Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Toad, when will you be out there? We are coming in for a quick Basalt vacay with family from 3/2-3/6.
    Planning Feb. 11-18th
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Always love these type of bootpack shots of Highlands bowl. Hope to hike it in a few weeks, albeit very slowly!
    First hike of trip is always the toughest

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    First hike of trip is always the toughest

I've been trying to train one day a week by skinning around the lowlands of the Cascades. But, there's no substitute for training at CO altitudes! And I find it's the 2nd hike that's the toughest because my legs are shot by then!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

2nd hike of the day, you are probably right

Just gotta bring a summit beer for some carrot on a stick type motivation
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Hike stoke. Beautiful up there yesterday and I scored some wintery turns on the right shoulder of Boxcar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7999.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	446072

2022-23 Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley Conditions

Long shot but anyone willing to loan a pair of skis for sun/mon to my brother as he thought it’d be a good idea to bring skis/bindings that weren’t mounted (but what he thought was drilled for said bindings) and screw them in when he got here only to realize that the heels don’t line up. Looking for mid to high 180s w a binding that would work w a 325bsl. We’re staying in Snowmass Village but could drive within reasonable distance.

Happy to compensate the lender.

I’ve got my 189 Atris mounted for 298 with Axial 3 that could probably just stretch. Also 186 Volkl One with Griffons that could possibly make it. 180 Brahmas with Griffon demos. All those would be an aggressive rearward mount though with his BSL. I’m by Buttermilk.

Also happy to share 50% demo coupons to 4 Mountain Sports via text

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I’ve got my 189 Atris mounted for 298 with Axial 3 that could probably just stretch. Also 186 Volkl One with Griffons that could possibly make it. 180 Brahmas with Griffon demos. All those would be an aggressive rearward mount though with his BSL. I’m by Buttermilk.

Also happy to share 50% demo coupons to 4 Mountain Sports via text

Pm sent. Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Long shot but anyone willing to loan a pair of skis for sun/mon to my brother as he thought it’d be a good idea to bring skis/bindings that weren’t mounted (but what he thought was drilled for said bindings) and screw them in when he got here only to realize that the heels don’t line up. Looking for mid to high 180s w a binding that would work w a 325bsl. We’re staying in Snowmass Village but could drive within reasonable distance.

Happy to compensate the lender.
    I’m in Snowmass and have something that would fit him. But he’s probably just better off having a shop mount his binders. PM me if you need some skis.

Burgers and hats on the Shadow Mountain Deck tomorrow.

Hike stoke. Beautiful up there yesterday and I scored some wintery turns on the right shoulder of Boxcar

Name:	IMG_7999.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	446072
    do they groom that boot pack?
    off your knees Louie

Do you not have boot packs in AK?

2nd bowl hike for Mackenzie. Much improved all around compared to last year. Spent the rest of the day crushing Highlands bumps. Amazing day out there after the cold stretch we’ve had.

Name:	IMG_4488.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	446274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4480.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	446285
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 02-05-2023 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I’m in Snowmass and have something that would fit him. But he’s probably just better off having a shop mount his binders. PM me if you need some skis.

Burgers and hats on the Shadow Mountain Deck tomorrow.
    Pm sent

Yeah, great day at Highlands. My wife skied her first post-op Bowl lap. Chalky and fun down Ozone

Name:	IMG_8014.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	446306

Name:	IMG_8022.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	446307

Name:	IMG_8023.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	446309

Nice job Mackenzie!

Sorry I didn’t see the ski request until now. I always have some Blizzard Cochise in I think 185 that have Dukes on them.

The weather this weekend made me feel like the season is coming to close. Luckily we are still have almost 3 months and winter will resume this week…hopefully.

Either way…great fun skiing in the nice weather. Highlands groomers were in basically perfect condition today.

Family skiing while the 7yo did his first race. Racing doesn’t seem like it will be his thing and they mixed the PreDevo kids in with the U8 Alpine group…he was stoked on his 8th place finish.

The vibe at the base in the sunshine with all the parents chilling and kids playing in the snow was really fun. Big thanks to all the volunteers that help put this stuff together for the kids!

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Yeah, great day at Highlands. My wife skied her first post-op Bowl lap. Chalky and fun down Ozone

Name:	IMG_8014.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	446306

Name:	IMG_8022.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	446307

Name:	IMG_8023.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	446309
    I think I may have skied down right past you guys when you were taking pics in that spot

Ozone was super fun got two laps in on it. Second hike the wind was pretty wild, people were getting straight up knocked over by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Today should be pretty good for those that can get out.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Today should be pretty good for those that can get out.

Damn yeah the Snowmass stake loaded up a ton in the last couple hours

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Damn yeah the Snowmass stake loaded up a ton in the last couple hours

Overnight says 5" on the Snowmass website but the Snowmass snowstake shows 10"? That's quite a lot of snow in just a few hours, or?

Overnight says 5" on the Snowmass website but the Snowmass snowstake shows 10"? That's quite a lot of snow in just a few hours, or?
    The time lapse of the stake on open snow shows a super fast additional 4” this morning so either a thin heavy band hit Snowmass or someone shook the trees

What are the options for lift passes once I burn up my 6 days of Ikon? Am I screwed? Take out a 2nd mortgage? Skin Buttermilk for turns? Thanks!

There’s a nominal discount for days behind allotted 7

Via Ikon buddy pass it’s 25%
    So expensive, I don’t even know the exact daily rate anymore, if 200, it’s 150, normal yowza
    Last edited by hoarhey; 02-06-2023 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I think I may have skied down right past you guys when you were taking pics in that spot

Ozone was super fun got two laps in on it. Second hike the wind was pretty wild, people were getting straight up knocked over by it
    Nice, were you on the 2021 Atris? She was happy on her hike and ski and stoked on the consistent windbuff most of the way down, but we kept it to one lap.

What are the options for lift passes once I burn up my 6 days of Ikon? Am I screwed? Take out a 2nd mortgage? Skin Buttermilk for turns? Thanks!
    Best option: skin up the the Merry Go Round at Highlands and then ski the top of the mountain (Loge, DT and Cloud 9) without scanners. You can skin Tiehack or Main, or skin Ajax early and ski the top of the mountain. We can probably round up some 50% off lift ticket coupons for you too

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    There’s a nominal discount for days behind allotted 7

Okay, I was looking at the Ikon website FAQ and wasn't seeing anything on what the discount amount was. I'm flying out late afternoon on the 18th, so if conditions are epic, then I would definitely want to ski, but if it's just a non-pow day, doing some cardio. I like the idea of skinning up Merry Go Round at Highlands though. Didn't know that was an option. Love this board for the Beta!