Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1673134006.306893.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	441653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3814.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	441654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3817.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	441655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3816.JPG 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	441656

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Nice date, somebody is gettin' some tonight.

Had great fun at Highland today. Didn't take a hike up the bowl, but did drop into Teremity bowl a couple of times and found some knee deep pockets u n the trees. Very fun. Some of the short chutes lower down, while hit hard, still skied well. I have been to a bunch of CO ski hills, but the three we hit in Aspen have been the best snow and terrain by far. That said, I have not been to Telluride or Silverton.

Thanks for making a great set of mountains. On my way to the Wasatch, but hope to be back some day.

Cheers

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

You guys are lucky. This valley offers everything a skier could ask for. Your mountain operations seem predictable and that goes a long way to providing a great experience. I use your bus system as a example of areas doing it right for tourist and locals, in many conversations. Why can't Tahoe figure out a bus system. It would really make everyones winter better. I have been here many good years and bad years but your area seams to really have that X factor that makes a good time every time.
    Oh ya the bowl skied great today. I did catch a good shark on g-8. So if anyone can recommend a quick place to get a repair in town let me know.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Oh ya the bowl skied great today. I did catch a good shark on g-8. So if anyone can recommend a quick place to get a repair in town let me know.
    Hamilton or Stapleton Sports, both right in town.

I gave my wife the morning slot for some
    Ajax laps. We had a triple birthday party up at West for most of the day, but I managed to get over to Highlands just after 2pm. Three solid DT laps and a nice, meandering T2B. Back up to Highlands tomorrow with Black Crows and some bowl laps

Name:	Image1673155444.041705.jpg 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	441730

To be fair, it is much easier to build a bus system that goes up and down a valley with all the hills on or near the main road. Tahoe is a different beast altogether. Once I figured out the bus system and parking in the art it was great, but the websites were better bad at explaining the system so it took me a few tries to get it right.

...and overnight parking at Brush Creek P&R is tits.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Hamilton or Stapleton Sports, both right in town.

I gave my wife the morning slot for some
    Ajax laps. We had a triple birthday party up at West for most of the day, but I managed to get over to Highlands just after 2pm. Three solid DT laps and a nice, meandering T2B. Back up to Highlands tomorrow with Black Crows and some bowl laps
    You're good at that. I'll be back in that profile in a few weeks I hope.

I got my MRI on Friday and surprised everyone, no torn ligaments. I'm on the pt train to see how the knee reacts and may need to get some cartilage taken care of. It's where I've done damage before, it just got caught up and re-damaged. Positive is I lived with it before, so if it isn't a thing, it isn't a thing. I also have to wait for a few bone bruises to heal.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

^^ Nice, gr!

I love perusing this thread from the red-headed stepchild side of the Elks. Always fascinating, like that Marolt article. Cheers,

out with my 2 nephews in a few weeks. They need a full rental setup (skis). The older one can ski deeper and steeper stuff so will want something beyond traditional piste skis. Staying near Lift One.

Recommendations?

Good to hear GR. It sounds like my knee 10 years ago. Some meniscal damage, but not ligament issues. My orthodox said I didn't need surgery, but will probably want surgery in the future. Skied on it a couple of years until the occasion catching of the flap got to be a hassle, so had pretty minor arthroscopic surgery. No issues since. Good luck with healing.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    out with my 2 nephews in a few weeks. They need a full rental setup (skis). The older one can ski deeper and steeper stuff so will want something beyond traditional piste skis. Staying near Lift One.

Recommendations?
    Usually with kids, and if you're in town SkiCo's 4 mountain sports is usually the easiest as it's everywhere and you can swap out pretty easy. For most other things I usually point people toward Hamilton's.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Fun weekend out there. Tried to go to highlands both days and ended up at Ajax both days. Saturday we headed in for HOV parking and the traffic was backed up past the ARC so we bailed instantly and yesterday buttermilk lot was completely full (mainly due to lots of questionable parking jobs) so we couldn’t park to get the shuttle. Ajax was skiing great though, especially in Perry’s and the T’s. I guess this was one of those weekends where highlands had everyone’s attention since Ajax had zero lines
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Good news GR, that’s awesome.

Highlands seemed pretty mellow. Skied with the black crows crew and bit and got to ski some fun laps with Jim Morrison. Super nice guy and ripper, on little touring skis.

Name:	Image1673285549.330276.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	441877

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Fun weekend out there. Tried to go to highlands both days and ended up at Ajax both days. Saturday we headed in for HOV parking and the traffic was backed up past the ARC so we bailed instantly and yesterday buttermilk lot was completely full (mainly due to lots of questionable parking jobs) so we couldn’t park to get the shuttle. Ajax was skiing great though, especially in Perry’s and the T’s. I guess this was one of those weekends where highlands had everyone’s attention since Ajax had zero lines
    Line at the gondi was all the way through gondi plaza just before 9 on Saturday. By the time I left at 9:15 they were walk on buckets.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Line at the gondi was all the way through gondi plaza just before 9 on Saturday. By the time I left at 9:15 they were walk on buckets.
    Yeah we walked straight on the gondi at 915 and didn't wait in any lines the rest of the day but mostly rode 1A and Ruthies
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

The parking is becoming more and more of an issue. Wish they would run the Highlands shuttle from Brush Creek during the week. I also wish a certain lot wasn’t free after 12 at DVT headquarters.

Oh well…I found spots, but really feels like we could use a BM lot expansion (along with a dedicated turning lane from the merge point up).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The parking is becoming more and more of an issue.
    As a tourista, I love that Brush Creek is so convenient - we use it regardless of where we are skiing.

Wish they would run the Highlands shuttle from Brush Creek during the week.
    This would be a very nice development. Not that it's really a terrible PITA to switch to the AH bus at the roundabout.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This would be a very nice development. Not that it's really a terrible PITA to switch to the AH bus at the roundabout.
    At this point for me it is enough of a pain that I don't even consider it as an option. If I'm skiing highlands it's either HOV in the garage or BM direct shuttle. I'm sure I'm spoiled and lazy but I can park easy and free in Aspen and ski Ajax whenever I want. Direct shuttle from Brush Creek would be very awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    At this point for me it is enough of a pain that I don't even consider it as an option.
    You folks up in the Land of Milk and Honey are *definitely* spoiled.

ETA: We did find the *return* transfer to be enough of a PITA to just ride the bus into the Rubey Park station and transfer to whichever line was departing soonest back to Brush Creek...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You folks up in the Land of Milk and Honey are *definitely* spoiled.

ETA: We did find the *return* transfer to be enough of a PITA to just ride the bus into the Rubey Park station and transfer to whichever line was departing soonest back to Brush Creek...
    The return for DV is annoying ( I live by Buttermilk), but you catch a bus into town and get off at 8th Street, walk across and wait for an outbound bus. That or take the skiers shuttle (white van) from Highlands base to Buttermilk, then walk over to the downvalley RFTA stop.

Weekday Highlands skiing+free parking is best by parking at 8th, the Chapel or parking at Buttermilk and using the skiers shuttle.

2022-23 Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley Conditions

Skied Snowmass today. It was kinda like a few days after thanksgiving over there today. Found some left overs in the headwall area and down in the lower glades. Is it worth it to go all the way to lower ladder? I keep getting sucked in before I get there. Wind was starting to pick up on high alpine at the end of the day. And the snow fences held some great wind blown up top.
    The guys at Stapleton sports hooked it up, that is all, thanks for the recommendations. I hooked up with a local today on the chair after I followed his entrance into hanging valley and when I asked him for change on the lift he thought I was asking for mota funny, I am from Cali so you know I alway have my own cigarette. I am starting to think this area is like fight club. So I need to remember rule number one.
    Last edited by Truckee Joe; 01-09-2023 at 09:17 PM.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Skied Snowmass today. It was kinda like a few days after thanksgiving over there today. Found some left overs in the headwall area and down in the lower glades. Is it worth it to go all the way to lower ladder? I keep getting sucked in before I get there.
    I usually go over there but coverage is still a little light to get the furthest skiers right stuff in play which is the most interesting area (though I haven’t been in there since the last storm). Fun spot to pick through down Rayburn’s chute with a nice cliff on the left at the bottom and almost always some good leftovers in there, but lots of rocks getting into it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post

Recommendations?
    All of us pass holders get vouchers for discounted rentals at Four Mountain and 50% off ski school.
    Send me your digits and you’re welcome to mine.

Today’s looking nice! I’ll be at 1A @ 8:45.

3” report. 6” on the mtn. Go get some!

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    3” report. 6” on the mtn. Go get some!
    Just ripped Henry’s. Nobody here, foggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Just ripped Henry’s. Nobody here, foggy.
    Out of curiosity, what is Henry's? Also perhaps someone here knows - what is the shot called between Sunrise/Sunset and Short Face? The one that is the last possible line to get on chair 3.