Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    This dude fuks. You should by lotto tickets at Graham's on the way up. (I don't think they have lotto, so Welcome Store)

Sent from my SM-G975U using TGR Forums mobile app
    What you dudes did in his van is none of our business and we would like to keep it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The snow forecast this week looks doubleplusgood. Byates proceed with you plan to get in that van and shred. Just be aware that all this pow is likely falling on surface/depth hoar.

Word. Yeah I looked at the wrong totals 5 seconds after waking up. I'm fine w early season skiing. Plenty of snow to cruise around for a few hours.

If peeps are up at baker holla. I'll be skiing mid week.

Do you have groomer ski byates? You’ll have a lot of fun at Mission today if so.

Windy as fuck. Probably just knock out the drive to Bellingham and use my Indy days at mission later in the season. Thanks!

There’s a reason some call it the Windy Hill. Usually one of the windiest spots in the region. It’s actually what makes the skiing great here.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    There’s a reason some call it the Windy Hill. Usually one of the windiest spots in the region. It’s actually what makes the skiing great here.
    This post perfectly sums up the difference between the mindset, snow conditions and skiing in the Rockies vs the PNW.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    This post perfectly sums up the difference between the mindset, snow conditions and skiing in the Rockies vs the PNW.
    Mission Ridge is more like the Rockies than what people think of as the PNW Cascades. It’s an inter mountain snowpack. It 30 miles east of the crest on a range that is surrounded by semi arid desert on three sides.

Moved to Bend last year after 40 years of living in and skiing mostly the Rockies. Still trying to recalibrate my definition of "good snow."
    Gravity Junkie

Moved to Bend last year after 40 years of living in and skiing mostly the Rockies. Still trying to recalibrate my definition of "good snow."
    People visiting from Utah often tell me the snow at Mission is like Utah, less of course

Still trying to recalibrate my definition of "good snow."
    I'll help you out. If it's below 32 Fahrenheit, it's good snow.

And if below 26, PNW hero snow conditions

So far I've been having fun trying to figure out a whole new menu of snow types I've never encountered before and doing the snow detective work to figure out where on the mountain the wind did it justice. Even if it hasn't snowed in a while the wind erases the tracks and moguls on a consistent basis.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Fishskisurf View Post
    And if below 26, PNW hero snow conditions
    unless it's too sunny

Nuking most of the afternoon at stevens, coverage is looking pretty solid. should be a good week to get some skinning in before they open next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Nuking most of the afternoon at stevens, coverage is looking pretty solid. should be a good week to get some skinning in before they open next weekend.
    Was the uphill travel light flashing? Figured it'd be closed down by now as they get ready.

Also what do folks think will be open on Friday? Getting stoked for the season and not even Vail can stop me

Quote Originally Posted by vonn View Post
    Also what do folks think will be open on Friday? Getting stoked for the season and not even Vail can stop me
    Prepare to be underwhelmed. Typically they'll try to have Daisy, Hogs, Tye, Skyline and/or Brooks. Then Seventh and Kehrs, backside generally takes around 60" of base. Whatever they do this opening will be better than last year's junk show.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Prepare to be underwhelmed. Typically they'll try to have Daisy, Hogs, Tye, Skyline and/or Brooks. Then Seventh and Kehrs, backside generally takes around 60" of base. Whatever they do this opening will be better than last year's junk show.
    As long as the road stays clear.

I keep reading reports we’ll see 12 to 15 inches at Bachelor, but so far the radar doesn’t look strong at all this far south, maybe there’s something more offshore I’m missing. I hope I’m wrong but this sounds like bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by vonn View Post
    Was the uphill travel light flashing? Figured it'd be closed down by now as they get ready.

Brooks and daisy and paid parking

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I'm copying this onto both the PNW and and the Inland PNW thread, bad manners I suspect

I'm flying into Boise on Dec. 10 (sat) and out on the 15. Along with a Monarch season pass I got the Indy pass again this year, love the variety and I've always loved "small" hills anyway. Stoked about what these storm cycles are laying down and that long term forecasts look like low temperatures may linger and help hold onto it.

There are three directions I can jump from Boise, I'm excited about them all. One is powder mountain and Beaver Mountain, but Powder mountains policies for Indy reservations are full of catch 22s for someone who plans on the fly according to storm totals. So the other dynamic duos are MT. Hood Meadows/White Pass and or Brundage/Tamarack. Have skied and loved MH and WP, never been to Brundage.

Questions are thoughts on how those two directions compare, may just have to choose one pair and include a half day at Bogus on one of my flying days.

Also, I'm particularly wondering if White Pass (Brundage and Tamarack too) will even be open those early/mid December weekdays. And I have no idea which of these 4 is the most aggressive about getting available terrain open; don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of an A-Basin/Loveland see-saw where they have exactly the same conditions but one (LL) shows no commitment to getting high terrain and chairs open

Well that's a lot, thanks PNWMags
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I'm copying this onto both the PNW and and the Inland PNW thread, bad manners I suspect

I'm flying into Boise on Dec. 10 (sat) and out on the 15. Along with a Monarch season pass I got the Indy pass again this year, love the variety and I've always loved "small" hills anyway. Stoked about what these storm cycles are laying down and that long term forecasts look like low temperatures may linger and help hold onto it.

There are three directions I can jump from Boise, I'm excited about them all. One is powder mountain and Beaver Mountain, but Powder mountains policies for Indy reservations are full of catch 22s for someone who plans on the fly according to storm totals. So the other dynamic duos are MT. Hood Meadows/White Pass and or Brundage/Tamarack. Have skied and loved MH and WP, never been to Brundage.

Questions are thoughts on how those two directions compare, may just have to choose one pair and include a half day at Bogus on one of my flying days.

Also, I'm particularly wondering if White Pass (Brundage and Tamarack too) will even be open those early/mid December weekdays. And I have no idea which of these 4 is the most aggressive about getting available terrain open; don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of an A-Basin/Loveland see-saw where they have exactly the same conditions but one (LL) shows no commitment to getting high terrain and chairs open

Well that's a lot, thanks PNWMags
    You are flying into an airport a BIG day of driving away from everything except Brundage/tamarack (especially if roads are shitty). Just stay in ID and ski the ID areas on the Indy Pass.

Lookout/Silver are good options.

Tamarack opens Dec 9.

https://skiidaho.us/resorts

Anthony Lakes is a sleeper within a couple of hours drive of Boise: https://anthonylakes.com/ but no opening day announcement yet.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Alpental is closer to Boise than Lookout.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Alpental is closer to Boise than Lookout.
    True, by a whole nittery 10 miles, but Alpy's not on Indy. I guess Lookout isn't either.

Back to the spirit, Lost Trail is another Indy option, but no opening day announced. Bluewood has no opening date yet, but it's on Indy.

Mission Ridge is open, on Indy and worthy.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<