Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    I'll be up there tonight through Tuesday. Showing a couple of ex skiers from Colorado who now live in Florida the mountain. They apparently use ski blades now! Should be funny to see the return of the 80s

Does anybody know someone with a big enough snow plow (probably Bobcat size or better) for a one-off job?

The owner is out with a knee replacement surgery and I doubt I can deal with this with just the Honda blower we have. I don't need a super job, just debulk it with a few passes and I can finish with the normal blower. any idea about going rates?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5139.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	445926
    Photo credit to ESS

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Does anybody know someone with a big enough snow plow (probably Bobcat size or better) for a one-off job?

The owner is out with a knee replacement surgery and I doubt I can deal with this with just the Honda blower we have. I don't need a super job, just debulk it with a few passes and I can finish with the normal blower. any idea about going rates?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5139.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	445926
    Photo credit to ESS
    Yea I think so, will reach out to my buddy B who has a house up there. Won't be cheap given that it's Mammoth but let me reach out & get back to you. I'd be happy to come lend a hand for a few as well.

I appreciate it, thanks

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Yo,
    Congratulations on your 1st post! Go into your account profile and check your messages. I sent you one. If you don’t see it let me know.
    Cheers
    Would you mind forwarding to me as well? Done lots in the summer but would appreciate current beta with the fat snowpack...

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    Would you mind forwarding to me as well? Done lots in the summer but would appreciate current beta with the fat snowpack...
    Will do. On the road headed Norh right now. When I get home I’ll send it your way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hutash, have your buddy talk to his neighbor and use their guy since he is in the neighborhood.

Is the area you want cleared staked? If it's not, it will be tough to find someone. If the house is up by Canyon, you should call rock & dirt. They are off Berner St. and can get there quick. They also do a lot of houses in the slopes.

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    Message sent.

hutash, there is a guy named Buffy Mashburn that is offering one-time snow removal service with a Bobcat. He charges $200/hr. 775-335-9381.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mamm...49218081771365
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Wanted: Mammoth Season Pass 22/23

If anyone has a season pass they want to sell or know someone who does, please let me know. I unexpectedly just moved back to CA and I’d like to get in a bunch of days on the mountain but I missed all the typical deadlines to get a pass.

Top 3 mammoth day for me today. Started mellow with ikon pass breakfast and “early ups”. Got in 2 runs with my daughter before dropping her off at school at eagle (top tip for storm days from my buddy B). Went back to canyon for run up 16, then up and over to mill to meet buddy. Few laps there, then to 22 to avy chutes but then it shut for wind hold so I went to check in on daughter at lunch. At like 1pm I was traversing to 8 and thought I saw 22 spinning again….up 8 and boom…zero line. At this point it had all filed in with more snow and there we’re basically zero skiers. First run down avy 2 had multiple face shots through thigh deep super light blower. Did 5 runs over about an hour and was smoked. Total hero snow, dipping in and out of trees it was just too perfect. Can’t wait for tomorrow/Tuesday bluebird days , just hoping it’s not too windy and the top opens in short order.

Oh and side note: the snow around town and on the hill is just bananas. I was expecting a lot and this was just biblical. FKNA.

Stoked you guys are enjoying it!

We're going up on Thursday dawn, skiing through either Saturday or Sunday.

Hopefully this storm will have dealt with all the issues on top due to the northeast wind. I'm curious to hear some reports from today.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Stoked you guys are enjoying it!

We're going up on Thursday dawn, skiing through either Saturday or Sunday.

Hopefully this storm will have dealt with all the issues on top due to the northeast wind. I'm curious to hear some reports from today.
    I only got a couple of runs, but it was good. Typical Mammoth in that it skied 50% less deep than the snowfall totals because of the wind. NE wind is ripping, but hasn't F'd things up too badly, yet... The snow was quite light actually even with the wind that was on it. Beautiful day out there!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I only got a couple of runs, but it was good. Typical Mammoth in that it skied 50% less deep than the snowfall totals because of the wind. NE wind is ripping, but hasn't F'd things up too badly, yet... The snow was quite light actually even with the wind that was on it. Beautiful day out there!
    After the last long bout of NE wind I'm somewhat paranoid!

Last year the upper mountain was in the process of getting dialed, then the slide screwed things up. Then it stopped snowing.

This year I was just praying a slide didn't screw things up. That has been the case so far, then the wind came.

I'm hoping things get packed down and the crazy NE wind doesn't come. The last bout of NE winds was certainly somewhat anomalous, let's hope it doesn't happen again.

The wind is supposed to shit more favorably. Let's hope that ends up happening. The base is awesome, as long as we don't get another crazy NE wind event the top should ski well for a while.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Sunday was a top 5 all time day for me. Steady wind and heavy snow kept the lines short. Blower snow that just kept filling in all day long. I don't think you could have found a bad spot to ski. Caught chair 5 right as it spun and took a few laps in whiteout conditions - some of the best turns I've ever had at Mammoth.

They didn't spin 23 or the upper gondi and I heard they sold a record number of burgers. Chase would have hated it.

Hoping for a sunny weekend to take the baby out in the pouch. Saw some with this last weekend and was pretty impressed, looked it up and its $100 freaking dollars, oh well. Appreciate any other tips you have about pouch skiing.

Count me as another with a great day on Sunday. I started at 7:30 with early ups on Rollercoaster before moving to chair 22 just in time for it to open. Got first tracks down Viva which was nice and deep. Kept with chair 22 for a few more laps before the rest of my group joined. They didn't like the cold and bailed (to eat burgers, I kid you not) after around 2 hours. I kept spinning laps all over the mountain and got the last chair on chair 8. Still found fresh turns even at the end of the day and the only lines I waited in were chair 22 right when it first opened in the morning.

People often think it is just the lack of lifts running that drives people in to buy even more burgers and feeding the real cash cow. But Mammoth is also known to use space lasers to increase the cold and windy conditions to sell more burgers, You would think that space lasers would be cost prohibitive, but they make so much money on those burgers, it is a net positive.

I seriously don't know how ya'll are having fun with all that cold, windy and lack of lifts running. But you do you. I would have just gone in to eaten a burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    People often think it is just the lack of lifts running that drives people in to buy even more burgers and feeding the real cash cow. But Mammoth is also known to use space lasers to increase the cold and windy conditions to sell more burgers, You would think that space lasers would be cost prohibitive, but they make so much money on those burgers, it is a net positive.

I seriously don't know how ya'll are having fun with all that cold, windy and lack of lifts running. But you do you. I would have just gone in to eaten a burger.
    DUDE, you're forgetting the first rule of Mammoth space lasers!!!

Kidding aside glad some of y'all were out there "suffering" with me. My nose looks like someone hit me in the face with a shovel but it was 100% worth it. Biggest props was to my 6yr old daughter who did a full 5 hours on Sunday in the storm and backed it up on Monday with another full day lesson. She's just fearless and uber confident at this point but most of al is having FUN and loving every second of it. 2nd hot chocolate of the day? Nutella crepes? Desert on a Monday? FUCK YEA KIDDO!!!!

With the break in the storm cycle the snowbanks around town have started to retreat slightly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5171.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	446933
    Someones truck has started to emerge from a snowbank on Sierra Nevada Rd where it's apparently been hibernating for the last month. If it was a Toyota I'ld be confident that it would fire right up and you could drive it out of there. Not so sure with this one.

Well God damn. I wonder if someone is looking for a truck

Hope there is no one inside.

They would just need a case of beer and pee their way out.

iscariot

Today was really fun.

The winds are buffing things up really well right now. We started out with a bunch of laps on chair 9, then went to the upper mountain. We did a few Dave's, a few Climax laps and skied P1 a couple of times. The buff on all three was pretty phenomenal. Hopefully these winds will continue.

Thursday was also fun, although the wind had really not done it's thing yet.

We will be there tomorrow. Me in a red/orange Arctyrex jacket, blue pants, a black helmet and gopro, skiing on Praxis RX with the cubes top sheet. My wife is wearing a black Black Crowes jacket, maroon pants and skiing on Blizzard Sheva 9. Give us a shout if any of you are around and happen to see us.

Hopefully some of you were out today. The mountain is skiing really well.

Here are a few of my lines from today:

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Today was really fun.

The winds are buffing things up really well right now. We started out with a bunch of laps on chair 9, then went to the upper mountain. We did a few Dave's, a few Climax laps and skied P1 a couple of times. The buff on all three was pretty phenomenal. Hopefully these winds will continue.

Thursday was also fun, although the wind had really not done it's thing yet.

We will be there tomorrow. Me in a red/orange Arctyrex jacket, blue pants, a black helmet and gopro, skiing on Praxis RX with the cubes top sheet. My wife is wearing a black Black Crowes jacket, maroon pants and skiing on Blizzard Sheva 9. Give us a shout if any of you are around and happen to see us.

Hopefully some of you were out today. The mountain is skiing really well.

Here are a few of my lines from today:

Word. Stayed home as i'm driving up Thursday afternoon. Going to Genesis at Riv to see TW play hopefully not, one last time then heading north. HMU if you're going to be up....
    Last edited by Boomer28; 02-13-2023 at 11:11 AM.