Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    everyone is an innocent tourist at some point

Is it too late to pretend irony?
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    Yes, at $50 day ticket I could go off the Indy pass for that one! I have heard about that place for years, now may be the time
    So here’s the itinerary I made for you. Ski Anthony Lakes, if you have any touring gear drive over Tollgate Pass to Walla Walla and tour at Spout Springs. Disregard Spout if no touring gear. Stay in Walla Walla or Dayton and use your Indy Pass at Bluewood. Drive to Mission or White Pass and use another Indy day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

everyone has been nice on this threadand i appreciate it. so ill keep my next one as simple as my old ass can. Preface with i dont mind driving-eastcoaster used to driving mad distances all the time and love checking off new resorts. Three options please pick one: Land Sat 1030, get car get weed and drive to white pass for last 2 hours if lucky? stay packwood, white pass sunday then drive back to maybe puyallup or anywhere up there, crystal monday, stay crystal, crystal morning then back to seatlle. Land sat night and do the white pass drive sunday back to puyalup and same plan for crystal. or just do crystal for 2.5 days? ill get rental suv with hopefully decent tires but you know how that goes.

White is probably 2.5-3 hours from Sea Tac.
    Crystal on a weekend expect some form or even combo of a reservation/paid parking/no daily lift tickets. Yes it's as f'd up as it sounds, and the rules change. None of those issues on weekdays.

White is blacked out on weekends for Indy pass if that matters and they too may have some capacity issues to look into (reservations or pass holders only? I could be wrong).

Crustal today: ****/****

I'm aiming for the in betweens the storms, the crowds, the hysteria. Today was perfecto: empty, cold diaphanous dendrites, variable visibility. No one there. Everyone saving up for the shit show that will be tomorrow.

From boot top to chop to knee deep purling swells. They opened the Throne Bowl, the traverse was actually better than expected, still snags and rocks abound, but I didn't hit much. Rode the old rockboards anyway and Hamburger Deeeeelivered as did the Screaming Babies apron. Got lots of shin to knee deep untracked. Powderbowl was scraped off, the frontside is still too thin. Maybe tonights blaster will fill some in?

Ski on lifts every run. Pounded it for 4 hours: No Visibility, Grubstake Apron. Lucky Shot, 5x laps on 6, all of those cherry money sweet deep pow. Then some loping arond on Lucky Shot and digging the untracked off in the weeds again. Topped it off with the first beer at the Elk in aeons and it was dead, dead, dead empty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0886.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	435973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	992.3 KB 
ID:	435974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0895.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	841.5 KB 
ID:	435975  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

have indy plus so i dont think any blackouts

this is right up my ally: JOIN US FOR BREWS, BRATS, AND BOARDS SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3RD FROM 5 - 8 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    everyone has been nice on this threadand i appreciate it. so ill keep my next one as simple as my old ass can. Preface with i dont mind driving-eastcoaster used to driving mad distances all the time and love checking off new resorts. Three options please pick one: Land Sat 1030, get car get weed and drive to white pass for last 2 hours if lucky? stay packwood, white pass sunday then drive back to maybe puyallup or anywhere up there, crystal monday, stay crystal, crystal morning then back to seatlle. Land sat night and do the white pass drive sunday back to puyalup and same plan for crystal. or just do crystal for 2.5 days? ill get rental suv with hopefully decent tires but you know how that goes.
    I'd probably just stick to Crystal for your whole trip. It has lots of terrain open where as White Pass is still unknown at this point (it's opening Friday but more info on what terrain will be open announced after Wednesdays storm). That's a long drive from White Pass to Crystal for just a three day trip. I don't think you can land at SeaTac at 10:30 and get much, if any, skiing in at White Pass that day. You might be able get some skiing in at Crystal landing at 10:30 on Saturday. I don't think you will get bored skiing at Crystal for the entire trip. Crystal doesn't require parking reservations on weekends until Dec 26.

Cold and dry, then a little sucker hole of blue leading to warmer and moister air around noon.

Grubstake Face chop in the momentary blue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0889.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	435987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	435988  

looks great, B!

man the webcams show a rugged scene out there right now.

KEEP GIVING US THE POUNDING ULLR.

uuULLAAARRRRRR!!

#me2ullr

Perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Crustal today: ****/****

I'm aiming for the in betweens the storms, the crowds, the hysteria. Today was perfecto: empty, cold diaphanous dendrites, variable visibility. No one there. Everyone saving up for the shit show that will be tomorrow.

From boot top to chop to knee deep purling swells. They opened the Throne Bowl, the traverse was actually better than expected, still snags and rocks abound, but I didn't hit much. Rode the old rockboards anyway and Hamburger Deeeeelivered as did the Screaming Babies apron. Got lots of shin to knee deep untracked. Powderbowl was scraped off, the frontside is still too thin. Maybe tonights blaster will fill some in?

Ski on lifts every run. Pounded it for 4 hours: No Visibility, Grubstake Apron. Lucky Shot, 5x laps on 6, all of those cherry money sweet deep pow. Then some loping arond on Lucky Shot and digging the untracked off in the weeds again. Topped it off with the first beer at the Elk in aeons and it was dead, dead, dead empty.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Screaming Babies Apron!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Is Mt st Helens on the ikon pass this season?
    No, no, Helens is on the epic pass, Vail bought it.

Closing paradise midweek is a complete load of horse poop. Contact your reps, make some noise.

Starting to stack up at pass level. Looking good and gooder.

And…I90 eastbound is closed

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRider View Post
    And…I90 eastbound is closed

God help the Crystal-bound today, myself included. We're gonna need it.

It was pretty gooder last night at the golf course. Might want to head somewhere steeper though. I'm surprised DOT kept the pass open last night.

EDIT: ^ I guess they didn't.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by waveshello; 11-30-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Pretty crazy night. At my house in North Seattle the wet snow starting dumping around 8:00. Power went out before 10:00 last night and finally came back on at 6:00. Gotta be a sloppy mess on the roads. Should be fun when it refreezes.

So you guys got what we were supposed to have. People were panic buying groceries, road salt, and gas for the generators, yet all we got was a little wind. The power browned a few times, but the clock on the microwave wasn't blinking this morning.

Just got back from walking the dogs, and didn't see a single patch of white. Worst. Snowstorm. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Pretty crazy night. At my house in North Seattle the wet snow starting dumping around 8:00. Power went out before 10:00 last night and finally came back on at 6:00. Gotta be a sloppy mess on the roads. Should be fun when it refreezes.
    Had about 4" of slop at my house near St Eds park at 5am. Main roads were clear, neighborhood roads were not great. Fuckton of downed trees. Power is still out. about 50' lower in elevation had zero accumulation. Its warm out there and will rain throughout today. A lot has already melted off.

Union Hill got hit; 6+ inches of accumulated snow this morning. Power flickered a few times last night, but it kept flowing. Tanner c00p r00lz.

7:45 am at baker. Fairly nuclear. Going to be a rugged day. bring it

Meanwhile in Wenatchee, woke to 7” of snow at 20f. Pretty easy shoveling.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669829525.328978.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	226.9 KB 
ID:	436084

Got hammered with a wet sloppy 10+ inches, I’m satisfied.