Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 137
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Kootenays
    Posts
    1,460
    The avalanche.ca site also has access to the BC Highways weather stations. That's handy for a quick check in a region.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    14
    Here’s a quick conditions update from the Valhallas:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD48C09D-5B33-48C7-8F77-F893F7026F0B.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	732.7 KB 
ID:	434247  

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    420
    Been to the BC coast range, Valhallas, Monashees, Selkirks, Rockies, and almost everything in between. So, this holiday season I am stoked to be going with my sweetheart to Sun Peaks and Silver Star. 7 days in the Okanagans... Ski in/Ski out... no cars except for the traveling. Will be @ SP from 12/22-26 and SS from 12/26-29. Following this thread daily. Cheers.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,891
    Silver Star and SP opening this weekend. A great start but no new snow in over 10 days. I am still stoked to take the kiddos up there sat and sunday.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sun Peaks Resort
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Been to the BC coast range, Valhallas, Monashees, Selkirks, Rockies, and almost everything in between. So, this holiday season I am stoked to be going with my sweetheart to Sun Peaks and Silver Star. 7 days in the Okanagans... Ski in/Ski out... no cars except for the traveling. Will be @ SP from 12/22-26 and SS from 12/26-29. Following this thread daily. Cheers.
    Local Kamloops skiers don't show up at Sun Peaks in big numbers until Dec 27, so you should be skiing some runs with no one else on them. And in the event there is a lineup at the Sundance and Sunburst lifts, out of the Village, it is a short walk across the road to the covered bridge and a platter lift that takes you high enough to ski a cat track to the Morrisey Chairlift where it is guaranteed no lift lines and from there it is possible to ski over (with a walk back across the road) to the Burfield Chair with again no lift lines.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,698

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,891
    ^^^ awesome. Had a great trip there last January. Such a good vibe and great terrain. Met bomber briefly on changeover but he is a legend.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    ^^^ awesome. Had a great trip there last January. Such a good vibe and great terrain. Met bomber briefly on changeover but he is a legend.
    That looks amazing. 'Bout what is the cost? Website is secretive...

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,891
    Depends on what you do. We were guided and catered (food was amazing) for a week and it was around $2800 I think.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    139
    any "on the ground" beta from Kimberley and the lift fiasco? Last official update was November 4 - basically "going well, but need another part from Europe; hopefully it arrives quickly and lift is turning before opening day". And here it is a month before opening...!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Local Kamloops skiers don't show up at Sun Peaks in big numbers until Dec 27, so you should be skiing some runs with no one else on them. And in the event there is a lineup at the Sundance and Sunburst lifts, out of the Village, it is a short walk across the road to the covered bridge and a platter lift that takes you high enough to ski a cat track to the Morrisey Chairlift where it is guaranteed no lift lines and from there it is possible to ski over (with a walk back across the road) to the Burfield Chair with again no lift lines.
    Thank you for the info. We chose Sun Peaks for those uncrowded holiday slopes. (Doesn't hurt that they do summer grooming to make it easier to open early season terrain.). (Edit... and now we are going to revy instead of silverstar.
    Last edited by CnRzG; 11-21-2022 at 08:38 PM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    14
    It’s been a sunny start to the season in the Central Kootenays—pretty good skiing though. Travel conditions have been good making for some awesome adventures—here’s a quick summary of the snowpack from six days in five different zones…got to put first tracks of the season in every one of them😉

    We’ve got a couple of spots available on week at the Burnie Glacier Chalet this year if you’re interested.❄️⛷
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	832EDCA5-81C1-4D27-BC64-C63125B3CB57.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	370.6 KB 
ID:	434948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041C1247-C9BB-4661-AF8B-CEE13F574F9F.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	402.1 KB 
ID:	434949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6497F8D5-3FAB-4B87-8CB7-B43042A84252.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	349.9 KB 
ID:	434950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5670328F-70FA-457C-8778-AA91E98BC22A.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	600.5 KB 
ID:	434951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8A78F54-0112-4682-81BA-B953A20F891C.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	386.4 KB 
ID:	434952  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3797C2DC-A328-437E-91DB-A7B1C2FEAD55.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	436.8 KB 
ID:	434953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73FAF511-8358-4F02-B985-A49410A0CAB2.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	450.4 KB 
ID:	434954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99F91ABC-6063-44AD-A64D-F485B872EDAA.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	704.5 KB 
ID:	434955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3E267DE-37F0-4B18-BDD7-DC502EAFB0CA.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	520.9 KB 
ID:	434956  
    Last edited by Arctos Guides; 11-22-2022 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Typo

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,891
    Silver Star was amazing yesterday for Nov 27th, about 20cm of blown in cream. They got another 15cm again last night.
    Big change since last week. Felt so good to let them run!
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,891
    Boot to knee deep blower today @ SS. Can't believe it is still November. Didn't have one day like today inbounds last year.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    876
    So - my first visit to Sun Peaks. It’s always like this isn’t it? 25cm of some very fluffy stuff.

    It was ok

    If you like that sort of thing




    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    3,914
    Yup, early season storms at Sun Peaks are sublime.

    Attended the guide meet & greet at Mike Wiegele last night, reps from CMH where there as well. Reports are that nice pockets of good conditions out there exist, but the warm and dry extended summer has many areas in the Headwaters at an unusually low tide. Guests start arriving soon so this most recent storm is greatly appreciated.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    So - my first visit to Sun Peaks. It’s always like this isn’t it? 25cm of some very fluffy stuff.

    It was ok

    If you like that sort of thing




    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Great timing!!!
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sun Peaks Resort
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Yup, early season storms at Sun Peaks are sublime.

    Attended the guide meet & greet at Mike Wiegele last night, reps from CMH where there as well. Reports are that nice pockets of good conditions out there exist, but the warm and dry extended summer has many areas in the Headwaters at an unusually low tide. Guests start arriving soon so this most recent storm is greatly appreciated.
    Early season Sun Peaks can have 25 or 30cms less base than other resorts but still have better coverage due to SP not being a very rocky resort to begin with, some snow making, but most of all they have done and continue to do a ton of summer grooming with just about every stump on the mountain pulled, rocks picked, weeds cut and grass planted. The summer grooming program pays dividends every year.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,596
    What up BC crew — have a maggot ski trip planned for late January. It will be a crew of 4-5 rippers. Planning on hitting Red then staying in Nelson for 4 nights and skiing WW. Would love to sync up and ski with some local mags; hit me up if your keen to show us around. Lift access or touring.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    547
    Great opening day at RMR which weirdly had the fewest people lining up for the gondola I can remember (been here since their second season). Pretty much the whole mountain was open top to bottom except for the subpeak, upper North bowl and the glades. Not great depth, with plenty of little trees and brush to slalom round on some runs but plenty of powder and not getting tracked up too quickly.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    14
    Here’s a quick update on Rogers Pass https://mountainconditions.ca/report...itions-persist

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	517702E2-F299-4A5C-9689-9B4D86805A01.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	577.9 KB 
ID:	437124

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,891
    Silver Star was incredible yesterday. Backside opening and was pounding snow all day! https://www.facebook.com/SilverStarM...05608613359211
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    420
    Can't wait to visit the BC interior next week. It's been since 2011 or 12. Can't remember.

    We have been planning this since last February. Thinking we needed to book in advance for the best dog-friendly rooms. Skiing Sun Peaks from the 23rd through 25th. But, may ski alone at Revy on the 27th or 28th. If anyone wants to ski, maybe show me some of their favorite hopefully and finally filled in... fingers crossed... trees... PM me. I promise not to tell. We are staying at the Coast at both locations. Stronger older, 56, expert. Don't do cliffs. Cheers.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,698
    Red finally opened the Gray chair today. Boot deep, cold consolidated powder, no crowd, and a whole mountain to track out. Overall conditions are a bit low tide, but pre Christmas and tourist season is the best.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    420
    Yesterday at SunPeaks wasn't a deep powder day. But what powder I found was amazing! Crystal Bowl top to bottom was empty, incredible, and untracked. Love this place. Not getting the snow that our next destination is getting. But thoroughly enjoying this special, uncrowded resort.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •