Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fulltilt Soul Sister K2, what to do?

If this topic has been discussed, I'd appreciate links (tia).

So anyway, I have been on the Soul Sister boot for a very long time, over several iterations. While I don't have the perfect foot shape, it's still the best experience for me overall - I just have to swap for a stiffer tongue.

Now I need new boots, what to do? Can I just proform this year off K2 and be on my merry way, same size?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Looking at the K2 website, the new boot is called the FL3X.

I'm also struggling mentally with new intuition liners, they are all thin at the bottom now? I think I can still get a wrapped tongue on some of these models.

My foot is super narrow in the heel/ankle and a very high arch, but wide in the toe box, like a duck. So the Soul Sister has always been a tad narrow in the front, but perfect through the rest of the boot.

What to do?

I will talk to the guy at Podium and try some stuff on I guess. Figuring out boots is really not fun for me. Sigh.
    Last edited by shera; 11-03-2022 at 04:56 AM.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Looking at the K2 website, the new boot is called the FL3X.

I'm also struggling mentally with new intuition liners, they are all thin at the bottom now? I think I can still get a wrapped tongue on some of these models.

My foot is super narrow in the heel/ankle and a very high arch, but wide in the toe box, like a duck. So the Soul Sister has always been a tad narrow in the front, but perfect through the rest of the boot.

What to do?

I will talk to the guy at Podium and try some stuff on I guess. Figuring out boots is really not fun for me. Sigh.
    Bootfitter is the best start.

Not sure which liner is in your current boots but Intuition makes a wrap style liner, Pro Wrap. Copied their info below

"PRO WRAP liners are new to the Power Wrap Series, and are an excellent option if you require the medium body thickness of the original Power Wrap, but are looking for more room in the foot and toe box area. A high-density, medium thickness, wrap style liner with reinforced cuff wrap for additional stiffness. Featuring a 2mm Strobel sole, with removable 7mm foam insole for easy volume adjustment and a roomy toe box."

I'm using a Full Tilt First Chair boot and have a similar shape foot as yours, the Pro Wrap relieved my "crammed toe area" issue just fine. More room in the toe area and solid fit everywhere else
    Last edited by skuff; 11-03-2022 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spellun

Yeah, I put that pro wrap liner in my boots last year. The shin area is lovely, just like OG. Two other problems for me, 1) the sole is so thin, like 2mm, 2) the height of it, runs into my calf muscle, I like the way girl's boots and cuffs are lower and maybe I got a guy's liner...

I went digging in the shed and found these old Raichle liners that have never been heated! I just wonder if I can cut the tops off of them, at least in the back? I have new soles and buckles so I can give a new life to these old boots. Then I'll have something to teach on and leave in the locker when I get new boots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2d64bcb5-9174-4709-9a42-be434234f69a.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	432217
    Henry David Thoreau

Here's the best liner, I wouldn't even need a footbed: https://intuitionliners.com/shop/power-wrap-plus/

This one is ok too I guess: https://intuitionliners.com/shop/alpine/

The sole is 8mm thick.

But I don't know how to get a proform on that one and they are expensive.

edit: Ignore those two! They are selling the original config, 12mm sole! https://intuitionliners.com/shop/classic-hd/
    Henry David Thoreau

I think I remember seeing that Full Tilt had custom liners from Intuition that had an extra layer of low density foam to make them feel extra plush and padded, which they do compared with the standard Intuition wrap liners. You might be able to contact Intuition to see if they still have any they’d be willing to sell you (their customer service is awesome), or you might try scouring eBay.

All that said the extra foam, given it’s low density, probably isn’t all that functional. It feels nice, sure, but it’s almost certainly completely compressed when you’re actually riding.

sweet blog mir!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Ha, yeah this turned into a big brain fart, didn't it? If I try to cut down those Raichle liners I'll post up results.
    Henry David Thoreau

good info

I’m just happy to see the Princess of Power

If you’re interested I have a pair of FT soul sisters for sale with wrap liners that were not heated. 25.5. Cheaper than pro form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    If you’re interested I have a pair of FT soul sisters for sale with wrap liners that were not heated. 25.5. Cheaper than pro form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you know that I'm 25.5, this is weird. :P

I spent hours yesterday changing the soles and buckles of my boots, Maybe they are just like new, well except maybe the plastic is degraded over time. They are soft af in spring bumps, kinda crazy ride.

