Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    New Crown Royale trail is wild. Chaotic but super fun
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I have never seen loop features like that before. I still prefer tech to machine built trails, but it will be pretty fun once it gets ridden more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    So Trailforks calls that "Crown Royale (Lower)" - is there an "Upper" in the works?

I had to check it out as well. Shit looks whack (in a good way).

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    So Trailforks calls that "Crown Royale (Lower)" - is there an "Upper" in the works?
    Yes, upper and middle segments are coming later this summer

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Yes, upper and middle segments are coming later this summer
    Name:  borat-verynice1.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  45.1 KB

Rode it this afternoon, it's an absolute circus in the best way. It needs a lot more traffic to pack it down though, lots of loose dirt and hoof marks.

Hi local Aspen bros, I'm planning a trip out there next March for a gathering of ~150 monoskiers called Monopalooza.

Would yall be so kind to recommend a place for accommodation?

We are hoping to have the wackiest and most hilarious trip possible and fly in and out of the airport without having to rent a car.

Is there anywhere that's kinda silly to stay at?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

From my experience there's not much left that's silly/wacky (or that affordable). The Wildwood used to be the dated+cheap hotel option, but now it's been remodeled and it's probably hard to get below $250 for a night in March. 150 people is a lot of rooms at a busy time as well; you could start with reaching out to GoSnowmass about group deals: https://www.gosnowmass.com/groups-meetings/

Transportation would be fine on the RFTA public bus to Snowmass, which has a stop across the street from the airport; 3min walk from the baggage door.

I'll have to get my Mono back in action and come rip with you guys if I'm around!

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    From my experience there's not much left that's silly/wacky (or that affordable). The Wildwood used to be the dated+cheap hotel option, but now it's been remodeled and it's probably hard to get below $250 for a night in March. 150 people is a lot of rooms at a busy time as well; you could start with reaching out to GoSnowmass about group deals: https://www.gosnowmass.com/groups-meetings/

Transportation would be fine on the RFTA public bus to Snowmass, which has a stop across the street from the airport; 3min walk from the baggage door.

I'll have to get my Mono back in action and come rip with you guys if I'm around!
    Thanks for the reply! I should clarify, it's just Oregondead and I travelling together. I'm not nearly into monoskiing enough to volunteer to help organize lol.

It'd be awesome if you joined us on the slope for a few days! The dinner is supposed to be a cool event too.

Based on my experience last weekend supporting Oregondead at his first monoski gathering, Cinco de Mono, the monopalooza people seem to be sooooo into skiing and talking about skiing. The one ski thing has altered their brain chemistry or something, so they don't give a fuck and love to ham it up. So fun.

Here is the Facebook event so you can add the dates to your calendar:

https://facebook.com/events/s/monopa...8513886870475/

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

2022-23 Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley Conditions

The Dutch dude that organizes Monopalooza is a hoot. They always seem to have a blast.

Snowmass is cheaper, but I’d try to stay in town for the adult entertainment options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    The Dutch dude that organizes Monopalooza is a hoot. They always seem to have a blast.

Snowmass is cheaper, but I’d try to stay in town for the adult entertainment options.

I'll have to keep an eye out and say hello to him, have that conversation about "perfecting the feeling, man".

Aight, I'm doing some some research...
    In your loco opinion, if you were a mass monoski gathering tourist flying into Aspen Airport looking at $400/night and had to choose between splitting a 2 bedroom condo in Snowmass 6 ways with strangers from monopalooza Facebook page OR splitting a 2 queen hotel room in downtown Aspen 3 ways with someone we know is cool, what would be the move?

I'm not as concerned about the cost because we are planning to pay for the trip with travel points. It's all about maximizing wackiness.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Stay in town. There’s just so much more to do. Hit the Belly Up at least once.
    The bus system is great, but it works better from town.

Stay in town. There’s just so much more to do. Hit the Belly Up at least once.
    The bus system is great, but it works better from town.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Happy Sky Mountain opening day to all who celebrate. The next 30 days in the upper valley are so underrated.

Ha, yeah. Made it from Basalt Middle School to the office in 35 minutes yesterday morning.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

May and October around here are an exceptional level of chill
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Happy Sky Mountain opening day to all who celebrate. The next 30 days in the upper valley are so underrated.
    Spied a neighbor spinning back at 7:30 from a first-go at Airline this morning. Tis the season

I'll try and bring the MTB up to work tomorrow and ride an airline lap or something.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Is the Ashcroft gate open and if so does anyone know how far up the road you can currently get (in a good 4x4)?

Trying to get Castle?

I rode to about 1/4 mile short of Maroon last Friday.

OMG, The dirt on Rim this morning was outstanding.

I was going to ride up Castle Creek to check it out for Wes, but the dirts too good!

I’m heading up Sky Mountain right now.

Trying to get Castle?

I rode to about 1/4 mile short of Maroon last Friday.

Yeah thinking of skiing the north couloir this weekend

I've hung up the skis, maybe I'll grab them for a day on the pass, but the riding is good and I have some rehabbing to do for next season now.

Pass should be fat for a while, but you can see the dust layer poking through in the last 800' above where the snow line is now.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I've hung up the skis, maybe I'll grab them for a day on the pass, but the riding is good and I have some rehabbing to do for next season now.

Pass should be fat for a while, but you can see the dust layer poking through in the last 800' above where the snow line is now.
    Good seeing you in passing last night - I hurt my back last week so just got out for a spin to test it out before we head to Fruita tomorrow. Simi threw down on Sky Mountain yesterday: ViewSkyAirline KOM and Airline descent KOM. I think it's crazy that Strokes and American Dave have had that descent KOM since the first year Sky Mountain opened.

I'm hoping to grab some laps on the Pass come June, but we'll see what it looks like. I've heard skiing in our zone has been pretty awful over the last week...