Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Some nice surfy, base-building snow up there today. Pretty damn cold as well. It felt good to break out the alpine boots and big skis.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Some nice surfy, base-building snow up there today. Pretty damn cold as well. It felt good to break out the alpine boots and big skis.
    Base building snow is a good description for current conditions.

Got out on Snowmass early. Not too busy. Cold. Too much snow for the burn. Still lots of fun. Pack it all down before the next storm.

This morning was super fun…at least I had a blast. Definitely some of the best November skiing I have done in a while.

Handful of laps on the Knob and then a couple on burn after it was good and chopped up. Was certainly chilly….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669757404.665825.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	435945

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Yeah, I skied Aspen around lunch. I was surprised by how much this opened on Bell. Certainly still found a few sharks but that is to be expected. I only remember a handful of days with this much coverage in my time here. Hoping they can get the Ruthie's side open soon.

Highlands opener should be decent if we can eek out another foot or so before those lifts spin.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Highlands opener should be decent if we can eek out another foot or so before those lifts spin.
    Best part about Highlands opening weekend is skiing deserted Ajax

While I sometimes agree.
    I’ve had some incredible openings at Highlands. This one looks promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple years ago the Highlands opening line was absolutely heinous. Went and had a great day at empty Ajax. It can be really good though. I'll be out of town for this one which is a partial bummer but also less stressful
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I have been visiting Aspen since 2002. The changes have made it that we don't even come into Aspen unless we are skiing. Most of our apres happens down valley. The glamour, glitz, and insta fuckery turns me off. But, the skiing... Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    I have been visiting Aspen since 2002. The changes have made it that we don't even come into Aspen unless we are skiing. Most of our apres happens down valley. The glamour, glitz, and insta fuckery turns me off. But, the skiing... Yummy.
    Ugh.....don't bring that fuckery down here! lol
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I hope the next system brings as much snow as it just blew away. Last few laps at Snowmass were amazing despite the wind though

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Thought my house was going to blow away last night, sheesh

Edit: very good skiing on Ajax this afternoon... hell yeah
    Last edited by JaytaeMoney; 12-02-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Last few
    Days are as good as the skiing gets when it’s not a 10”+ pow day.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Skied for our tree on Saturday; took the boys up to Elk Camp on Sunday for their first turns of the season. Gotta get my ass up to Ajax this week. Powder Posse and the general weekend shenanigans looked pretty good inbounds!

Name:	IMG_7624.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	436813

Name:	IMG_7632.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1,015.4 KB 
ID:	436814

So now we've got Kristi/Walsh's and the Dumps open with more snow on the way. One of the best early seasons I can remember.

I figured they’d open that stuff soon. I’ll be up for lunch tomorrow and maybe Wednesday and Thursday too

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

2022-23 Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley Conditions

Gonna be a good one!
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 12-06-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Gonna be a good one!
    Snow report was much less then the cams show…haha

Have fun out there! Tomorrow morning for me…hope it keeps coming!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Snow report was much less then the cams show…haha

Have fun out there! Tomorrow morning for me…hope it keeps coming!

Bummer they called a snow day. Was hoping to finally get a powder day with my wife. Don’t people have snow tires? Summit County calls a snow day once every 5 years.

Bummer they called a snow day. Was hoping to finally get a powder day with my wife. Don’t people have snow tires? Summit County calls a snow day once every 5 years.
    Pitkin County Sheriffs gave ASD and us the rec to call it based on roads and vis. But I agree, in sentiment, that we’re getting too soft with our delays/snow days, but it’s not great out and continuing through the day.

I’ll be at the Gondi at 8:30; should be good

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Pitkin County Sheriffs gave ASD and us the rec to call it based on roads and vis. But I agree, in sentiment, that we’re getting too soft with our delays/snow days, but it’s not great out and continuing through the day.

I’ll be at the Gondi at 8:30; should be good
    It comes down to timing as much as everything else. The R&B boys come in around 4 and are hitting it by 5 most snowy mornings, but when it is snowing this hard right at pick up time....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Soft. Roads weren't even that bad this morning, I come in on Owl Creek every day which is about as sketch as it gets and it was fine.

That being said, this is very awesome. Winter!!!

Way too soft. Between 3 holiday breaks, illness, early release, delays and closures, the kids haven’t had a full week of school in 2 months.

Forecast is looking promising for you folks out there. I hope it holds up. I remember chasing a storm like this one on the radar about 12 years ago and skiing untracked mid-week pow for several days.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I don’t mind having a snow day today - I get to ski with the teenagers for a change. Feels like school district got priorities right.

The one a few weeks ago before mountain opened - that was soft….

What a morning! Pretty nice first day back and no one out there; so bizarre. I got off the bus at 8:25 and the line was still on the steps up to the gondola.

Edit: my lone photo; Perry’s:

Name:	Image1670352256.527652.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	436989

All aspects skied great and 12” now on the stake.