Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Crystal will definitely be the place to be this weekend and next week

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    Good morning, thinking of flying out for a quick few days at crystal dec 4-6. If they are at 50 percent open coverage now with this forecast how much more would open up by then if it holds? I have never been so no idea on what is currently actually open. Have vaca and a free flight and ikon and indy so looking for sometrhing easy enough i.e. nonstop from New York and not long drive. Last year hit baker alpental and then a red 49 h20 schweizter from spokane and nobody new i was a new yorker, i blend in well. TKS
    I'd guess mostly open, but expect to hit some rocks on the upper mountain. The traverse atop the front side of 6 (Campbell basin) in particular is a boneyard early in the season.

Does anyone know where the snow stake actually is at Stevens Pass? Is it on the base, or higher up the mountain??

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Crystal will definitely be the place to be this weekend and next week and the remainder of the season

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

Since you have Indy might want to ski White Pass as well, which will get just as much snow as Crystal from these systems. White Pass isn't open, and hasn't announced when they will open, but I would put money on them being open by this weekend. Maybe White Pass on the Sunday as Crystal is a shit show on weekends (and even a shit show on weekday powder days). Don't expect White Pass to be empty on Sunday either though. Or just stick to Crystal for all three days as it has much more terrain and is really good at getting terrain open.
    Once they actually have lifts spinning how good is White Pass about opening terrain? esp the lifts on the backside, paradise basin I guess
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I'd guess mostly open, but expect to hit some rocks on the upper mountain. The traverse atop the front side of 6 (Campbell basin) in particular is a boneyard early in the season.
    Had to hike down when 6 first opened last year, it was pretty much gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    Once they actually have lifts spinning how good is White Pass about opening terrain? esp the lifts on the backside, paradise basin I guess
    I don't ski White Pass enough to know. Maybe someone with a pass there can chime in? Since White Pass hasn't even announced their opening date, maybe stick with just Crystal.

Another idea would be to go ski Hurricane Ridge on your Indy Pass on Sunday, then Crystal for Monday/Tuesday. Hurricane Ridge is podunk, but has imo the best views of any ski area in the lower 48 when it is sunny. And it is supposed to be sunny on Sunday. One of only two ski areas in the US that is inside a National Park. Port Angeles is a cool town too. Hurricane Ridge says they will announce whether they are open on Sunday by tomorrow:

https://www.facebook.com/HRWSC/

Mission Ridge is on Indy pass as well but long drive over there for a day for less snow.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Does anyone know where the snow stake actually is at Stevens Pass? Is it on the base, or higher up the mountain??
    Below the base of Tye Mill, and above the top of Daisy. In the woods skiers right of the 76 Road crossover. 4380' elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    FIFY
    Lol I can't tell I'd your joking or not

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

MRNP announces no weekday access to Paradise for the winter.

Fuck that. Pay enough money to attract more staff. It's the government, they can find the money if they actually give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    FIFY
    Thanks, Crystal is always the place to be

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I don't ski White Pass enough to know. Maybe someone with a pass there can chime in? Since White Pass hasn't even announced their opening date, maybe stick with just Crystal.

Another idea would be to go ski Hurricane Ridge on your Indy Pass on Sunday, then Crystal for Monday/Tuesday. Hurricane Ridge is podunk, but has imo the best views of any ski area in the lower 48 when it is sunny. And it is supposed to be sunny on Sunday. One of only two ski areas in the US that is inside a National Park. Port Angeles is a cool town too. Hurricane Ridge says they will announce whether they are open on Sunday by tomorrow:

https://www.facebook.com/HRWSC/

Mission Ridge is on Indy pass as well but long drive over there for a day for less snow.
    No brainer, Hurricane Ridge over Mission any day

Fuck that. Pay enough money to attract more staff. It's the government, they can find the money if they actually give a damn.
    Such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    No brainer, Hurricane Ridge over Mission any day

Well, sure any day other than the 4 days Mon-Thurs that they remain closed.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

That is a fat hot load of shit.

https://turns-all-year.com/trip-repo...ut-of-paradise

https://www.nps.gov/mora/learn/news/...ss-changes.htm

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Day 1 on baker for me. Surprise 6". Untracked everywhere. Stoked.
    Early season Baker days and be amazing or quite challenging. Glad you got a good one!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

OK, that would definitely suck,,,,, however I just got off the phone with someone in the office at Whte pass and she said that is NOT the case. She said whether the paradise basin and lifts were open would just be decided by conditions. She was optimistic for weekdays by mid december

also, they've posted on website that tickets would become available online starting Thurs

OK, that would definitely suck,,,,, however I just got off the phone with someone in the office at Whte pass and she said that is NOT the case. She said whether the paradise basin and lifts were open would just be decided by conditions. She was optimistic for weekdays by mid december
    daviski, Paradise on Mt Rainier is different from the inbounds terrain region at White Pass ski area called Paradise Basin

Don’t worry, Paradise isn’t on the Indy pass.

oh dear, my tourist status is really showing --- but excellent to know I was worried

yeah I'll just listen and learn for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    daviski, Paradise on Mt Rainier is different from the inbounds terrain region at White Pass ski area called Paradise Basin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	435944
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Is Mt st Helens on the ikon pass this season?

Hold on, I'll call

I’d be shocked if the lifts aren’t spinning.

Nukage!

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...2#.Y4aFUOSIYlQ

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    And its official. Norse is the nicest amongst us. You can tell he has young kids.