Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    It's either adjustable or priapism. Choose now.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Name:  408D4FCD-7D78-4AAE-9E29-359822E00BD4.jpeg
Views: 921
Size:  21.7 KB

Ski Poles
    watch out for snakes

^^^^Not fully padded, ehhh!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    My issue with flicklock has nothing to do with how easy or difficult it is to use it. You've never had it open at a wrong time and lost the bottom half of your pole on a deep day? Nothing like having to make your own pole out of a dead branch halfway through a 5k vert pow day. No bueno.
    I don't know how many hundreds/thousands of days I've skied with adjustable poles, but no, this has never happened to me. I don't even think I've heard of that happening. The old style twist lock poles from LEKI and Lifelink would freeze up, but that just left you with a crappy Folkrmbaton pole.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    actualy it does sound like you had trouble with the ease or difficulty of pole operation

I know the lever is a tough one so just get your mom to help you
    Shit... I wish I had thought of that. I guess I'll have to resort to bringing out my old BD flicklocks only on days she comes touring.

Overall it sounds like these padded poles were created for beaters like myself. I'll take 5cms of ribbed pleasure above my hand over losing another flicklock bottom again, no matter how it happens.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 11-18-2022 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Shit... I wish I had thought of that. I guess I'll have to resort to bringing out my old BD flicklocks only on days she comes touring.

Overall it sounds like these padded poles were created for beaters like myself. I'll take 5cms or ribbed pleasure above my hand over losing another flicklock bottom again, no matter how it happens.
    I have had these issues occasionally with a certain generation of BD poles too, sometimes the lock just catches on something and opens. My partner has the newer version which has a tensioning screw and the lock seems much better on those.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I like furry poles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221117-173542_Google.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	434503
    yepper

poles to mirror the lifestyle choice eh

Utility vs Aesthetic. I'm solidly in the camp that still think it looks awkward to have a dildo above your hand but perhaps over time it wont look out of place for all the photSLUTS out there.

She likes furry poles also.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    I like furry poles.

There’s a story there I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

did boissal get a padded ski pole stuck up his butt? Ribbed for your pleasure was just a low-hanging joke, not a regurgitation of advice from blister mag, sir. Not sure why Im getting targeted.

I like thinking about gear as much as the next person (you're browsing tech talk on tgr), but personally I use simple gear such as bindings that don't have any fiddling except a riser flap. You like two piece aluminum poles, I like one-piece ones. Sorry about that.

As for skiing, my once-shiny gear now has a multitude of scratches on it - I feel like I've gotten out enough to be able to claim that I actually ski, and off the beaten path.

Aren't you the one with the influencer girlfriend I see on IG all the time? Beth skis? So do the rest of us, and in places other than cardiff fork!

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    I like furry poles.

so what else is furry ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

She is the inventor of the padded pole.

Do these count?

Name:	F6E01976-53BB-447B-B471-B14050176361.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	321.2 KB 
ID:	436042
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I have a set of BD vapor carbon poles.

Big fan.

I just never really adjust my poles - so why bother having adjustable poles.

up - put hands on top of poles.

Sidehill - use foam grip

Skiing down - hold as you would.

I probably run a bit shorter than may be optimal for the skin, but it doesn't seem to change my pace. It is slow and taller poles don't make if much faster and shorter don't make it slower)

Only have one season on them so can't comment on durability but no sign of issues yet.

I am simple man (or simpleton depending on who you ask) and I like simple gear- so these work for me.

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...bon-ski-poles/
    Have the Vapor Carbon poles some protection against the ski edges in the lower section and huw do they hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Do these count?

Name:	F6E01976-53BB-447B-B471-B14050176361.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	321.2 KB 
ID:	436042
    Yes, kind of short but correctly wrapped bottom to top, I'm assuming that^^^ was the left-over bar tape from a new instal

I used the old tape I took off the bar cuz I noticed the half of the tape that had been covered on the bar was in perfect shape so I just wrapped the other way

Quote Originally Posted by PNB View Post
    Have the Vapor Carbon poles some protection against the ski edges in the lower section and huw do they hold up?
    Not good - last week I was cleaning some snow off of a tree that I was about to uptrack under and I snapped one in half.

Back to aluminum for me!

Glad I checked back in here to catch these gems...

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Not sure why Im getting targeted.
    Get off the cross bud, we need the wood. I happened to use your words because they were a perfect illustration of the level of wankery that can be reached in a tech conversation about poles. Don't take it personally, or do.

As for skiing, my once-shiny gear now has a multitude of scratches on it - I feel like I've gotten out enough to be able to claim that I actually ski, and off the beaten path.
    Again, no need to take it personally, I was referring to the generic opinionated tech bro that can be found spewing reheated nonsense about skiing/biking/you name it. Sorry it hit so close to home!
    Glad you're getting out a bunch though. Not sure why you felt the need to specify that you were actually skiing, I'm sure we're all on that program but thanks for clarifying.

Aren't you the one with the influencer girlfriend I see on IG all the time? Beth skis?
    The influencer lady you're thinking of is married, and not to me. She's good people, she gets after it, and as far as I know she's not particularly infatuated with Cardiff? You follow her on IG, you tell me... Creeper.
    If you want to get personal you might want to get your facts straights and keep unrelated parties out of your drivel.

So do the rest of us, and in places other than cardiff fork!
    Not sure why you're so bent about that place, it has great skiing. I was up there this morning skiing some fine snow down some fine steeps, no complaints. If I had to be forever confined to one drainage in the Wasatch, Cardiff would be in my top 3.
    You mad cause people keep beating you to first turns down George's and you still haven't figured out a way into Old Growth without booting it?
    Nice spray about how far and wide you get after it though! That's 2 time in 4 lines of text you mentioned it. Not exactly subtle but you don't strike me as the brainy type. Is this where we compare skiing resumes? You've already embarrassed yourself a fair bit with that post, I'd hate to continue piling on.

Sorry about that.
    You're fucking 10-ply bud. Keep giggling about ribbed poles like there was an actual joke there.

Say hi if you see me out and about, I'm sure you're not as much of a tool in person as that nonsense you posted suggests.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

Get off the cross bud, we need the wood. I happened to use your words because they were a perfect illustration of the level of wankery that can be reached in a tech conversation about poles. Don't take it personally, or do.

Again, no need to take it personally, I was referring to the generic opinionated tech bro that can be found spewing reheated nonsense about skiing/biking/you name it. Sorry it hit so close to home!
    Glad you're getting out a bunch though. Not sure why you felt the need to specify that you were actually skiing, I'm sure we're all on that program but thanks for clarifying.

The influencer lady you're thinking of is married, and not to me. She's good people, she gets after it, and as far as I know she's not particularly infatuated with Cardiff? You follow her on IG, you tell me... Creeper.
    If you want to get personal you might want to get your facts straights and keep unrelated parties out of your drivel.

Not sure why you're so bent about that place, it has great skiing. I was up there this morning skiing some fine snow down some fine steeps, no complaints. If I had to be forever confined to one drainage in the Wasatch, Cardiff would be in my top 3.
    You mad cause people keep beating you to first turns down George's and you still haven't figured out a way into Old Growth without booting it?
    Nice spray about how far and wide you get after it though! That's 2 time in 4 lines of text you mentioned it. Not exactly subtle but you don't strike me as the brainy type. Is this where we compare skiing resumes? You've already embarrassed yourself a fair bit with that post, I'd hate to continue piling on.

You're fucking 10-ply bud. Keep giggling about ribbed poles like there was an actual joke there.

Say hi if you see me out and about, I'm sure you're not as much of a tool in person as that nonsense you posted suggests.
    Top tier roast

I've used BD Flicklocks for hundreds of days without issue. I've also used ribbed Chamonix Dildeaux poles for what must be close to a hundred days. I slightly prefer the Dildeauxs for occasions that don't involve lifts or long flat approaches. I recommend choosing the ones that best help you perform your chosen badass skier identity.

Expediting for a ski hut the pole I seen the most often loaded into the helo was the flicklock, those people were obviously just trying to act badass

I kind of associate the long-grip ski poles with floppy skiing style, stem turns, and confusion on what to do with the poles while actually skiing. Or maybe that's just the average NW long-gripper?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Top tier roast
    I especially liked the two Letterkenny references that were included.

Anyone else seen the “no poles, coffee cup instead” look that the female beaters seem to be taking to? Not just one run, all day, cup in hand, no poles.

Is it a power move proving she doesn’t care about coffee stains on her bogner cause daddy will just buy her a new one? Or are these lady beater on the prowl for a man and proving their beer delivery skills run after run?

i guess there’s a reason Jerry originates here.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

i og satched laughed
    but not out loud
    thats kids stuff
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno