Help some high school kids learn to be ski techs!

Hi all, I'm hoping the power of the interwebs can help me source some gear for the benefit of some high school kids. I'm running a class where students learn how to tune, maintain and mount skis and boards. These kids don't know how lucky they have it! The mounting lesson is coming up, though, and I don't have any jigs. I've got a handful of Salomon S912/14 bindings and I'm desperate for that jig (ideally multiple). I'm hoping this community can come through and help me find some jigs. I have a modest public school budget to pay for some gear. Please let me know if you or someone you know has access to those jigs. Thank you!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02275.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	432170

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i have your jig
    maybe 2
    and a few
    s900 and assorted soli binders
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Don’t forget beers.

^^^ And weed. Can’t be a tech without weed

Seriously, Madd Propz to SFB

Yeah, make sure they know where to place a "beverage" as not to knock it over when tuning... Oh and tips to the left.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Teach em right, come on man. Tips are always left on the bench.
    Take one lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Photo is backwards??

Teach em the paper template method too. See the mount your own fuckin skis thread / the template threads.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Teach em right, come on man. Tips are always left on the bench.
    Take one lap
    Even if the tech is a lefty? Those people do some weird things.

How is the supply of epoxy, steelwool and bamboo skewers for plugging holes? Need any rocks for detuning tips and tail?

Would you rather bring skis in for a free student mount, or go get a haircut at a barber school?

Well, the Jr tech does have a broken right arm, so technically a temporary lefty ..

Teaching teens to be good ski techs should start out without wintersteigers and jigs.. In my day we used the manual, non electric drills with no rulers and liked it that way..

File, file card, stone, metal and plastic scrapers, wax, cork.. Have fun kids...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Surely there is something higher to aspire to than ski tech? (And by higher I don't mean drugs.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Surely there is something higher to aspire to than ski tech? (And by higher I don't mean drugs.)
    Seems more useful than a lot of my high school classes were.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When I was in high school I was really into cars and hot rods. My HS counselor suggested I go study to be an auto tech. I was appalled that he thought I should go live a life like the fat, ignorant, greasy, bald mechanic I knew at the local repair shop.
    So I went on to study something different, bounced around many unsatisfying jobs, had several career shifts, finally found success and the freedom to do what I wanted to do. What did I do? I started working on motorcycles and cars as a hobby.
    What I know now, and I didn't know then, was that being an auto tech or having skills in that realm could lead to a lot of amazing opportunities besides being a Grease monkey at the local corner shop.
    I look at all of the incredible custom fab work going on in shops, the race teams of motorcycles and cars all around the world being staffed by skilled techs living exotic lives and having fun. All of the product design opportunities, etc. There is so much more we can do once we learn skills with our hands, and with the omnipresence of technology, it is more important than ever to support this for kids.

Having a high school kid learn basic hands-on grunt work is a great idea.
    At least they learn to tune their own gear, and learn to use their hands which may lead to all kinds of different creative outlets and career choices besides becoming another YouTube content creator, influencer, or app developer.

Think if it as home-ec for skiiers.

This is a good thing.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I'm all for teaching manual skills in HS. Mechanics of all kinds, construction, a big one around here although it's cc, not hs, is mechatronics, which combines mechanical and computer skills--ie modern ski lifts. Our plumber was a guy who worked summers with a plumber in dental school and dropped out to make a career of it. I was standard college prep but my HS had 22 curricula, most of them trade oriented (also music and theater curricula). Not much of that available like that anymore.

I suppose there's a whisker of a chance that a kid could wind up as a WC tech. And just giving kids the chance to do something with their hands, for fun and maybe pay for a season of ski bumming, is worth something if there's not an opportunity to do something more sophisticated. I used to go to the state fair and marvel at the beautifully made complicated furniture the hs kids made. It's impressive what they can do when they have the opportunity.

Hi all, I'm still ISO some Salomon s912/24 jigs (or any other jigs for that matter). Anybody have old or duplicate jigs lying around that they can part with? It's for a good cause. Thanks.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan816 View Post
    Hi all, I'm still ISO some Salomon s912/24 jigs (or any other jigs for that matter). Anybody have old or duplicate jigs lying around that they can part with? It's for a good cause. Thanks.
    I've got to sift through our old jigs and might be able to pass a few on, but I'm heading out of town till 12/8. If I forget shoot me a pm and I'm sure I can find something for you.

Do you have access to a 3D printer? The MottN printed jigs are pretty good, and might be a chance to work some other skills in (the actual printing part).

Awesome, thanks. I'll PM you after the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I've got to sift through our old jigs and might be able to pass a few on, but I'm heading out of town till 12/8. If I forget shoot me a pm and I'm sure I can find something for you.