I need to see a pic of these boots you have. Were they skied without heating the liners or something like that? Or new? New is nice.
    Henry David Thoreau

we all know your boot size

Henry David Thoreau

Not sure if I missed it in the thread but I believe K2 is still using the older FT/raichle molds.

For liners, they were using a higher amount of foam on the bases for a while to eliminate the need for a footbed, but they stopped doing that ~4 ish years ago. So a stock intuition liner should work.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Yeah, I put that pro wrap liner in my boots last year. The shin area is lovely, just like OG. Two other problems for me, 1) the sole is so thin, like 2mm, 2) the height of it, runs into my calf muscle, I like the way girl's boots and cuffs are lower and maybe I got a guy's liner...

I went digging in the shed and found these old Raichle liners that have never been heated! I just wonder if I can cut the tops off of them, at least in the back? I have new soles and buckles so I can give a new life to these old boots. Then I'll have something to teach on and leave in the locker when I get new boots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2d64bcb5-9174-4709-9a42-be434234f69a.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	432217
    Is anyone familiar with that old Rachle liner in the pic? Can it be heated in the oven? I put it in a boot box with the blow dryer for a few minutes and it didn't soften much, def did not go squishy like intuition liners when hot. But maybe I didn't heat it enough?
    Henry David Thoreau

Is anyone familiar with that old Rachle liner in the pic? Can it be heated in the oven? I put it in a boot box with the blow dryer for a few minutes and it didn't soften much, def did not go squishy like intuition liners when hot. But maybe I didn't heat it enough?

It LOOKS like an intuition liner.

Did you try their suggested at-home method?

https://intuitionliners.com/home-fitting/

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wYE-gCLV0

www.experiencedgear.net

just heat a bit more, or go ski it.

I have a set of tom W in 25. cheap. Let me know

That old Raichle liner is super thick. 100% sure it is a Intuition from before Intuition even sold their own branded. It likely is the same thickness as the classic HD or thicker. The foam may be a little softer though.

I think it really needs to be heated in the boot ovens shops have or in a home convection oven. The one I had I could hardly get my foot into in a generous fitting boot without molding.
    Last edited by turnfarmer; 11-27-2022 at 01:59 PM. Reason: More info

If you are an intuition owner wanting to DYI, these are worth buying-

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+oven&_sacat=0

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    That old Raichle liner is super thick. 100% sure it is a Intuition from before Intuition even sold their own branded. It likely is the same thickness as the classic HD or thicker. The foam may be a little softer though.

I think it really needs to be heated in the boot ovens shops have or in a home convection oven. The one I had I could hardly get my foot into in a generous fitting boot without molding.
    Thanks for the answers everyone. turnfarmer, I think you have described the situation with the liner thickness. I can barely get my foot in when the liner is in the shell and I took took the footboards (and footbeds) out! Def much thicker than my og intuition liners, but maybe they are the wrong size for the shell?

I do have a convection oven. I can heat them if everyone agrees that they will soften and compress and have a chance to fit when heated.
    Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for the answers everyone. turnfarmer, I think you have described the situation with the liner thickness. I can barely get my foot in when the liner is in the shell and I took took the footboards (and footbeds) out! Def much thicker than my og intuition liners, but maybe they are the wrong size for the shell?

I do have a convection oven. I can heat them if everyone agrees that they will soften and compress and have a chance to fit when heated.
    Have you checked the space between your foot and the shell without the liner installed?
    You may need a thinner liner.

www.experiencedgear.net

Yeah I feel like the pro wrap liner in there now is just a tad roomy, I'm having to wear thicker socks. Sking fine though, I am dialed - I have many sock options, haha.

The raichle liner might just be too much volume and won't work at all.
    Henry David Thoreau

Yeah I feel like the pro wrap liner in there now is just a tad roomy, I'm having to wear thicker socks. Sking fine though, I am dialed - I have many sock options, haha.

The raichle liner might just be too much volume and won't work at all.
    Based on Intuition's website, looks like the Pro Wrap is slightly lower volume than the Power Wrap.

Pro Wrap:
    "The Pro Wrap is a medium volume liner and works best with a shell fit* of 1.25-2 fingers (1/2″-1¼”)"

Power Wrap:
    "The Power Wrap is a medium volume liner and works best with a shell fit* of 1.5-2 fingers (1/2″-1¼”)"

You could also consider the power wrap + which is higher volume than the regular power wrap too.

www.experiencedgear.net

Don’t know if this has been said but try on some roxa or dalbello products ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums