Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    The demographic and socio-political buttcrack.
    Thank you Alpentalics for taking some of the Ikonic pressure off Crustal this year. Rest assured we still have plenty of 'tards clogging traverses and "charging" terrain they have no business on.

Looks like xtal based their pricing at peak pandemic demand and are now finding out. Pretty much what would be expected from a bunch of out of towners.

Looked better than it was
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230125_111303.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	444654

Name:	20230125_121754.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	444655

Name:	20230125_092541.jpg 
Size:	954.5 KB 
ID:	444656

I did a quick lap up Diamond Head this afternoon--not worth it right now unless you're desperate like me.

Anyway. There's at least 3 different skin/snowshoe tracks criss crossed right up the gut of the NE face. WTF? There are other safer approaches that don't put tracks in the line.

This little guy popped out of his hole to say hi and gtfo:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Markeyz View Post
    Looks like xtal based their pricing at peak pandemic demand and are now finding out. Pretty much what would be expected from a bunch of out of towners.
    I’m fine with it. I’m only skiing half the days that I used to there, but getting far more runs and a better experience. Some of those Ikonic weekends in 2020/21 where you had 4 runs by 11am were soul sucking and I’d rather pay more or even ski less than deal with that gong show

Quote Originally Posted by Markeyz View Post
    Other than on TGR, I don’t know any skiers which went Ikon w/Crystal Unlimited. They all did Epic and Snoqualmie.

Stevens continues to be crowded on weekends. Midweek, not so bad. Night skiing is back to being awesome.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Nice dry settled snow in the Wenatchee Mountains today. Just a slight zipper crust on solar aspects in spite of the 40f temperatures yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	Image1674926418.418800.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	649.1 KB 
ID:	444922

Name:	Image1674926430.951533.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	591.7 KB 
ID:	444923

Lol

So where’s the best seafood in Bellingham? Flying in on the 8th to spend a few days up at baker. If anyone might be down for a morning tour before the lifts spin, shoot me a pm. We r staying in glacier, kinda doubt anyone else in the group will be down for any real touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Jong View Post
    So where’s the best seafood in Bellingham? Flying in on the 8th to spend a few days up at baker. If anyone might be down for a morning tour before the lifts spin, shoot me a pm. We r staying in glacier, kinda doubt anyone else in the group will be down for any real touring.

Outta town then but theres no real good seafood in Bellingham. Bayou is ok but more like the chum bucket. Buncha overpriced places anywhere you look but the tripe burritos at A Que Tacos/Goods beer shack is the best cheap meal in town. $15 for a burrito the size of your face and a pint. I have sampled almost every meat/truck combo in town and it is hands down above the rest, even if tripe doesnt sound like your thing, trust me.

No food worth eating in glacier. C9 is the only liquor spot. Heliotrope is decent but 'ecclectic'. either way your eating Sysco/FSA. Honestly just stay late and close out the taproom at the hill.

If youre still around the next week let me know.

One thing I'd kind of noticed which finally clicked in my head today is how the switch to limited days for Ikon pass holders at Crystal has left the the Morse Creek, Sheep Lake, and Crystal Lake basins stunningly empty this year -- at least on the few occasions I've been out there. Not only have I not seen like *anyone* when I'm out there, there's not even more than one stray skin track or ski track out there.

All the way out to Crystal Bowla today and saw no one except for three guys at the E1 gate headed elsewhere and a day old skin track on a cold, but completely blue bird day. Granted, it's pretty dang far to hoof it with plenty of alternatives on offer and it's a lot to spend an Ikon day on I guess.

Anyway, some scenery from today

Name:	IMG_8498.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	911.3 KB 
ID:	445153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8501.jpg 
Size:	754.8 KB 
ID:	445154

Yeah, add me to that list of people
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Who are the White Pass mags in here? I've got some specific questions about terrain that's skinnable from the RV lot for quick dawn patrol laps, anyone willing to trade PMs with me?

My family arrives this Weds evening and we are planning to stay through mid day Tuesday ... 2 very young kids, childcare obligations, and we are traveling with another family so I'll only be skinning dong patrols (potentially Friday-Monday), and Monday is probably the only day that I might get 1.5 hours to go ski on lifts with a mag if anyone wants to share some goods.

Oh yeah, which lifts run for night skiing? It looks like this Saturday night is one of the few night skiing evenings. Happy turns, praying for real snow this weekend!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Who are the White Pass mags in here? I've got some specific questions about terrain that's skinnable from the RV lot for quick dawn patrol laps, anyone willing to trade PMs with me?

My family arrives this Weds evening and we are planning to stay through mid day Tuesday ... 2 very young kids, childcare obligations, and we are traveling with another family so I'll only be skinning dong patrols (potentially Friday-Monday), and Monday is probably the only day that I might get 1.5 hours to go ski on lifts with a mag if anyone wants to share some goods.

Oh yeah, which lifts run for night skiing? It looks like this Saturday night is one of the few night skiing evenings. Happy turns, praying for real snow this weekend!
    pm incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    pm incoming
    Thanks a million mate! I am happy to respond in kind if you ever need Orygun beta of any sort!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

The demographic and socio-political buttcrack.
    Cool temps, full sun, wind buff supreme and a country club vibe all day at CM.

Name:	IMG_20230130_104021717_HDR.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	445306

Name:	IMG_20230130_124120763_HDR.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	445308

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-01-29 at 8.42.51 PM.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	445327

Nice, quiet, partly sunny day at Dweebus today chasing Thing #2 and his pal at high speeds on Deer Valley 'roi. Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

How long could you keep the rippers in your sights?

Sounds like a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Nice, quiet, partly sunny day at Dweebus today chasing Thing #2 and his pal at high speeds on Deer Valley 'roi. Good times.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Outta town then but theres no real good seafood in Bellingham. Bayou is ok but more like the chum bucket. Buncha overpriced places anywhere you look but the tripe burritos at A Que Tacos/Goods beer shack is the best cheap meal in town. $15 for a burrito the size of your face and a pint. I have sampled almost every meat/truck combo in town and it is hands down above the rest, even if tripe doesnt sound like your thing, trust me.

No food worth eating in glacier. C9 is the only liquor spot. Heliotrope is decent but 'ecclectic'. either way your eating Sysco/FSA. Honestly just stay late and close out the taproom at the hill.

If youre still around the next week let me know.
    Right on, thanks! We fly back on Sunday the 12th, just a quick trip.

Going to disagree here. Doesn’t sound like Tommy’s looking for cheap. Check out The Oyster Bar on Chuckanut Drive. Maybe have an early bird dinner so you can take in the sunset over the islands. Great food. 10 day forecast is calling for decently cold temps and precip. Hasn't always been the case this winter, looks like you may get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Jong View Post

Check out Taylor shellfish for seafood. Great oysters and even better vibes. Also I’m down for a tour at baker

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    How long could you keep the rippers in your sights?

Sounds like a good day!
    I can keep up reasonably well on the groomers, and there wasn't much else to ski. They look better and beat me to the bottom but not by enough to piss them off enough to ditch me. On a pow day it would be a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Dweebtastical Dumpery

Name:	20230203_121715.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	445967Name:  20230203_124359.jpeg
Views: 621
Size:  31.5 KB

Killer wind buff at Mission today, so smoothly and silky