Back End Engineers/Coder Job Help?

Long shot here, but I've got a good buddy (decent skier) who finished his Turing Back End Engineering program this year but has been struggling massively to land a job.

I know the markets have taken a turn in the last 4-6mo, but wondering if any Mags work in this realm and have any openings, connections, leads, etc. He's applying and hunting all day, busting his ass as far as I can tell. I'm trying to help my guy get on his feet and move forward with his life.

Thanks in advance

Does he have any experience in box fans for server closets?

How's his python? Most jobs I know want backend guys with 4-6 years, that's the problem

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    How's his python? Most jobs I know want backend guys with 4-6 years, that's the problem

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I know he did a 20-30hr Python bootcamp course in October, not sure how much experience he has beyond that.

Yeah, it sounds like it's a tough job market for a new guy right now...

Send me a PM. I have a job open and am willing to help someone green if they are willing to put in the work. Ecommerce SaaS company, office is 15 minutes from chairlift.

I have never heard of this program but it's kind of criminal that it's based on Ruby. In Denver, for example, there are 80 jobs in Ruby compared to 1k+ in Python. If your buddy wants a job I would tell him to get good at another language. Beginners are going to have more trouble finding remote work because they are more likely to need babysitting. Tell them to get their foot in the door wherever for the experience.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Send me a PM. I have a job open and am willing to help someone green if they are willing to put in the work. Ecommerce SaaS company, office is 15 minutes from chairlift.
    PM coming

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    I have never heard of this program but it's kind of criminal that it's based on Ruby. In Denver, for example, there are 80 jobs in Ruby compared to 1k+ in Python. If your buddy wants a job I would tell him to get good at another language. Beginners are going to have more trouble finding remote work because they are more likely to need babysitting. Tell them to get their foot in the door wherever for the experience.
    Makes sense all around. We have another mutual friend who did Turing a few years back and has been really successful. Not sure about the Ruby base, but I would guess that's what their school/staff competency is centered on??