Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett's Anus
    Thirdly, the chances of that terrain sliding in that situation is very unlikely.
    So you are saying there is a chance?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

I'd say more like one in a million, Lloyd.

I don't know the what the weather has been like up in the great white north, but wasn't all this snow from one single storm? If so doesn't that greatly reduce any chance for a slide because there are no layers in the snow that could fail?

I seem to remember the CAIC saying "get out there and ski everything" a few years ago when Colorado got a huge early dump for its first storm of the year for this very reason, but I could be wrong because I was out of the country at the time.
    Last edited by robokill1981; 09-13-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robokill1981
    I don't know the what the weather has been like up in the great white north, but wasn't all this snow from one single storm? If so doesn't that greatly reduce any chance for a slide because there are no layers in the snow that could fail?

I seem to remember the CAIC saying "get out there and ski everything" a few years ago when Colorado got a huge early dump for its first storm of the year for this very reason, but I could be wrong because I was in the country at the time.
    Depends. If there was a lot of wind, the top few inches could turn into a slab, and slide.

Quote Originally Posted by robokill1981
    If so doesn't that greatly reduce any chance for a slide because there are no layers in the snow that could fail?
    That's what I assumed as well and why I didn't think anything of it. Low-to-no angle, same storm. This thread was rolling along nicely until it got bogged down with all this nitpicky stuff.
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 09-20-2005 at 09:32 PM.

All you dipshits critiquing the avy risk are welcome, at any time, to come see the slope for yourself and actually give yourselves the option of making comments that aren't based on info you pulled from your ass.
    It's a powder day in September - enjoy the pictures and quit shitting on Eldo's stoke.

When someone posts something about tacos or lawsuits, the cunting of this thread will be complete. Nice work, gents!

Eldo - very sweet pics! I'm a tad bit jealous. Just a smidge. Counting on just about a month til some fresh turns are made...

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder
    All you dipshits critiquing the avy risk are welcome, at any time, to come see the slope for yourself and actually give yourselves the option of making comments that aren't based on info you pulled from your ass.
    It's a powder day in September - enjoy the pictures and quit shitting on Eldo's stoke.

Actually, I find the September beginning to the armchair avy quarterbacking to be among the funniest aspects of this board. Really, they are so utterly absurd you just have to laugh.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

I take full responsibility for the avy thread drift and I apologize to eldo (and others) once again.
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Quote Originally Posted by stump832
    When someone posts something about tacos or lawsuits, the cunting of this thread will be complete. Nice work, gents!

Eldo - very sweet pics! I'm a tad bit jealous. Just a smidge. Counting on just about a month til some fresh turns are made...
    You have to post about tacos; lawsuits; hitler and compare them all to GWB to really cunt up this thread no?

What i like about this TR is that I've actually biked in the area around Highwood Pass and think I've seen this slope. DROOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ...................

whaahahhahahahaha...pow.
    sick²

and btw. to get something sliding below 27° (and there was only one occasion in the alps in the last years where a slope actually slid at 27-28) you'll need pure ice (glacier etc.) as a base because not even in spring you can trigger something that flat. no steep terrain above and a 20° slope to walk up on seems not that dangerous.
    but hey maybe northamerican mountains are just very slick...what do i know
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Sweet TR! Nice Pics - Way to get after it!!
    Small is the number of those that see with their eyes and feel with their hearts - A.E.

How did I miss this for days. Well next year for me. I'll be glad to be back for Xmas the way its going. Thanks for coming to the party.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW
    How did I miss this for days. Well next year for me. I'll be glad to be back for Xmas the way its going...
    That settles it. This will be an enormous season in the Cnd Rockies. You are stuck in the Middle East, Idris and Redskea are headed to Cham, Team Dirt is based on the left coast for the winter, I think I read that Pow Slut will also be in Yurp, and Eldereldo didn't buy a pass.

All signs point to Mother Nature giving it up more often than a Catholic high school girl at her first kegger.

Or, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo
    That settles it. This will be an enormous season in the Cnd Rockies. You are stuck in the Middle East, Idris and Redskea are headed to Cham, Team Dirt is based on the left coast for the winter, I think I read that Pow Slut will also be in Yurp, and Eldereldo didn't buy a pass.

All signs point to Mother Nature giving it up more often than a Catholic high school girl at her first kegger.

Or, maybe not.
    You are probably right, it seems to snow in the Canadian Rockies when I am not there.
    You'll have to get out and ski a lot then to make up for all of us who aren't there. You'll need to do some porpose style running for Red too.
    'I dare to dream and differ from the hollow lies'

Although a slope like that would not bury you, it still is avalanche terrain.
    If for some bizzare reason that slope did go, it could certainly bury you. Two friends of mine were up to their necks buried in a slide on a slope smaller than that with no more snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo

Or, maybe not.
    Sounds like the perfect storm brewing. But once I'm back there are vacation days to use up.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

First post here....Great board guys! Looks like a good place to shoot the shit.

Awesome pics to start the season off. Next time you want to stop in North West Calgary on the way out and pick me up.

Fuck'n Ah...seasons here.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf
    First post here....Great board guys! Looks like a good place to shoot the shit.

Awesome pics to start the season off. Next time you want to stop in North West Calgary on the way out and pick me up.

Fuck'n Ah...seasons here.
    which neighbor hood? Be intersested in car pooling this season, NW also

Hey DougW

I'm in Arbour lake at the moment. Moving to Tuscany Oct 7. I ski mid week Tuesday to Thursday. I can give you a lift if any of those days work for you.

I have a pass at Sunshine - I ski Kicking Horse allot as well.

Let me Know

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf
    Hey DougW

I'm in Arbour lake at the moment. Moving to Tuscany Oct 7. I ski mid week Tuesday to Thursday. I can give you a lift if any of those days work for you.

I have a pass at Sunshine - I ski Kicking Horse allot as well.

Let me Know
    If you feel like making a slight detour 7 hours east and picking me up that'd be great.
    Yep, seen this before. Crazy liquor & cheeseburger party got out of control.

WOW those are some SWEET photos!!!
    My titties are getting hard just looking at them!

I'm jealous. Our snow hasn't arrived yet.

Quote Originally Posted by divegirl
    WOW those are some SWEET photos!!!

My titties are getting hard just looking at them!

I'm jealous. Our snow hasn't arrived yet.
    This post is useless without pictures

I was just down in the crowsnest pass and as trying to take my motor bike over racehorse pass, it wasn't the 6" of snow left at only 6000 ft that stopped me or all the downed trees from the snow, it was the 100m long 1-2m deep SLIDE across the road at 6,500 ft. oh well

still some snow at the highwood, not enough to ski anymore, might check out the fort on Fri or Sat

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion
    I was just down in the crowsnest pass and as trying to take my motor bike over racehorse pass, it wasn't the 6" of snow left at only 6000 ft that stopped me or all the downed trees from the snow, it was the 100m long 1-2m deep SLIDE across the road at 6,500 ft. oh well

still some snow at the highwood, not enough to ski anymore, might check out the fort on Fri or Sat

Me and the redhead are thinking about Rae Glacier on Saturday. Interested?