Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Nice Alpine! My 7yo hit 20 today and was pretty excited.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Big day in the cat with Piglet and Kim Reichhelm’s Women’s Extreme Ski Clinic. I love skiing with ripping chicks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't get much more extreme than a heated snowcat and catered lunch from the nell

I'm not mad or jealous that I had to work all day for the past two days btw

First time I’ve seen a Breathe Right strip for alpine skiing. Amazing.

The moose came over to watch me ski down Javelin after work:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1674092740.808019.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	828.7 KB 
ID:	443207

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    First time I’ve seen a Breathe Right strip for alpine skiing. Amazing.

Name:	Image1674092740.808019.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	828.7 KB 
ID:	443207
    Steve was Hanle’s best friend in high school and playing water polo at USC. Taking care of your best friends, former best friend, was awesome.
    I only pay $300/day and he would have paid $229 for a day ticket.
    He killed it and is probably still parting with Kim.
    She’s a blast and it was a really a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Big day in the cat with Piglet and Kim Reichhelm’s Women’s Extreme Ski Clinic. I love skiing with ripping chicks!

Think I boated Westwater with Piglet a couple of lifetimes ago that rattled the neurons

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Think I boated Westwater with Piglet a couple of lifetimes ago that rattled the neurons
    Yep, she and her husband Chip are boaters.
    She’s also the lead coach in the bike park.
    All a round ripper.

We got 8 runs on Little Anne’s side and 4 on Difficult.
    Difficult is deeep.

Yep, she and her husband Chip are boaters.
    She’s also the lead coach in the bike park.
    All a round ripper.

We got 8 runs on Little Anne’s side and 4 on Difficult.
    Difficult is deeep.
    Envy..miss the Fork sometimes

I've got another few weeks of healing to do. Swelling won't come back down.

All reports have been the skiing is staying really nice for y'all. I'll be at the snowmass pool again Saturday while the kids are in AVSC doing water aerobics for my PT lol.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I've got another few weeks of healing to do. Swelling won't come back down.

All reports have been the skiing is staying really nice for y'all. I'll be at the snowmass pool again Saturday while the kids are in AVSC doing water aerobics for my PT lol.
    Might have to have you ski with my wife when I come out there in a few weeks! She's dealing with some knee and back issues after falling on her backside while walking the dog a few weeks ago. Going to she has she does this weekend at Bachelor.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Skiing has been good, pretty constant little refreshes and sustained cold temps. X games junk show has begun though...

X games junk show has begun though...
    Skiing’s been phenomenal, but after 65 days straight, my body needed a break.

I’ll be ready to rip on February 5. After a ten day yoga retreat in the Bahamas.
    Hope to ski with all of you again soon!

A time for everything, enjoy!

Skiing’s been phenomenal, but after 65 days straight, my body needed a break.

I’ll be ready to rip on February 5. After a ten day yoga retreat in the Bahamas.
    Hope to ski with all of you again soon!

Looks like Harbour Island. Those Goombay Smashes on the beach are dangerous!

7yo doesn’t have AVSC tomorrow, 5 yo does at Snowmass.

Gonna take him up the bowl for his first time…he is super stoked and hopefully we have fun and he is up for one DT lap after. If not, oh well…but he is really starting to rip.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Name:	Image1674949323.897137.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	444958

Great day out there. Made it to the top and back down. It was windy and the snow was pretty deep in the Gs. When you are only 50” tall, it doesn’t take much to be knee deep.

The boy did pretty darn awesome. I am sure most parents that do this will attest that it can be an emotional experience. I was very happy I had recently bought him some powder skis. The 76mm x 110cm season rentals would of been brutal for him.

We didn’t do any DT runs as he was ready for lunch, but three laps of Scarlett’s bumps at his request…had him passed out on the way home!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

Name:	Image1674949323.897137.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	444958

Great day out there. Made it to the top and back down. It was windy and the snow was pretty deep in the Gs. When you are only 50” tall, it doesn’t take much to be knee deep.

The boy did pretty darn awesome. I am sure most parents that do this will attest that it can be an emotional experience. I was very happy I had recently bought him some powder skis. The 76mm x 110cm season rentals would of been brutal for him.

We didn’t do any DT runs as he was ready for lunch, but three laps of Scarlett’s bumps at his request…had him passed out on the way home!
    Mini me's hiking the boot track (especially when some tall bastard with long legs sets it) is an impressive feat. Bravo on making some memories together!

Havent been to highlands in a few weeks. Is the cat going to run this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Mini me's hiking the boot track (especially when some tall bastard with long legs sets it) is an impressive feat. Bravo on making some memories together!

It was running this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post

It’s been running for a few weeks. It still needs to be axed. Skier compaction be damned, right?

I did my usual Sunday routine: ski with the kids in the morning then scramble to Highlands for a mad dash afternoon at 1:30. I dropped into Ballroom for the first time in a couple years and it was really good, very few tracks. I skied it a ton on ‘18-19 but I don’t feel like it’s filled in well since.

Name:	IMG_7967.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	445225

I had time for a quick Snyders-GLE lap that still had good pockets and then beat the rope for a hik up top. Pete Gaston and I were the only ones out and both scored a great Ozone lap. Wind was brutal and scouring the west face and ridge. Incredibly cold but it was filling Ozone in nicely.

Name:	IMG_7970.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	445226

Was just out there thanks to a $$$ friend and got to ski a few days in RFV for the first time. Fun stuff out there, hope I can get back soon

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Was just out there thanks to a $$$ friend and got to ski a few days in RFV for the first time. Fun stuff out there, hope I can get back soon
    Glad you enjoyed. Now don't tell your friends lol...

Or do, they are probably cool
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

It’s been running for a few weeks. It still needs to be axed. Skier compaction be damned, right?

I did my usual Sunday routine: ski with the kids in the morning then scramble to Highlands for a mad dash afternoon at 1:30. I dropped into Ballroom for the first time in a couple years and it was really good, very few tracks. I skied it a ton on ‘18-19 but I don’t feel like it’s filled in well since.

Name:	IMG_7967.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	445225

I had time for a quick Snyders-GLE lap that still had good pockets and then beat the rope for a hik up top. Pete Gaston and I were the only ones out and both scored a great Ozone lap. Wind was brutal and scouring the west face and ridge. Incredibly cold but it was filling Ozone in nicely.
    Always love these type of bootpack shots of Highlands bowl. Hope to hike it in a few weeks, albeit very slowly!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Cold and quiet at Ajax this morning and no real line at 8:50. I had just enough time for a dipsy-pump house-Cone 1- slalom. A++ snow quality and depth

Name:	IMG_7981.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	445420

Name:	IMG_7983.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	445421

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Always love these type of bootpack shots of Highlands bowl. Hope to hike it in a few weeks, albeit very slowly!
    Toad, when will you be out there? We are coming in for a quick Basalt vacay with family from 3/2-3/6.

2022-23 Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley Conditions

Familia hoarhey based in snowmass 2/11-2/22

Aggressive in my own mind