Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I will attest that crystal was pretty damn good yesterday . They had everything under Rex closed which obviously had been skied the day before , why not Jl just post signs about unmarked hazards ? Lame .. anyway sback was probably better than anything I skied last year (at least since January ). Bottomless …

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Opening was a bit of a shit show . Hey fucking boarders clue in , don’t take the traverse on the first day and especially when 50 people are trying to get across it … hike the throne and ride the sadddle down fuckers

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Watson and Crick would be proud.
    Sweetbippy follows me around at her peril, without fail she spoons or 8s my tracks.

Beautiful snow at Mission right now but sharks are everywhere, best to ski lightly

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    I will attest that crystal was pretty damn good yesterday . They had everything under Rex closed which obviously had been skied the day before , why not Jl just post signs about unmarked hazards ? Lame .. anyway sback was probably better than anything I skied last year (at least since January ). Bottomless …

I was wondering where you were on Wednesday, questioning myself: “Is this really a good day if the stag isn’t here? Am I fooling myself??”

Glad you got out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    They did but things were still a little sharky in places so so we decided to play it safe and leave that traverse for another day.

Not that there weren't tons of people taking it and dropping in at Hamburger. We might have played it too conservatively there but I do like my ptex right where it is.
    Backside traverse was in really good shape. Sharks were easy to avoid. Frontside was another story... Can attest to bottomless in Southback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I was wondering where you were on Wednesday, questioning myself: “Is this really a good day if the stag isn’t here? Am I fooling myself??”

Glad you got out there!
    Ha ha . Couldn’t make Wednesday but Thursday worked out .

Uphill passes at Snoqualmie $49 this year for non-pass holders, free for pass holders. Required starting 12/7 according to the website.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Uphill passes at Snoqualmie $49 this year for non-pass holders, free for pass holders. Required starting 12/7 according to the website.
    That's a hell of a price hike from last years "free with a $5 shipping fee". Crystal's uphill pass costs you a signature on the dotted line and doesn't expire.

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/uphill-travel-policy
    https://www.crystalmountainresort.co.../uphill-travel

PNW 2022/2023 Season - It's Triple Dip La Niña Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    That's a hell of a price hike from last years "free with a $5 shipping fee". Crystal's uphill pass costs you a signature on the dotted line and doesn't expire.

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/uphill-travel-policy
    https://www.crystalmountainresort.co.../uphill-travel
    Anticipate this will become the norm for a user group that provides zero revenue but (a small entitled minority of which) are a pain in the ass for ski area managers.
    They should all be required to pay $50 and amend their John Muir stickers to "and I must go to a ski area."

It's nice that a portion of the proceeds is donated to NWAC.
    Last edited by jackattack; 12-02-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Stevens did not suck today. Nice and deep and light and they had Kehrs open unexpectedly. Plenty of folks complaining that they didn’t do enough grooming.

I did the rest of you at Stevens a favor and headed back home to work around 12 which meant they of course opened up 7th.

Didn’t hear much scraping aside from some well placed logs in the trees. Not bad for December 2nd.

Gorgeous day at the pass - cold, blower, and good coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post

Gorgeous day at the pass - cold, blower, and good coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice work.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Off in the early afternoon knee deep stupid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	436464  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Even West was great.

Quote Originally Posted by ey_allen View Post
    Stevens did not suck today. Nice and deep and light and they had Kehrs open unexpectedly. Plenty of folks complaining that they didn’t do enough grooming.

I did the rest of you at Stevens a favor and headed back home to work around 12 which meant they of course opened up 7th.

Didn’t hear much scraping aside from some well placed logs in the trees. Not bad for December 2nd.
    We left around noon as well. I expected soft groomers and brought the appropriate Bonafide rock skis. Should have brought my Katana rock skis. Coverage was far better than anticipated. Didn’t find any sharks.

The team was really pulling out the stops to make sure they were ready and the optics were good. I’m encouraged the new management and team will get it right this year.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Stevens was incredible today! BC 120s on opening day, had a blast

All this stoke makes me happy. Let’s go get after it this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    The team was really pulling out the stops to make sure they were ready and the optics were good. I’m encouraged the new management and team will get it right this year.
    Definitely seemed like there is a real effort to get off to a better start this year. Lift report for the day was under promised and over delivered. I’m pretty damn hopeful so far.

Took my new (to me) Billy Goats for a test drive at West today, think I need to divorce my wife now because we’re soul mates.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1670106473.891442.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	237.0 KB 
ID:	436553

Such a beautiful crisp morning, got bored at West after about 37 minutes so I skinned up Silver Fir.

Name:	Image1670106495.300879.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	436554

Great to be on skis again.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	824.0 KB 
ID:	436630

PNW 2022/2023 Season - It's Triple Dip La Niña Time!

Went to xtal joking that it was a fake pow day because only Northway was untracked. Brought less-than-pow skis. Skied a shocking amount of pow, and also so much dry, awesome consolidated snow as well. Cold and and blue skies kept everything super crisp. I have not learned to levitate and hit rocks on the traverse - worth it today.

I boogied up to alpental this evening after putting our girl to bed, skinned up to the top of Armstrong by moonlight. Gusty winds from the east were moving a lot of snow around, resetting some zones and making for fun turns. There are some spooky wind slabs of varying densities forming, be careful out there tomorrow. I popped a small one loose on a convexity and immediately felt great about not continuing to international.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Name:	ED2A5748-1F4F-46F5-8A73-8622FF23A0EE.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	914.9 KB 
ID:	436713Sloppy seconds at Mission today. Unconsolidated and shallow but still pretty damn good in spots.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Sloppy seconds at Mission today. Unconsolidated and shallow but still pretty damn good in spots.
    Nice work T!

I looked down that path and thought that the entrance around the vent might still be a little too thin. One more foot and it should be full send.