing and treat staff at various ski areas like crap for no reason at all that I doubt that it feels very isolated from the staff's perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    At Alp it's almost always some middle aged white guy losing his shit over nothing at staff or people who are new to the sport. The entitlement of this group sucks and I'm calling it out when I see it.
    I blame Crustal skiers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Looking for Windy hill advice. Never been to Mission and my daughter is racing there next weekend (25th, 26th) in the Apple Cup races.
    Normally to save money on two day races we buy tickets one of the days and just hand in the lot or do an uphill pass the other day but for Mission the race is partway up the hill (Skookum) so seeing our daughter race without buying a ticket seems unpossible. If I am reading right, you can't go uphill there during daytime ski operations? Any way to pick up a cheaper day ticket than the $99 online price? We would rather not have the weekend cost $400 in tickets for the adults. We only have Epic and Summit Night passes so no dice on any co-discounts there and are unlikely to come back this year since we are booked with other races until late April so Spring pass not worth it.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Looking for Windy hill advice. Never been to Mission and my daughter is racing there next weekend (25th, 26th) in the Apple Cup races.
    Normally to save money on two day races we buy tickets one of the days and just hand in the lot or do an uphill pass the other day but for Mission the race is partway up the hill (Skookum) so seeing our daughter race without buying a ticket seems unpossible. If I am reading right, you can't go uphill there during daytime ski operations? Any way to pick up a cheaper day ticket than the $99 online price? We would rather not have the weekend cost $400 in tickets for the adults. We only have Epic and Summit Night passes so no dice on any co-discounts there and are unlikely to come back this year since we are booked with other races until late April so Spring pass not worth it.
    One option that our family does at pretty much every away race is to volunteer. If you volunteer at mission you get a ticket for that day and a voucher for the next day. Volunteer in a position that gets a good view of the race and you could have the best seat in the house. Our son is a u16, so he can operate on his own. Since your daughter is younger maybe you volunteer Saturday and ski on your voucher on Sunday. Your husband/wife/partner buys a ticket for Saturday and volunteers on Sunday. That gets you four days on the hill for the cost of one ticket and someone is always there to help your racer.

Quote Originally Posted by rbciii View Post
    One option that our family does at pretty much every away race is to volunteer. If you volunteer at mission you get a ticket for that day and a voucher for the next day. Volunteer in a position that gets a good view of the race and you could have the best seat in the house. Our son is a u16, so he can operate on his own. Since your daughter is younger maybe you volunteer Saturday and ski on your voucher on Sunday. Your husband/wife/partner buys a ticket for Saturday and volunteers on Sunday. That gets you four days on the hill for the cost of one ticket and someone is always there to help your racer.
    This is the best answer. You could walk up the summer road too, not super kosher but lots of race parents walk up to the finish line on Mimi. I think there’s a chair 1 ticket too

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Used to be that there were a number of lodgings in WetSnatcheee that offered cheap tickets with a stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

PNW 2022/2023 Season - It's Triple Dip La Niña Time!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Used to be that there were a number of lodgings in WetSnatcheee that offered cheap tickets with a stay.
    This option died with liftopia.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Lego- Pm me. I have options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    Honestly, it's not that bad here in Washington in comparison. If you want to see bad middle aged white guy entitlement, you should see the shit at destination-focused resorts like Park City or Vail. These guys, from East Coast or Texas, dropped a bunch of $$ for their ONE ski vacation a year. They will fly off the handle over the most trivial, minuscule thing.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Honestly, it's not that bad here in Washington in comparison. If you want to see bad middle aged white guy entitlement, you should see the shit at destination-focused resorts like Park City or Vail. These guys, from East Coast or Texas, dropped a bunch of $$ for their ONE ski vacation a year. They will fly off the handle over the most trivial, minuscule thing.
    I could imagine that - but have never been to those places

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Good skiing in the West North zone yesterday

Name:	IMG_20230314_112725941.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	971.8 KB 
ID:	451941

Name:	IMG_20230314_132850410.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	987.0 KB 
ID:	451942
    Awesome!

Not sure if the west side has converted to mtb and golf or what, but the high 2 BC was a ghost town last Saturday. Foot of untouched unconsolidated wonderfullness in the north facing zones (south facing got baked mid morning).

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Awesome!

Not sure if the west side has converted to mtb and golf or what, but the high 2 BC was a ghost town last Saturday. Foot of untouched unconsolidated wonderfullness in the north facing zones (south facing got baked mid morning).
    Same as it ever was. Suns out guns out. Makes it nice for the rest of us. Shhh

Anyone at Stevens today? PM me, it would be fun to ski with a maggot!
    bc-lovah

Looks like we're going to have an El Nino for next year: https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/...eplace-it.html

Of course this season's La Nina didn't really seem like the usual La Nina pattern here in the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Looks like we're going to have an El Nino for next year: https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/...eplace-it.html

Of course this season's La Nina didn't really seem like the usual La Nina pattern here in the PNW.
    I remember seeing Jeff Renner in Leavenworth during an El Niño year for a book signing about NW weather patterns etc. I always wondered if he got Cliff Mass the axe at King 5. El Niño is usually pretty good for Mission.